Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

I love how some people are trying to monetize the hell out of this. Posting 'X character sucks' videos to give the Dany lovers an outlet is damn smart (because money). Instead of them making videos about how the writing for Dany sucks lol. Which would probably be boring as it can be summed up with 'D&D suck'. I find the fandom meltdown entertaining. It will be even more entertaining after this Sunday. I have my popcorn ready...

3 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I'm not signing the petition because previous seasons have problems too.  It's not just the last one.

They sure do - but it at least makes a point to the money men of HBO.

I'm watching HULU's new series Catch-22. It shows the horrors and futility of war, with mad commanders. It's really well done. The difference is, it's based on a 20thC literary classic and produced by George Clooney.  It shows that the themes GoT is aiming for this season can be done well in the right hands.

Tbh, I couldn't keep up with the thread on its entirety, so not sure if anyone else got this pointless nit pick in already:

What's up with everyone sporting a Cersei haircut in KL now? :laugh: First her maid, now this lady who was trying to save Arya and in turn got Arya to successfully get her burned. Did D&D think we wouldn't care about her if she looked like a peasant from the Middle Ages? So give her a waist hugging dress out of star wars the force awakens and a Cersei cut :rofl:

14 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

I'm watching HULU's new series Catch-22. It shows the horrors and futility of war, with mad commanders. It's really well done. The difference is, it's based on a 20thC literary classic and produced by George Clooney.  It shows that the themes GoT is aiming for this season can be done well in the right hands.

David and Dan aren’t aiming at any themes. After all, themes are for 8th grade book reports.

I don't know D/D and don't want to sound too harsh about them. But considering that it's not just that they dislike Stannis or didn't get Jaime's character arc, but that they pretty much didn't get any of the characters and didn't get their caracter arcs either, that they seem to be unable to relate to most if not all characters, and that they only seem to enjoy the biggest psychos around, are on the record thinking Red Wedding was awesome and the main reason they did the series, and are the ones who pushed for ever more violence and graphic sex "because that's what people want to see", I'm now seriously wondering if the reason all this show has turned out so badly on so many levels isn't simply because, deep down, they're just horrible human beings that simply cannot get honour, virtue, redemption and only value the basest instincts, without a shred of empathy or sympathy. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and this is merely incompetence, though.

54 minutes ago, Wight nr 121 said:

The petition has now passed one million signatures B) Great!

Is it great though? If they remade it we'd have to sit through it all again. Once was bad enough.

I don't know what people think this will achieve. Give them another chance to screw it up in all new ways.

Well, no, they wouldn’t... the petition is to have a series 8 makeover, with different writers. Anyway, it won’t ever happen. But I don’t think people are actually expecting that to happen, even if it reached 10 times that number of signatures. But it is a good way of expressing your displeasure and total disdain for this pathetically stupid final season. Sure, HBO probably won’t give two fucks about it. They’d maybe care if millions of people actually cancelled their subscriptions, and realistically, that’s very unlikely. Still, having 1,000,000+ people sign something like this could give the issue more visibility than it would otherwise get. 

Jessica Chastain on The Last of the Starks:

Rape is not a tool to make a character stronger. A woman doesn’t need to be victimized in order to become a butterfly. The #littlebird was always a Phoenix. Her prevailing strength is solely because of her. And her alone.#GameOfThronespic.twitter.com/TVIyt8LYxI

— Jessica Chastain (@jes_chastain) May 7, 2019

So I assume that tonight we will see Daenerys with short, cut hair (no braids)?
The show omitted the Dothraki bells, and Dany never had a crown from Qarth, and her show hairbraids became ever more intricate... so I predict NOW that show will actually use some book lore to retcon character details that should have been there all along?

To be clear, I am not saying what they did to Dany was right and the books are handling things rather differently, I am just going to laugh me ass off if NOW they decide to add book lore to the story. All these details that hardcore showpoligists swore meant nothing and that is why the show left them out.

And what made me think of this is remembering Emilia bleaching her hair blonde in real life a while back. Something she said she hated doing because it killed her hair.

I have never ranted before because I never really watched the show. I have seen the recent t episode and I am shocked the show would do Dany bad. This isn't the books where she is practicing at being a good leader. It is so obvious the she and Jon are both going to restore the Targaryen dynasty and rule wisely. This show is made up nonsense and it makes me very angry to see them make Danaerys burn everything. That's not who she is. She might get angry with someone in the next book but she is not going to burn anything like this. She will end up being the wise queen. 

Archived