Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 minute ago, Nowy Tends said:

Tell that to the show-only audience…  Reference or not it remains stupid…

I just meant to say that the stupidity of the show is again a result of the fact D&D just do the checklist of the events given by grrm ignoring the fact the context is important. 

The bells can happen also in the books and would mean something if Connington is involved however in the show it doesn't mean anything because Connington doesn't exist and Dany is never shown to be told about that battle. 

4 hours ago, joaozinm said:

That being said this was the episode i liked most this season. One thing that makes me like It even more If the fact that longtime show defenders are crying in despair.

I have become a terrible human being i guess.

I feel the exact same way lol

I imagine that D&D are going to get so much backlash for this. If only they hadn’t dedicated a ton of screen time to pointless filler instead of the development of important plots and characters, then maybe people wouldn’t be so angry when their fan favourites end up at these destinations (be it from GRRM’s plan or D&D own fanfiction).

Sigh. Whatever. Just one more episode, and we’re done with this farce.

18 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I didn't watch the episode, but wasn't it because everyone ignored the girl on a party last ep? Bitches go crazy for stuff like that!

Weird how D&D turn women into ruthless killing machines and pat themselves on the back for being 'woke' and 'progressive', when they can't commit to female characters that aren't sociopaths (Arya), idiots (Brienne) or catty, crazy bitches  (Daenerys, as of five minutes ago)

I focus my disappointment and dismay where it belongs.... on GRRM. D&D are Hollywood guys, it's all about shock and awe and they did their best to bring to a conclusion a bunch of seemingly unconnected storylines left hanging in the wind for over 7 years with limited guidance from the author. Saint George needed to focus his ass on finishing his 'masterpiece' instead of campaigning for Hillary, blogging about football, writing other side novels and the mountain of bullshit excuses he's had for not finishing the last 2 books. Winds was scheduled to come out, what, 3 years ago? Part of me thinks he had no plan to tie the story together and wanted to leave us hanging in the wind for fear his 'epic' work would be judged as lacking. His last 2 books were the worst of the series with A Feast for Crows being virtually unreadable and full of seemingly unconnected story lines that don't advance the story at all. 

I did enjoy the imagery and special effects this season, it was one thing they didn't screw up with the exception of the Winterfell black out. That being said we've arrived after 20 years to what appears to be a pointless ending, but at least it's an ending which will never actually get from GRRM.

Just a note of comfort to those who are waiting for the books... this is after the Santa Fe summit (where GRRM told them what he intended):

"In a convention panel this year, George said on the record that he had no idea what they were doing with Sansa or where they’re taking her storyline, which now makes sense perhaps. He was not pleased when he was talking about it, so who knows what’s going to happen with her! Knowing GRRM, that could mean they’re going off the canon reservation, and/or that they’re going to be making a lot of shit up."

https://starkalypse.com/post/87703459951/might-be-useful-to-keep-in-mind

Here's some more, the book story he's writing for Sansa is different:

Q - Sansa’s story, in particular, has really deviated from the books.

GRRM - Well, yeah — of course you have an emotional reaction. I mean, would I prefer they do it exactly the way I did it? Sure. But I’ve been on the other side of it, too. I’ve adapted work by other people, and I didn’t do it exactly the way they did it, so ….

Some of the deviation, of course, is because I’ve been so slow with these books. I really should’ve finished this thing four years ago — and if I had, maybe it would be telling a different story here.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/george-r-r-martin-on-the-stark-sisters-and-ending-game-of-thrones-813890/

7 hours ago, joaozinm said:

That being said this was the episode i liked most this season. One thing that makes me like It even more If the fact that longtime show defenders are crying in despair.

I have become a terrible human being i guess

If that makes you terrible, I've been a terrible person since Season 5. Each and every time a show apologist's latest shitty honeypot has been explained away by obvious bad writing as the actual answer, I've worn a smug, vindicated smile. I want to see everyone lose faith in this shitshow and watch Dumb & Dumber's careers implode.

33 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I focus my disappointment and dismay where it belongs.... on GRRM. D&D are Hollywood guys, it's all about shock and awe and they did their best to bring to a conclusion a bunch of seemingly unconnected storylines left hanging in the wind for over 7 years with limited guidance from the author.

So a man working alone on two gigantic tomes should be expected to deliver stellar material in a timely fashion, but the two main writers of the show, who are also the producers and can easily hire even more writers on their team to come up with ideas and share the workload... somehow aren't responsible if they can't turn out good material?

Newsflash: there are excellent shows out there that write their own scripts from scratch. If they can be held responsible for that, so can D&D. George has the perfectly valid excuse that writing a novel is not a team effort. He doesn't get to delegate.

18 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

So a man working alone on two gigantic tomes should be expected to deliver stellar material in a timely fashion, but the two main writers of the show, who are also the producers and can easily hire even more writers on their team to come up with ideas and share the workload... somehow aren't responsible if they can't turn out good material?

Newsflash: there are excellent shows out there that write their own scripts from scratch. If they can be held responsible for that, so can D&D. George has the perfectly valid excuse that writing a novel is not a team effort. He doesn't get to delegate.

Thank you. While GRRM is a slow sonofabitch, he isn't mind numbingly shit. This isn't just regular Hollywood grade incompetence, this is farcical levels of idiocy. Rejection of basic logic, characterisation and themes for SUBVERTED EXPECTATIONS.

This is the kind of shit I wouldn't expect of one author that dares call himself a professional, let alone a team of cynical assholes given a monopoly money budget.

3 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Cleganebowl was ridiculous.

Remember the fight between Beric Dondarrion and Sandor in the Brotherwood's cave? THAT was a fight with tension, fear, rage…

Honestly, that Beric and The Hound fight was so much better.  The only good thing about this was Sandor took out the Black Guard right quick, while the Mountainous Corpse took out Qyburn lickedy split, LOL  After that it was meh and grasping with the eye gouge move.  The only impressive thing about it was Sandor doing the tackle out the window and down into the sea of flames.  Then again, any appreciation for that scene could be because it brought the CleganeLull to an end.  That mess was just a fart in our general direction. 

5 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Logic, in our game of thrones? Stop thinking in your narrow minded paradigm of eighth grade book reports!

Hey, I'm not narrow minded. I think that is something that I certainly would not have as a writer. Well,,no one would. No one...?

2 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I can't help but think Christopher Walker would have been dead a thousand times over in Weisseroff.

Walken: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Daenerys: (screams in mad queen)

Leave my perfect actor and dancer alone.  LOL

27 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Thank you. While GRRM is a slow sonofabitch, he isn't mind numbingly shit. This isn't just regular Hollywood grade incompetence, this is farcical levels of idiocy. Rejection of basic logic, characterisation and themes for SUBVERTED EXPECTATIONS.

This is the kind of shit I wouldn't expect of one author that dares call himself a professional, let alone a team of cynical assholes given a monopoly money budget.

28 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

A Feast for Crows was mind-numbingly shit... sorry it was... I finished that book with the sense that 'oh well there's a month of my life I'll never get back.'

I'm not defending D&D, they suck and I agree for the budget they could have done much better, but they are trying to piece together someone else's story while that someone else is off doing other things. Hell he's even writing other books and will NEVER finish the source material because people just might find it to be mind-numbingly shit and instead it puts him in an untouchable place because 'D&D were so bad, I can't believe GRRM would have done it that way' because we never get to ACTUALLY know how GRRM wrote it.

And I'm sorry, he's a novelist thats his ENTIRE job at this point of his life. It's not like he writes on the side when he's not doing brain surgery. He has time to write other books, why can't it be reasonably expected to at least finish Winds of Winter by now?

Archived