Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Can someone explain to me how on earth no one else died screaming when Drogon roasted Varys? They should have all died, Dany included. 

Nope, can't explain it.  Laughed when I saw that Drogon has pin-point accuracy.

9 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Yes, it’s amazing! The accuracy, the fact that they weren’t engulfed by the flames! :bang:

I tried watching again after falling asleep the first time, and I caught a bit more the second time but fell asleep again. :dunno:

21 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Can someone explain to me how on earth no one else died screaming when Drogon roasted Varys? They should have all died, Dany included. 

15 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

I do remember thinking.........that is some pin point precision work. 

And, for not the first time, I also noticed these pinpoint Drogon executions actually seem so fast that it's not the horror that Mel and Stannis type burnings were.  I mean, Drogon incinerates people into nothingness within a second or two when it's done in this method. 

I thought the same with Drogon!

But for some reason, it's just something I don't really care about at this point. I care about Jaime who became Larry -10.0  and the other stupid things.

Oh the inside the episode, they say how epic they wanted Cleganebowl to be xD with fireworks and stuff

28 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

A Feast for Crows was mind-numbingly shit... sorry it was... I finished that book with the sense that 'oh well there's a month of my life I'll never get back.'

Boring it may have been, but not internally inconsistent, or having character motivations flipped upside down. As I said, GRRM ain't perfect, and he has taken the piss with TWOW, however, not once has he failed at basic logic.

He's certainly fucked up a few things, made questionable decisions. He hasn't, however, pulled the equivalent of turning all the characters into snowmen of George Takei because LE UNEXPECTED.

So let's recap this real quick :

- Fuck Jaime (what's a character arc ?)

- Fuck Dany (but George told us she went cray cray, who cares about the how, *ding dong*)

- Fuck Cersei (woobie Tiger Mom ftw)

- Fuck  Jon (the most expensive extra ever)

- Fuck Tyrion (village idiot)

- Fuck Varys (idek)

- Fuck Brienne (your reputation is tarnished and no one will ever love you !!)

- Fuck Arya (as useless as nipples on a breastplate)

Whom else did D&D shit over ? The list is getting too damn long.

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I thought the same with Drogon!

But for some reason, it's just something I don't really care about at this point. I care about Jaime who became Larry -10.0  and the other stupid things.

Oh the inside the episode, they say how epic they wanted Cleganebowl to be xD with fireworks and stuff

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I miss Larry. Larry made more sense to me. He was not as stupid

Nik was just too perfect as Jaime, wasn't he.  I can almost fanwank that he went back to kill her.  Hell, he looked like he was gonna try and break her neck for a minute there with his one good hand, LOL, but why bother, they were going to die anyway.  Jaime and Cersei ending is one thing I can certainly tell myself is not book intention accurate. 

4 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

So let's recap this real quick :

- Fuck Jaime (what's a character arc ?)

- Fuck Dany (but George told us she went cray cray, who cares about the how, *ding dong*)

- Fuck Cersei (woobie Tiger Mom ftw)

- Fuck  Jon (the most expensive extra ever)

- Fuck Tyrion (village idiot)

- Fuck Varys (idek)

- Fuck Brienne (your reputation is tarnished and no one will ever love you !!)

- Fuck Arya (as useless as nipples on a breastplate)

Spot on.

4 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Whom else did D&D shit over ? The list is getting too damn long.

The audience? Martin? Everyone who isn’t them? 

19 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Nik was just too perfect as Jaime, wasn't he.  I can almost fanwank that he went back to kill her.  Hell, he looked like he was gonna try and break her neck for a minute there with his one good hand, LOL, but why bother, they were going to die anyway.  Jaime and Cersei ending is one thing I can certainly tell myself is not book intention accurate. 

Yeah, I think that was part of Nik's improvisation! 

Can anyone give a reason why Jon keeps saying he loves Dany but then broke up with her minutes before the big invasion?

Did he think that would help anyone?

Could he have be more useless in this series?

How did D&D manage to completely destroy the 2 lead roles so quickly? It took like 2 decades to build them up and D&D brought them all the way down in 2 weeks? I wish I had never watched this show.

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Just a note of comfort to those who are waiting for the books... this is after the Santa Fe summit (where GRRM told them what he intended):

"In a convention panel this year, George said on the record that he had no idea what they were doing with Sansa or where they’re taking her storyline, which now makes sense perhaps. He was not pleased when he was talking about it, so who knows what’s going to happen with her! Knowing GRRM, that could mean they’re going off the canon reservation, and/or that they’re going to be making a lot of shit up."

https://starkalypse.com/post/87703459951/might-be-useful-to-keep-in-mind

Shit yeah they're making up shit! If anyone doubted that before, they are surely clued in now.

When GRRM said the show would hit the same 'high notes' as the books, what he really meant was the really, really, super-duper high notes, like 'Dany attacks Kings Landing'. I seriously doubt GRRM's Dany goes all crazy ex-girlfriend with a high-powered dragon.

9 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Can anyone give a reason why Jon keeps saying he loves Dany but then broke up with her minutes before the big invasion?

Could have be more useless in this series?

How did D&D manage to completely destroy the 2 lead roles so quickly? It took like 2 decades to build them up and D&D brought them all the way down in 2 weeks? I wish I had never watched this show.

Yeah, Jon Snow is totally destroyed as a character on the show, can't even control his own men, hasn't made a smart move in years, which, in hindsight with Dany going full 'daughter of death' 'queen of the ashes' turning him into a dumb dude who never has any good  ideas and robbing him of his win over the WW was a poor choice, because as you say, both major leads are now no one you want to root for.  

All hail Queen Arya, first of her name.

14 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Could have be more useless in this series?

I was thinking the exact same thing, it’s all nuts and lazy and dumb. I truly regret coming back to this shitfest after not watching s 6&7. 

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Could he have be more useless in this series?

They destroyed two of my favs last night too (Sandor reduced to suicide by zombie, and Jaime reduced to CAROL). But let's remember they are not the real characters!

I just listened but found myself thinking once again, if only they were nice to Dany, none of this would have happened. Also if Arya Ninja Turtle had just taken out Cersei.

Think of a different story... where Dany is this exotic, interesting, cool person who arrives and has all her life just wanted to be queen for all the right reasons.

And she arrives and instead of everyone bizarrely hating her guts out of the blue... they were like wow, let's get to know her! Maybe she'll give us a ride on her dragon!

Archived