Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

44 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Oh, they're so done with this...and have been for quite a while.  Don't worry, HBO will buy some Emmys, everyone will pat themselves heartily on the back, ...and we'll all move on.  In fact, that pretty much started happening immediately following the finale. 

Speaking of shitty ideas for Emmys:

https://bgr.com/2019/06/11/game-of-thrones-season-8-hbo-submits-the-worst-episodes-for-emmys-lol-lol-lol/

Of particular note:

According to TV Guide, HBO submitted three episodes for Best Directing, including Miguel Sapochnik for The Long Night, David Nutter for The Last of the Starks, and D.B. Weiss and David Benioff for The Iron Throne. Even worse, Weiss and Benioff’s script for The Iron Throne was submitted for the Best Writing category. While we’re at it, Game of Thrones season 8 should absolutely not get the Best Drama Series this year.

Emphasis mine.

This would be one way to pretty much finish off the Emmys as anything other than an industry celebrating its own mediocrity.  Who in their right mind would say any of the writing on the last season was anything above baseline acceptable in a middle school creative writing class when the kid stopped paying attention to the story halfway through?  There's ignoring reality, and then there's this.

1 hour ago, alienarea said:

I wonder how long it will take until the backlash hits GRRM?

Currently, his most famous story has a beginning, a mess of a middle and no end.

Maybe the positive point of this wreckage will be GRRM concentrating even more on finishing his story, and stopping fiddling with right and left TV projects.

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Speaking of winning respect, or not LOL, any sign of the Ds yet?  How long can they seem to hide? 

I was wondering about that myself today. I suppose not? And still no sign of a(n)  let us explain to you all the things we didn’t show because we're hacks and can’t tell a story the proper way Inside the Episode for 806. Oh well... 

17 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Speaking of shitty ideas for Emmys:

https://bgr.com/2019/06/11/game-of-thrones-season-8-hbo-submits-the-worst-episodes-for-emmys-lol-lol-lol/

Of particular note:

Emphasis mine.

This would be one way to pretty much finish off the Emmys as anything other than an industry celebrating its own mediocrity.  Who in their right mind would say any of the writing on the last season was anything above baseline acceptable in a middle school creative writing class when the kid stopped paying attention to the story halfway through?  There's ignoring reality, and then there's this.

Oi! 8th grade book reports at least have themes! 

Just sayin’... :D

So there’s an interview with the actor who played the unnamed Prince of Dorne, and he’s just as confused as us on this thread as to how Bran got elected King of Westeros.

t was funny, because I think it was on something like day three or something, they were doing the close-ups on me… and it was only then when [showrunner Dan Weiss] came up to me and he’s like ‘OK, so, this moment’s really important for Dorne. You’re sort of really vested in this.’.. And I was like ‘That is not how I’ve been playing it, so far.’ [Laughs]

I’ve been playing it like there’s a mountain range between Dorne and the rest of the Seven Kingdoms… like our house words are “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken” — we don’t care. This isn’t going to affect Dorne a whole lot. I’m thinking about going and rescuing Ellaria Sand after this meeting’s over or something.

I’m assuming there’s a lot of backstory and stuff between the scenes that we don’t see, off camera. For instance, none of those characters have even heard of the Three-Eyed Raven before. So we’re assuming that a lot had actually happened… Maybe there’ll be a little Dornish uprising, take over the remains of the Seven Kingdoms, who know? Whatever.”

1 hour ago, alienarea said:

I wonder how long it will take until the backlash hits GRRM?

Currently, his most famous story has a beginning, a mess of a middle and no end.

Why should it? Martin’s story isn’t done. When it is we can all weigh in and say we loved or hated it, but not before. Right? 

As to the “mess of a middle”... well, to each their own and all that, but speaking for myself only, I love Feast and Dance, so can’t really agree w/ you here. :)

3 minutes ago, teej6 said:

So there’s an interview with the actor who played the unnamed Prince of Dorne, and he’s just as confused as us on this thread as to how Bran got elected King of Westeros.

Oh boy... I feel for him. I don’t know the actor, and we only guessed he was Dornish because he wore yellow/orange. Right? 

But he clearly put a lot more thought into that stupid scene than David and Dan put into the whole series. 

2 hours ago, teej6 said:

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oh boy... I feel for him. I don’t know the actor, and we only guessed he was Dornish because he wore yellow/orange. Right? 

But he clearly put a lot more thought into that stupid scene than David and Dan put into the whole series. 

Well, thanks to the actor, I ALMOST feel like at least Dorne is in good hands.  LOL

Here's some of the interview on WIC, they have a link to the rest of it. 

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/06/12/why-did-the-new-prince-of-dorne-vote-for-bran-to-be-king-game-of-thrones-toby-osmond/

3 hours ago, teej6 said:

Heh...all I know is the ending of the quote you supplied perfectly encapsulates the whole damn thing: "...who knows?  Whatever." :wacko:

32 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Best coffee cup placement in a Fantasy Series, and the Emmy goes to....

HA!  ...and for Purest, Clearest Bottled WaterTM in a Fantasy Series, the Emmy goes to... :lmao:

5 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Haven't the Emmy's been finished off a long time ago? They are the only ones who gave GOT awards in the last few years. The early Seasons got a lot of awards from varying institutions. The last few years, maybe the technical stuff got awards somewhere other than Emmy's. And it wouldn't surprise me if they scored again even in the writing category. I mean Battle of the Bastards won for best writing. If you actually read the script though, you wonder how this even happened. It reads like it was written by drunken, immature frat boys.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Anyone with two brain cells would have put more thought into that ridiculous scene. My 10-yr old cousin could come up with a better scene. Instead we have D&D give us Tyrion (who is reviled and distrusted in the seven kingdoms) putting forth Bran’s name because he has the best story.  

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

They forgot to tell him to turn his brain off. 

7 hours ago, Mystical said:

Haven't the Emmy's been finished off a long time ago? They are the only ones who gave GOT awards in the last few years. The early Seasons got a lot of awards from varying institutions. The last few years, maybe the technical stuff got awards somewhere other than Emmy's. And it wouldn't surprise me if they scored again even in the writing category. I mean Battle of the Bastards won for best writing. If you actually read the script though, you wonder how this even happened. It reads like it was written by drunken, immature frat boys.

Remember that Smalljon Umber appreciates Jon Snow's challenge of single combat to Ramsay because he 'likes his balls'. According to the fucking script.

10 hours ago, Mystical said:

Anybody that watched the Battle of the Bastards knew it was a garbage script.  I can't bring myself to go read any of the available scripts for fear it will seep into my subconscious and come out when I'm trying to write.

As for the Emmys, I was under the impression almost all the award shows were complete travesties of self-worship at this point, so I figured some folks still respected them for whatever reason since I hear so many good things about whatever various industry celebrating industry award shows are on every two weeks seemingly.  Maybe I'm wrong and people see it the same as I do?

Speaking of which, I'm almost certain we're due for our bi-weekly country music awards show this weekend.

6 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Remember that Smalljon Umber appreciates Jon Snow's challenge of single combat to Ramsay because he 'likes his balls'. According to the fucking script.

Ah, there it is, my justification for not reading all those scripts when they became available.  My small sampling was quite enough, regardless of Jon's balls, thank you very much. 

3 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Anybody that watched the Battle of the Bastards knew it was a garbage script.  I can't bring myself to go read any of the available scripts for fear it will seep into my subconscious and come out when I'm trying to write.

As for the Emmys, I was under the impression almost all the award shows were complete travesties of self-worship at this point, so I figured some folks still respected them for whatever reason since I hear so many good things about whatever various industry celebrating industry award shows are on every two weeks seemingly.  Maybe I'm wrong and people see it the same as I do?

Speaking of which, I'm almost certain we're due for our bi-weekly country music awards show this weekend.

I have sporadically checked out some bits of the available scripts, but I am glad that I determined not to waste too much time and brain cells reading all of them. 

I'm still not over the fact that the Ds willing submit these atrocities to award granting organizations, much less the cast.  I'd say SHAME SHAME SHAME, but it's obvious that the Ds are lacking in it, atall. 

Archived