Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

23 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

I kind of genuinely wish the next episodes are terrible and that everyone hates the ending. That would be satisfying after the constant praise of the last 4 seasons. D&D need a wake up call. The reason I wouldn't want it is because I would feel bad for Grrm if this whole thing goes out with a whimper (although that has already kind of happened).

That’s kind of inevitable at this point, isn’t it?

I mean, even if those who are still hoping for amazing twists/explanations/filling in the [millions of] blanks are correct and we do get  *something*, it will be yet another asspull coming out of nowhere because the first eps didn’t seed anything and were incredibly shite. Although I personally very much doubt we will get anything about anything, only more “shocking” twists and plot holes and illogical contrivances and character assassination. 

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I mean, even if those who are still hoping for amazing twists/explanations/filling in the [millions of] blanks are correct and we do get  *something*, it will be yet another asspull coming out of nowhere because the first eps didn’t seed anything and were incredibly shite. Although I personally very much doubt we will get anything about anything, only more “shocking” twists and plot holes and illogical contrivances and character assassination. 

I just hope that they don t make an end that I hate. They have fucked so many characters and made things so grim that if they also have the jon and danny have a bad ending I just don t see where is the sweetness of the story…

And I don t know about most people, but I hate HAATTEEE depressing tragedies!

29 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Absolutely.

2 hours ago, Lady Anna said:

I kind of genuinely wish the next episodes are terrible and that everyone hates the ending. That would be satisfying after the constant praise of the last 4 seasons. D&D need a wake up call. The reason I wouldn't want it is because I would feel bad for Grrm if this whole thing goes out with a whimper (although that has already kind of happened).

Same, absolutely the same. I'm going to feel so vindicated if the ending is anywhere near as moronic as the leaks claim it is. The First President of Westeros is Bran!

Well done, D & D, you subverted our expectations yet again by pulling a twist right out your asses! No-one saw it coming, but good lord is it shitty!*

*Most things that come out of asses are shitty.

2 hours ago, divica said:

I just hope that they don t make an end that I hate. They have fucked so many characters and made things so grim that if they also have the jon and danny have a bad ending I just don t see where is the sweetness of the story…

And I don t know about most people, but I hate HAATTEEE depressing tragedies!

I don't mind a tragedy, but I like to know when I'm starting.  This feels like a bait and switch, we were sold realism and bittersweet, but we're getting tragedy+nihilism instead.

18 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't mind a tragedy, but I like to know when I'm starting.  This feels like a bait and switch, we were sold realism and bittersweet, but we're getting tragedy+nihilism instead.

I mean, I'd say it's less nihilism and more D & D's own brand edgy teenage atheist nihilism. In the books, plenty of people think that life means nothing inherently, but fuck it, they'll keep going. Because that's the power of the human spirit. GRRM writes a grim world, but always reminds us that hope is a powerful force.

D & D's take on nihilism is 'HUMANITY IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. OH YOU LIKED THAT CHARACTER, WELL HAHA FUCK YOU THEY'RE DEAD! SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR HAVING INVESTMENT IN THE SHOW! ...oh wait, what's that? Yeah, the producers say we have to keep Jon Snow and Tyrion alive, they help sell shirts and mugs.'

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I also like to know when I am watching a tragedy so that I can avoid it… Or at the very least to have a diferent mindset when watching it...

24 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I mean, I'd say it's less nihilism and more D & D's own brand edgy teenage atheist nihilism.

Yep. I'll take nihilism, pessimism, sadness, bitterness etc. everyday if it's done with talent, savoir-faire/expertise, sincerity, depth, originality…

Who would have watched more than half of an episode of Season 1 if it had been written as Season 8 is written?

btw it's no longer "D&D", it's "DND", N for Nutter:

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/game-of-thrones-season-8-director-questions_n_5cd45cb5e4b0796a95d84ece?guccounter=1

11 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Yep. I'll take nihilism, pessimism, sadness, bitterness etc. everyday if it's done with talent, savoir-faire/expertise, sincerity, depth, originality…

Who would have watched more than half of an episode of Season 1 if it had been written as Season 8 is written?

btw it's no longer "D&D", it's "DND", N for Nutter:

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/game-of-thrones-season-8-director-questions_n_5cd45cb5e4b0796a95d84ece?guccounter=1

I love how the Euron thing boils down to, 'Uhhhh, the plot demanded that scene but we don't think about consequences-- uh, what I meant to say was, Euron is dumb and doesn't listen. He has an amazing dragon-killing aimbot and has figured out how to teleport fleets, but... uh, yeah, he's dumb. Not us. We're not dumb.'

1 minute ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I love how the Euron thing boils down to, 'Uhhhh, the plot demanded that scene but we don't think about consequences-- uh, what I meant to say was, Euron is dumb and doesn't listen. He has an amazing dragon-killing aimbot and has figured out how to teleport fleets, but... uh, yeah, he's dumb. Not us. We're not dumb.'

It's shocking how the showrunners and directors don't even bother to try and hide the plot mechanics anymore.  Dany forgot about the fleet.  Euron standing next to Cersei for inexplicable reasons, 'wasn't paying attention' to what her brother was saying.  It's truly laughable, and even more so that these guys think that 'forgettting' and 'not paying attention' are reasonable answers for the laziest plotting outside of a C-movie.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's shocking how the showrunners and directors don't even bother to try and hide the plot mechanics anymore.  Dany forgot about the fleet.  Euron standing next to Cersei for inexplicable reasons, 'wasn't paying attention' to what her brother was saying.  It's truly laughable, and even more so that these guys think that 'forgettting' and 'not paying attention' are reasonable answers for the laziest plotting outside of a C-movie.

Honestly, the character motivations of Jurassic Shark are more consistent and believable than half the infuriating bullshit they come out with.

11 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I must say, I'm taking a bit of sadistic catharsis in watching the public finally come round to agreeing with me that this show is now shit. And even more looking forward to seeing D & D doing their moronic inside the episode spiel to 'explain' their dumbass decisions. It's good to be back on the forums after two or so years. And great to see you still ranting on, Fevre Dream.

Great to see you, too, Beardy!!  It is nice to see the show finally getting the credit it deserves.  For a bit of fun, I recommend checking out Twitter every time the official GOT account tries to tweet something.  They are getting torn apart.  It's hilarious.  A week and 12 hours from now.......it'll be done.  I can't even imagine what a mess it's going to be.  What cracks me up is that I know the Ds Inside The Episodic Circle Jerk was filmed eons ago, so I can imagine they'll be there prattling off their 'oh so bored, thinking they are too cool for school nonsense' trying to act like they are deep, it means something, and people are still buying their nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Great to see you, too, Beardy!!  It is nice to see the show finally getting the credit it deserves.  For a bit of fun, I recommend checking out Twitter every time the official GOT account tries to tweet something.  They are getting torn apart.  It's hilarious.  A week and 12 hours from now.......it'll be done.  I can't even imagine what a mess it's going to be.  What cracks me up is that I know the Ds Inside The Episodic Circle Jerk was filmed eons ago, so I can imagine they'll be there prattling off their 'oh so bored, thinking they are too cool for school nonsense' trying to act like they are deep, it means something, and people are still buying their nonsense. 

I think the D&D behind the episode films are even worse than the actual episodes… How can people film themselves saying those things?

Ah, the show really has pissed away this bit of good karma they got in episode 2, didn't they?  They must have, as I had totally forgot about this bit of beautiful song.  Of course the continuing story just pissed on it anyway.  It is amazing that this show is so awful it can even make me forget one good little thing. 

ETA:  I'm not talking about the silly Arya shoutout in it.  Just the song and the chance for some kind of decency that might have been there at the end of episode 2.  That slim, slim, chance. 

2 minutes ago, divica said:

I think the D&D behind the episode films are even worse than the actual episodes… How can people film themselves saying those things?

I see this as a tactic they've used in the past which is now backfiring. Previously they've used these behind the episodes to explain the motivations of a character or the mechanics of a plot to excuse the absence of proper characterisation. But now that the plot is so shallow the explanations aren't fooling anyone anymore and make D&D look a bit ridiculous. 

>You have to ask 'what is this plot?'

>Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet

>Euron didn't really listen to Tyrion

4 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

I see this as a tactic they've used in the past which is now backfiring. Previously they've used these behind the episodes to explain the motivations of a character or the mechanics of a plot to excuse the absence of proper characterisation. But now that the plot is so shallow the explanations aren't fooling anyone anymore and make D&D look a bit ridiculous. 

>You have to ask 'what is this plot?'

>Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet

>Euron didn't really listen to Tyrion

I'm trying to imagine in what kind of strange, arrogant, emperor has no clothes bubble would forgot/not paying attention be  an explanation that is so good, it goes in the "Let us explain the Episode" segment?  That Benioff says that without blinking an eye, doesn't catch himself or go on to expound on that, it's unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

But now that the plot is so shallow the explanations aren't fooling anyone anymore and make D&D look a bit ridiculous. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we found out they're editing the 2 remaining "Behind the Episode" films… :P

26 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Great to see you, too, Beardy!!  It is nice to see the show finally getting the credit it deserves.  For a bit of fun, I recommend checking out Twitter every time the official GOT account tries to tweet something.  They are getting torn apart.  It's hilarious.  A week and 12 hours from now.......it'll be done.  I can't even imagine what a mess it's going to be.  What cracks me up is that I know the Ds Inside The Episodic Circle Jerk was filmed eons ago, so I can imagine they'll be there prattling off their 'oh so bored, thinking they are too cool for school nonsense' trying to act like they are deep, it means something, and people are still buying their nonsense

People's goodwill can't last forever. I'm gonna be writing a new snarky topic today, so look forward to it!

39 minutes ago, divica said:

The Inside the Episode videos act as the ultimate condemnation of the showrunners. Their own fucking words condemn them, because it unintentionally reveals their complete lack of self-awareness. They legitimately think they're deep and clever. It's like watching Wheatley from Portal 2 brag about reading Machiavelli, the hardest book.

Archived