Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

So, the internet spiders ate the content and the curiosity is killing me :drool:

Thread was locked because it was quickly turning into an unashamed bashing of David and Dan. :D

Last few posts were deleted...

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Thread was locked because it was quickly turning into an unashamed bashing of David and Dan. :D

Last few posts were deleted...

Well, it shall be remembered fondly :devil:

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

If the spineless “can’t deal w/ criticism” attitude holds, EWwwww will be the only one talking to them short term. After all, they still refuse to answer any questions about their stupid AF Sansa Poole idea...

Mass Effet 3 shitstorm? Oh, it's just entitled gamers.

The Last Jedi shitstorm? Oh, it's just entitled elder fans.

GOT Season 8 shitstorm? Oh, it's just entitled book fans.

That has been the standard shitty deflective tactic used for years, no reason they're going to stop, as long as there are tools in the media to actually report such idiotic defenses. At this point, I'm just wondering when we'll see the "Critics of Season 8 / of D-D are juste alt-right goons" line of arguing :p

90 mins of waiting... I have a bottle of tequila so I don’t really care. Then 90 mins of stupid AF whatever David and Dan throw at us. Then... IT’S ALL OVER, FOREVER. :D

I think I’m gonna bail... blame it on work being really hard, or on im really tired, or the spouse being so dead set on whatever Scottish stand up he’s listening to, or on David and Dan not being worth it. But even w/o watching I am dead certain it will SUCK. Very hard. 

And cant wait to read everyone’s thoughts on it to tomorrow morning. The new R&R thread for the episode might be 100 pages long before I even see it. :lol:

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

90 mins of waiting... I have a bottle of tequila so I don’t really care. Then 90 mins of stupid AF whatever David and Dan throw at us. Then... IT’S ALL OVER, FOREVER. :D

you have to be kind of sad.

It is the end of an era both for tv, this site and book fans.

After today everyone will have a canon end to asoiaf… if the prequels don t go ahead this site will slowly die, I suspect many book fans will be done with the saga...

7 minutes ago, divica said:

you have to be kind of sad.

It is the end of an era both for tv, this site and book fans.

After today everyone will have a canon end to asoiaf… if the prequels don t go ahead this site will slowly die, I suspect many book fans will be done with the saga...

I’m not. Maybe I’m a heartless cold bitch, but I’m not sad at all. 

Quote the opposite, In fact. I’m happy this charade is going to be over soon. 

10 minutes ago, divica said:

I disagree. I've lurked and posted under a different handle here for a while. Definitely not winning any awards for participation, but I really enjoy the fellowship and community here. It, frankly, represents perhaps the most knowledgeable fan group I've ever seen.

We're droll pedants ultimately. There will always be posts when everybody is a pedant.

Just now, Demetri said:

I disagree. I've lurked and posted under a different handle here for a while. Definitely not winning any awards for participation, but I really enjoy the fellowship and community here. It, frankly, represents perhaps the most knowledgeable fan group I've ever seen.

We're droll pedants ultimately. There will always be posts when everybody is a pedant.

But there aren t really many topics here to post about after the end of GOT and grrm not publishing a new book… Most people will stop coming here...

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

I’m not. Maybe I’m a heartless cold bitch, but I’m not sad at all. 

Quote the opposite, In fact. I’m happy this charade is going to be over soon. 

After this season I am kind of relieved it is finally over. It were really a lot of awful episodes… But I am also sad… The hype people have with GOT dies today… No more theories, reddit, fanfiction or whatever...

8 minutes ago, divica said:

But there aren t really many topics here to post about after the end of GOT and grrm not publishing a new book… Most people will stop coming here...

After this season I am kind of relieved it is finally over. It were really a lot of awful episodes… But I am also sad… The hype people have with GOT dies today… No more theories, reddit, fanfiction or whatever...

All the hype the show got was undeserved. So, good riddance. 

True.

I'm still not watching but gleeefully looking forward to fan reactions.

Meanwhile, I have a question for the native speaking folks. Don't judge me, but it's driving me nuts: Shouldn't it be "(as) cool as a cucumber"?

1 minute ago, Mindwalker said:

True.

I'm still not watching but gleeefully looking forward to fan reactions.

Meanwhile, I have a question for the native speaking folks. Don't judge me, but it's driving me nuts: Shouldn't it be "(as) cool as a cucumber"?

Haha! That line was taken from a page from the notes in the scripts, as were the other phrases. But yes, I agree :)

Thank you! Doesn't reflect well on them if their English is even worse than mine,LOL!

Ah, soon my watch will be ending... will end... It's going to end... Where's Stannis when you need him?!

ETA: I'll probably still visit the politics threads in the General section, but I'm going to miss the R & R. Damn, now I'm getting sentimental.

2 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Bittersheet

Suported.

I have no clue why several things happened….

Why did the unsulied not kill jon and tyrion instead of having them in jail? why didn t jon just ran away from KL? what was the point of burning the IT?

If jon is sentenced to the NW why was he going with the wildlings at the end of the ep?

How can he ever forgive sansa? She fucked his life!

Bran saying that he already knew he would be king… not sounding completly evil… 

The entire point of r+l=j was to drive danny insane?

This was so depressing...

Archived