Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

4 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Sam is Archmaester?

didn’t he abandon his training and steal books? I dont understand

Who cares? The presence of Bron in this council is an insult to the intelligence of… everybody actually…

Listen, I couldn't finish it. I really tried and this has never happened to me with Game of Thrones, I have never skipped anything ever. I've watched every second before this. I didn't want to watch this episode in the first place and put myself through dreck. But I said to myself that this is the very last episode and it's been a very long time invested in this story since before the show. So I tried. I made it through Daenerys' quick death and Drogon's vengeance against the Iron Throne (LOL). 

But as soon as we did a hard SKIP from Jon murdering Daenerys to all of the nobles gathered for Tyrion's trial, with zero reactions or discussions, Bran even wheeled his way down from Winterfell, it's been who knows how long but we just SKIP. I started losing my interest drastically. And then there was nothing but speeches, terrible speeches saying dumb things (Edmure being dumb for fan service! Bran? Really?) and I found myself skipping a lot, just hitting at random spots ahead in the show. I saw Tyrion wearing a hand of the king (Bran? Really? I watched for this?) and telling Jon he has to go back to the Night's Watch because it's where we send the people we don't want and not for any nobler purpose SKIP. I don't know what else they said. Probably something stupid. I saw Jon and Sansa hugging as if she can't just see him anytime she wants at the Wall and SKIP. I saw Arya on a boat somewhere, guess the lone wolf is on her way again SKIP. I saw Greyworm staring at Jon but what are you gonna do Greyworm, literally and figuratively neutered? And then I saw what appeared to be the council meeting and Bron was there and SKIP. Oh my God they're still talking, no one wants to hear this crap, SKIP SKIP SKIP.

And then I turned it off. 

1 hour ago, divica said:

why would they wait weeks or months with jon and tyrion in prison intead of killing them?

Right, this is when the show finally, finally, finally FINALLY lost me. Why wouldn't Unsullied and Dothraki kill him immediately, he just murdered their Queen and there's nothing anyone could have done about it. Absolutely nothing. 

42 minutes ago, Trigger Warning said:

Presenting the elective monarchy, brought to you by the same system that created such classics as Euron Greyjoy. 

And why do they think the same squabbling nobles choosing from among them who will rule will be better? It sounds worse to me. Much worse. Because nobility is still chosen by lineage or conquest (or threats, Bronn), even if the king supposedly won't be. There will be even more wars when people don't get their way as they have no reason to keep respecting the arrangement.

38 minutes ago, divica said:

why don t the other kingdoms also want their Independence? why are they together?

I didn't watch that far, so the North is independent? Who decided, Bran? Truly impartial. Do the Iron Islands get to be independent? Dorne was already pretty independent, are they free now? So how does this choosing a king thing work if they're a bunch of independent kingdoms? Or is it just the North gets to be free after having done zip to earn it. Needing to be constantly rescued and freed by others. Hey, does the Vale get to be free? They did a lot of the heavy lifting.

1 minute ago, theladyinspring said:

I didn't watch that far, so the North is independent? Who decided, Bran? Truly impartial. Do the Iron Islands get to be independent? Dorne was already pretty independent, are they free now? So how does this choosing a king thing work if they're a bunch of independent kingdoms? Or is it just the North gets to be free after having done zip to earn it. Needing to be constantly rescued and freed by others. Hey, does the Vale get to be free? They did a lot of the heavy lifting.

only the north because sansa said so. She wanted to be queen and the north couldn t bend the knee to bran…

however everione else acepted a stark as king except the north… that had to chose another stark...

1 minute ago, divica said:

only the north because sansa said so. She wanted to be queen and the north couldn t bend the knee to bran…

however everione else acepted a stark as king except the north… that had to chose another stark...

So I guess the show really was just The Fall and Rise of The Starks. Everyone else just pawns in the game. I can't believe I hate the Starks having a happy ending because that is never how I felt reading the books BUT I HATE THIS.

1 hour ago, divica said:

That is the problem! Unless grrm has at least 1 of the main characters in winds act so that this ending is impossible in the books I don t see who would care...

Bran will be welded to the tree in TWoW. He already has the weirwood in his body.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Bran will be welded to the tree in TWoW. He already has the weirwood in his body.

IMO Bran would have become the KitN

At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life. Wisps of smoke still rose into the grey sky, but no more than might have risen from Winterfell's chimneys on a cold autumn afternoon. Soot stains marked some of the arrow loops, and here and there a crack or a missing merlon could be seen in the curtain wall, but it seemed little enough from this distance. Beyond, the tops of the keeps and towers still stood as they had for hundreds of years, and it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all. The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.

9 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

So, the internet spiders ate the content and the curiosity is killing me :drool:

Oh, it was some obsequious ass kissing of D&D by a 'fan' replying to an ancient thread that D&D started in 2008. He complimented then on daring to give a fantasy epic an ending that's not happy or something to that effect. 

I can't take the Dany stuff seriously. It reeks of B&W authorial favouritism and hypocrisy. These being the guys who framed Arya exterminating House Frey and feeding Walder's sons to him in a pie as 'heroic' and 'triumphant' and with no repercussions what so ever. Same with Sansa feeding Ramsay to his dogs. Or Jon hanging Olly. We're meant to cheer this stuff, revel in it as 'just deserts' and it has no lasting impact on any of those characters. But now Dany is too far? What?

I like how Dany, much like Hotah, is slayed by a single stab wound, relatively quickly. But Arya gets multiple stomach wounds, falls into a dirty river, and is healed on the morrow. Heck, this is after Dany herself has fallen off Drogon, onto hard winter ground, without a bruise. 

1 hour ago, Ser Drewy said:

I can't take the Dany stuff seriously. It reeks of B&W authorial favouritism and hypocrisy. These being the guys who framed Arya exterminating House Frey and feeding Walder's sons to him in a pie as 'heroic' and 'triumphant' and with no repercussions what so ever. Same with Sansa feeding Ramsay to his dogs. Or Jon hanging Olly. We're meant to cheer this stuff, revel in it as 'just deserts' and it has no lasting impact on any of those characters. But now Dany is too far? What?

Dany simply fell victim to the showrunners' malice.

It's extremely cynical to make millions out of marketing her as a great heroine, before doing a complete reverse ferret at the end and having her dying disgraced and unmourned.  Her behaviour, while sometimes cruel and brutal, was consistent with the world that the show runners had created, a world where honour gets you killed, and where feeding people their children or hanging children is badass. Then suddenly she has to be treacherously killed for the greater good.

And this to benefit a man with all the charisma of a weirwood tree who was setting her up to be killed from the outset.

Archived