Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

18 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Yeah, I think "cares" can be construed a few different ways in the question. I think, why has no one asked or is interested to hear about his death? He's kind of been an important person throughout Westeros to where everyone knew who he was. Yet, no one asks anything? Of course, some of these people are the same ones who have not asked about Rickon despite being related to him or asking about Walder Frey and his entire family. Jaime marched through the Twins twice. Jon and his army marched through on down towards King's Landing. No one seemed curious why all the Freys were dead?

Once someone dies in GoT the mere memory of them disappears from all who ever met them, unless the plot demands a reference to something they did.

Anyone else think we will have a TON of unresolved/unresolvable character arcs?

We've already seen the death of characters with unresolved or outright destroyed arcs.  Now we have Bran who spent entire seasons learning to become the meme machine Branbot for no discernible reason whatsoever.  We have Jon who was brought back to life so he could sulk and brood his way through the next few seasons doing nothing and knowing even less.  Arya's overall arc to complete her list is now completely destroyed just so the Ds could have a POV perspective on the dying/frying city.  Sansa went through hell so she could learn how to snark and bitchface at anyone else with any power.  Tyrion devolved from one of the more intelligent characters with true justified hatred for his sister to a bumbling buffoon that would do anything to help her out.  Sam's slow development from barely holding it together to being a nearly unstoppable force has reverted to pure stupid cowardice, though at least at one point he handed his family sword off to somebody that was gonna die for no reason.  Danny's breaking the wheel by becoming the wheel, and while that was always a possibility, it was done in the absolute dumbest way possible.  Bronn's still waiting for a reward for doing nothing, just like he has been for *CHECKS WRIST* four seasons now?  Davos is herp derping his way around essentially saying over and over to himself, "Why do I keep hanging out with these fuckin' losers?"  Brienne's entire existence turned into a pump and dump for the Lannister twincest stupidfest that also ended Jamie's character arc in the dumbest way imaginable.  I feel like I could go on and on and on here.

I wish that SOME of these character arcs would get resolved in some fashion other than, "HAHA FOOLED YOU STUPID FUCK!"  But have little hope of it.

Ser Pounce should climb on Drogon and ride off into the sunset with his middle claws straight up in the air.  They're the only two characters left on the show that don't make me wanna see them die horribly.

Checking the SSM's for something totally unrelated to this comment, but it made me laugh so hard I had to share it here. LOTS of other good details in this SSM as well :thumbsup::

Q: I hope Cersei will not became a "saint".

GRRM: Small chance of that.

https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Category/C91/P60

55 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Once someone dies in GoT the mere memory of them disappears from all who ever met them, unless the plot demands a reference to something they did.

Anyone else think we will have a TON of unresolved/unresolvable character arcs?

Absolutely. I see people asking how will they resolve Essos and the Faceless Men and The Night's Watch and Ghost, etc. These people are also insane.

They will barely resolve 2nd stringers' storylines (likely with one or two sentences) let alone red shirt bench warmers.

2 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I would sign this iif they made it season 5-8.

I signed it, for what it's worth… We all know that a redo is impossible but at least we can send a message to Dumb & Dumber and HBO…

39 minutes ago, divica said:

Found this on reddit.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

I would really like for this to get a shameful high number of signatures. It would be the ending GOT deserves.

I'll sign for the simple fact that enough signatures will at least get some notice somewhere, even if it won't accomplish anything real.  It's telling they're already approaching 50,000 sigs.

I'm seriously considering drafting a real letter to HBO once this season ends detailing legitimate grievances in polite but firm terms with what has happened to this show.  It's a truly horrible ending to something that, at one time, had little competition in quality on television.  It was never perfect, but to fall as far as it has is so far beyond anything I thought could have happened it's left me a little shell-shocked.

4 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

I'll sign for the simple fact that enough signatures will at least get some notice somewhere, even if it won't accomplish anything real.  It's telling they're already approaching 50,000 sigs.

I'm seriously considering drafting a real letter to HBO once this season ends detailing legitimate grievances in polite but firm terms with what has happened to this show.  It's a truly horrible ending to something that, at one time, had little competition in quality on television.  It was never perfect, but to fall as far as it has is so far beyond anything I thought could have happened it's left me a little shell-shocked.

It's now over 50k, FWIW.

19 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

I signed it, for what it's worth… We all know that a redo is impossible but at least we can send a message to Dumb & Dumber and HBO…

10 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

To me the objective is really to send a mensage that the season was too bad and that D&D suck.

Nobody really expects that HBO can redoo season 8... At most they can give an alternate ending/season in another medium….

The important thing now is to spread it...

A petition to remake just season 8 comes off as complaining about not getting one's preferred ending. A petition about remaking 5-8 makes it just about the writing. 

1 hour ago, divica said:

Found this on reddit.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

I would really like for this to get a shameful high number of signatures. It would be the ending GOT deserves.

39 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

34 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

26 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

21 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

It's now over 50k, FWIW.

LOL  I can't get to it, it says having a server problem.  Did GOT and HBO really break Change.org?  That's fabulous. 

5 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I can't get to it, it says having a server problem.  Did GOT and HBO really break Change.org?  That's fabulous. 

LOL GOT always breaking the net...

By the way it is working for me...

1 hour ago, divica said:

Found this on reddit.

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Exactly!  This is great but...why only S8?!  They would have to back this train waaaaaayyyyyyyy up to get back to before it went off the rails.  But I'll still sign it just on principle.

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

That would be too difficult and unnecessary. As much as I dislike so many elements of the past 3 seasons, the issues with past seasons in no way prevented a decent ending with somewhat competent writing. I feel that a lot of people are giving the writers a bit of a free pass by effectively saying; "S8 is really flawed, but they wrote themselves into a corner with previous seasons, so they can't really do any better than this". They still had plenty of ability to finish the White Walker threat, resolve the conflict over the Iron Throne, and give individual characters decent endings, and they had 2 years to do it, but they didn't. They could have, if they had done it right and thought things through, made it all worthwhile and even redeemed the bad parts of the show, and they couldn't even give us that.

Case in point; I am personally of the belief that a Breaking bad Season 5, and honestly a decent chunk of the preceding seasons, was done kinda badly and was quite bland. However I think that the way they wrap things up in the last episode was really good and made the whole show feel worth it to me.

19 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

I Googled "pétition GoT" (with the “é” so I get results in French) and the Canadian HuffingtonPost is already reporting it…

they are over 75K. 

Lets see if within the next week it goes viral...

Archived