Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

6 hours ago, alienarea said:

Can we please have an epilogue where Yara (Asha) sails to Mereen and spills the beans? And then Daario sails West with the Second Sons to avenge Daenerys. He starts by conquering Winterfell and selling Sansa as a slave. And burns down the weirwood so Bran watching Netflix is trapped ...

Gotta cover the source of the whole thing, too.

Idiot Jon told Dany who had "the throne is mine" on repeat that he had a better claim and it didn't occur to him at all this was a BIG. DEAL. even after knowing this secret was so big that:

• Ned sacrificed his relationship with Cat
  • Ned sacrificed his honor in front of all Westeros
  • Jon was raised with a bastard's stigma
  • Ned got his head cut off for heir problems...
  • ...which dominoed to Robb and Cat being murdered. 
  • Jon told Sansa when "don't tell Sansa" is a thing going back to season 1
  • Jon told Sansa after Dany said not to
  • Jon told Sansa after she got weird with her promise.

:dunce:

3 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Why did all the other lords agree to have a Stark king of the 6 kingdoms and a Stark queen of an independent Northern kingdom?

It was a total Stark power grab, and no one objected.

They were arranging how kings would be chosen in the future, not just this time. Bran can't have kids and his heir won't be a Stark. I'd guess it'd be the next 3ER. So after Bran, the North would be right back where it started and ruled from the South. Just how it shook out this time. 

With North being separate, a Stark from the North wouldn't eligible next time. Probably shouldn't have been this time either, but Bran isn't Bran anymore or whatever. 

3 hours ago, divica said:

That is so confusing… Like the objective of the NW now is to help the wildlings? They bring shit from the north and sell it to the wildlings and vice versa? So jon can t have a familly? Tormund has lived in the true north his whole life and doesn t know it? He is going to explore it now?

I'm really confused too.Tyrion made him swear to not marry or have kids as part of the agreement. But who'll tell if Jon breaks it? On the maps, there's a huge unexplored space, but no one said why it was unexplored because that's more than a bit odd after several thousand years to get around to it. Maybe it's Other territory or something? 

This whole show stinks.

Because now that I think about it, season 5's storylines with Sansa, Stannis, all of Dorne are complete garbage....WHEN THERE WAS NO REASON FOR THEM TO BE

There was still plenty of material to adapt. Even the storylines with Jon and Arya were horribly underdeveloped. 

51 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I'm really confused too.Tyrion made him swear to not marry or have kids as part of the agreement. But who'll tell if Jon breaks it? On the maps, there's a huge unexplored space, but no one said why it was unexplored because that's more than a bit odd after several thousand years to get around to it. Maybe it's Other territory or something? 

Nothing confusing there. Firstly,  Jon is a man of his word - honest to a fault. That's been one of the major issues of the whole series.

Secondly, there were many extremely hostile tribes and species beyond the Wall - in the seep north were the cannibalistic Thenns, giants, ice spiders and all sorts that would make huge areas off limits to wildlings and other humans. Presumably, they're all dead although you never know when populations like the Unsullied just magically surge from nowhere. The lands beyond the Wall are the size of Europe - why would one person like Tormund 'know' a whole continent?

1 hour ago, Lollygag said:

Gotta cover the source of the whole thing, too.

Idiot Jon told Dany who had "the throne is mine" on repeat that he had a better claim and it didn't occur to him at all this was a BIG. DEAL. even after knowing this secret was so big that:

• Ned sacrificed his relationship with Cat
  • Ned sacrificed his honor in front of all Westeros
  • Jon was raised with a bastard's stigma
  • Ned got his head cut off for heir problems...
  • ...which dominoed to Robb and Cat being murdered. 
  • Jon told Sansa when "don't tell Sansa" is a thing going back to season 1
  • Jon told Sansa after Dany said not to
  • Jon told Sansa after she got weird with her promise.

:dunce:

LOL  That one made me literally LAUGH OUT LOUD!!  Plus, it does get nostalgia points as well. 

22 hours ago, Charles Essie said:

I've started a petition of my own to get a ninth season made. I don't think remaking the final season is necessary when most of it's could be resolved by continuing the story.

http://chng.it/VhRwhpMRfp

The ending is so bad, we could have 8 new seasons of trouble. No need for a prequel. Starting with the Master of Coins stealing money and dealing in brothels, the Seven followers revolting against their new king. All lords wanting the same deal as the North. And back to Meeren, Daario restoring slavery or deserting after huge armies from Volantis, Qarth and Ghis are attacking the city.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

The ending is so bad, we could have 8 new seasons of trouble. No need for a prequel. Starting with the Master of Coins stealing money and dealing in brothels, the Seven followers revolting against their new king. All lords wanting the same deal as the North. And back to Meeren, Daario restoring slavery or deserting after huge armies from Volantis, Qarth and Ghis are attacking the city.

Is that a yes?

18 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  That one made me literally LAUGH OUT LOUD!!  Plus, it does get nostalgia points as well. 

Do you remember a few weeks ago, I suggested a terrible ending for the series, where Sansa is about to be raped by the Night's King, but Arya wargs into a giant eagle to rescue her, and Jon leads an army of ewoks to Winterfell, and a dying Jaime reveals that he's Jon's father?

And, it would not have been worse than what D & D gave us.

12 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Meanwhile, a new power rises in Valyria - it's Daenerys resurrected by Red Rahloo and she's not much happier than Lady Stoneheart.  Hijinks ensue.

40 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Meanwhile, a new power rises in Valyria - it's Daenerys resurrected by Red Rahloo and she's not much happier than Lady Stoneheart.  Hijinks ensue.

That too. It seems even to end with that purpose. What I thought when Drogon carried away Daenerys. "Daenerys will return and she will be seriously pissed-off".

12 hours ago, Charles Essie said:

Is that a yes?

Not exactly. It could have been GRRM's ASoIaF until the last half hour. But the road D&D took then is not. And I'm not interested in the continuation of D&D fan service. I'm not interested in other telling than ASoIaF. I'd rather prefer someone really motivated by GRRM's story. And starting again from the beginning.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, Sarah Michelle Gellar said:

I have never heard this before. Could someone please elaborate?

GRRM said that Joff planned the attack on Bran with the catspaw but a lot of readers hold that this explanation doesn't make sense. There are threads about it on the book forum, I'd link one, but the search gods aren't having it today. 

Archived