Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

OK, this thread is probably the best place to get this rant off my chest!  So, here goes: I have been seeing around the web lately where those who criticize the GOT ending are described as doing it because they didn't get the ending they wanted.  Well, I'm sure there are some motivated by that.  BUT...I think there are many like-minded souls with me who would say, no, my criticism of the ending isn't because it didn't end how I wanted!  My extreme disappointment with it (and the entire show) is because I WANTED A STORY AND ENDING THAT MAKES SENSE!!!  Arghhh!!!:bang: 

So, all you quite possibly deliberately disingenuous media types out there, please engage with what's actually being said instead of what you probably want it to be.  That too easily lets the showrunners, etc. off the hook for producing such slick, glossy dreck.   

Whew!  Thanks, I needed that;)

11 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

I have my doubts that George would let a ghostwriter come on board.  Doesn't sound like his style at all.

Agreed.

39 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Who says it?  It's about time, I guess, but would still be surprising if true.

Is it?

Given his age it makes sense he needs help to remember all the details, characters and plots of his massive books. 

The real question is how involved this suposed person is with his writting...

6 minutes ago, divica said:

Is it?

Given his age it makes sense he needs help to remember all the details, characters and plots of his massive books. 

The real question is how involved this suposed person is with his writting...

My mum is 3 yrs older than Martin and her memory is unbelievable, and soooo much better than mine. 

Just now, Prince of the North said:

Hey!  Speaking of this...where's Ran?!;)

If I remember right they already helped grrm with awoiaf… have no idea if were involved in fire and blood...

But I would bet good Money that someone helps grrm remember the names he uses for unimportant secondary characters when he is writing.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

My mum is 3 yrs older than Martin and her memory is unbelievable, and soooo much better than mine. 

Do you think grrrm knowns the names of all NW brothers and wildlings? how he described phisically each of them? And then apply this for all other places…

If I am not wrong he already made mistakes with the description of robb's widow and he admited it...

And don t get me started on how he explained why joff was the one that payed someone to kill bran...

10 minutes ago, divica said:

Do you think grrrm knowns the names of all NW brothers and wildlings? how he described phisically each of them? And then apply this for all other places…

If I am not wrong he already made mistakes with the description of robb's widow and he admited it...

And don t get me started on how he explained why joff was the one that payed someone to kill bran...

People take notes, use boards, etc etc etc. No one should be expected to remember all this stuff, not even the author. Because it’s silly and useless, since notes and boards and such. And Martin already said AGES ago that when he doesn’t remember something, he asks Elio & Linda. 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

People take notes, use boards, etc etc etc. No one should be expected to remember all this stuff, not even the author. Because it’s silly and useless, since notes and boards and such. And Martin already said AGES ago that when he doesn’t remember something, he asks Elio & Linda. 

I am just saying that it isn t strange that he now has someone that keeps track of all these things for him and makes sure there aren t mistakes. Wether people think that the person doing this is a ghost writer or just a special minion is the important thing. 

If he really plans to end the series with 7 books I don t think it makes sense to hire a ghost writer now...

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

OK, this thread is probably the best place to get this rant off my chest!  So, here goes: I have been seeing around the web lately where those who criticize the GOT ending are described as doing it because they didn't get the ending they wanted.  Well, I'm sure there are some motivated by that.  BUT...I think there are many like-minded souls with me who would say, no, my criticism of the ending isn't because it didn't end how I wanted!  My extreme disappointment with it (and the entire show) is because I WANTED A STORY AND ENDING THAT MAKES SENSE!!!  Arghhh!!!:bang: 

So, all you quite possibly deliberately disingenuous media types out there, please engage with what's actually being said instead of what you probably want it to be.  That too easily lets the showrunners, etc. off the hook for producing such slick, glossy dreck.   

Whew!  Thanks, I needed that;)

Agreed.

I think the idea is to make it seem as though everyone thought that everything was great until Daenerys's heel turn and the underwhelming finale. Obviously, that couldn't be further from the truth, as the show was in decline long before these last few straws.

On 5/21/2019 at 1:12 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL 

Was making Bran look like a darker version of Cersei (!!!) intentional.

Because, outside of the metal shoulder pads, he looks just like her.

On 5/21/2019 at 1:33 PM, divica said:

She wishes danny was like alexander the great. Didn t he build cities and improved the life of the people he conquered? Danny burned everyone alive after they surrender…

Dany is supposed to be a subversion of Alexander the Great and the male fantasy/action hero archetype.

11 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Everyone really.  Jon, Tyrion, Ellaria, Bran, Brienne etc.

A better question is "which characters weren't destroyed."

I can only think of Ned, Tywin, Catelyn and Robb and that's pushing it. Because, at the end, Robb did worse in the show than he did in the books. And Catelyn...the less that is said the better.

21 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Was making Bran look like a darker version of Cersei (!!!) intentional.

Because, outside of the metal shoulder pads, he looks just like her.

Dany is supposed to be a subversion of Alexander the Great and the male fantasy/action hero archetype.

Up till the point that she went batshit in Ep. 5, Dany had always shown considerably greater restraint than Alexander, but, yes, I think the parallel is clear.

Jorah was suppose to betray Dany too according to the deleted scenes and alternate ending that they ultimately rejected. He apparently was supporting Varys, Tyrion, and Jon. He would be taking the Black with Jon and seen with him on a ranger mission in that last scene.  EMergency Awesome has a video with the deleted scenes on YouTube.   Link: 

4 hours ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

Jorah was suppose to betray Dany too according to the deleted scenes and alternate ending that they ultimately rejected. He apparently was supporting Varys, Tyrion, and Jon. He would be taking the Black with Jon and seen with him on a ranger mission in that last scene.  EMergency Awesome has a video with the deleted scenes on YouTube.   Link: 

So they confirmed, off-screen of course, that Jon stays in the NW and ranges the far north so he's neither LC nor King Beyond the Wall.

I'm guessing that this was his source but it doesn't seem to cover everything. 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/23/game-of-thrones-character-survive/

Archived