Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

8 minutes ago, divica said:

I think kit already said in an interview that the season was disapointing… And we also have emillia's interviews…

Only thing I saw from Kit was him saying all the critics can go fuck themselves. And this is literal, not me and my potty mouth. 

5 minutes ago, lalt said:

This. And Bran..... all that journey to become a bait that does nothing?

Theon's arc and role in that battle are far more meaningful. At least he gained those crucial seconds.

I would have liked it better if we had some sense that Theon knew Arya was there...but the show wouldn' do that because they value shock above all.  It could even be argued if Bran sees everything and he knew Arya would kill the NK, why he doesn't tell Theon to hold up, LOL.

Theon dying to save the Starks is absolutely the appropriate resolution to his story, but even that was somewhat clumsy if you look too hard.

6 minutes ago, lalt said:

Theon's arc and role in that battle are far more meaningful. At least he gained those crucial seconds.

He didn't though. He only commited suicide for no reason.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Only thing I saw from Kit was him saying all the critics can go fuck themselves. And this is literal, not me and my potty mouth. 

I also read that and it pissed me off

but see what he says towards the end of this interview

1 minute ago, divica said:

It was literally suicide. He didn t even seem to be trying to kill the NK...

I agree he didn't know about Arya. But my read is, that she made it at the last seconds (not that she was hiding)... in this sense whatever Theon did, it was very important.

But of course we'll never know, because... shock value.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Why was Jon Snow even resurrected? He has literally not accomplished a single thing since he was brought back from the dead.

Persuaded Dany to bring her armies to fight the AoTD. Not enough, but it's all I've got.

16 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Persuaded Dany to bring her armies to fight the AoTD. Not enough, but it's all I've got.

Or that Arya went to WF because of him, instead of Cersei, and thus was there to kill the NK (show-reason). She learns he's Aegon Targaryen, and she rides off, saying she's never returning again :dunno:

16 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

LOL, yeah but all that did was get half of her armies killed, which had not much to do with the NK being defeated, that is 100% on one single person who got a random idea during the battle.  Indeed, if Jon had stayed dead, Dany would probably have 3 dragons instead of 1 and would already be sitting the IT.

2 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

It's down to 6.4 now.  To me it's more surprising that episode 8.3 still has an 8.3 rating.   That episode was so bad. 

I didn't like EP3. I tend to tire when the fight sequences last more than 1 or 2 minutes. Plus the stupid "switch off button" to simply cancel the Long Night.

But I liked EP4, the going from sweet to ultra bitter. But I suppose it was too bad for those expecting good from Daenerys.

It's getting worse and worse.

Now we have David Nutter (Director) saying "I think Euron is not paying that much attention" to explain why Euron didn't react when Tyrion talks about Cersei's "baby"… "I think any type of intrusion there would've weakened the intent of what we were trying to sell" :bang:

2 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

It's getting worse and worse. Now we have David Nutter (Director) saying "I think Euron is not paying that much attention" to explain why Euron didn't react when Tyrion talks about Cersei's "baby"… :bang:

Don’t you know, it’s a future plot point. Big twist’s a-coming! :D

Hey, so finally people are actually agreeing with me. People used to call me a hater, pedantic, and even stupid for having an issue with all the moronic twists, plot contrivances, retcons, unretcons, sacrifice of basic logic for spectacle, teleportation, character assassination, et cetera, et cetera.

Well, guess what? This season is exactly what I expected. After two episodes of build up where the characters actually dared to be human for once (crossed wires and knowledge people shouldn't have aside), the fact the White Walkers were showing up on Episode 3 told me everything that needed to be told.

The Night King would die as a silent generic bad guy, D & D would give each other a good wank over how much they 'subverted expectations' with their wonderful reinterpration of GRRM's dark anti-war fantasy into a story that exists to say 'SEE, HUMANITY WAS TEH REEL MUNSTERS LOL', they briefly pretend Arya's a normal human being right before throwing her on a trampoline to be the most badass of smirking insufferable badasses ever, and then smoke money made from all the mugs they'll have with 'it's all cocks in the end' printed on them.

It's been a hack job of character assassination, pointless mean-spiritedness, moronic military strategy, plot armour, faux-nihilism, CG spectacle, direwolf abuse and shitty sex jokes since Season 5, guys. You've just all been in denial.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:45 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  That's a thing of beauty.  Oddly enough, I'm not someone who rates episodes.  I don't really 'get it.'  I do not have the urge to assign a score to things I watch, read, etc., especially things that air once a week or such.  So, while I don't participate in that, I am finding a bit of joy in observing the numbers come tumbling down, just like the Wall.....s!! 

I must say, I'm taking a bit of sadistic catharsis in watching the public finally come round to agreeing with me that this show is now shit. And even more looking forward to seeing D & D doing their moronic inside the episode spiel to 'explain' their dumbass decisions. It's good to be back on the forums after two or so years. And great to see you still ranting on, Fevre Dream.

Just now, House Cambodia said:

Have you read any of the last 86 pages of this thread?

I was more referring to the average public. The ranters and ravers here have been going strong for ages and I'm glad they have, but look at the IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes ratings for the recent GoT episodes. The public is finally on the R&R fora's side, and it's glorious.

Just now, Beardy the Wildling said:

I was more referring to the average public. The ranters and ravers here have been going strong for ages and I'm glad they have, but look at the IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes ratings for the recent GoT episodes. The public is finally on the R&R fora's side, and it's glorious.

Well indeed. It's just that you posted in the most inappropriate medium possible. These guys have been slamming the season relentlessly from the get-go.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Well indeed. It's just that you posted in the most inappropriate medium possible. These guys have been slamming the season relentlessly from the get-go.

Hey, I just want to have a little 'I told you so' rant, and this place is for ranting, even if it is preaching to the choir.

I kind of genuinely wish the next episodes are terrible and that everyone hates the ending. That would be satisfying after the constant praise of the last 4 seasons. D&D need a wake up call. The reason I wouldn't want it is because I would feel bad for Grrm if this whole thing goes out with a whimper (although that has already kind of happened).

Archived