Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

On 6/21/2019 at 8:01 AM, Beardy the Wildling said:

I think the Storyline soured from Season 5 onwards. If you can truly call Stannis's character assassination

Wait, when did they spread black lies about Stannis to defame his good reputation? That doesn't make any sense. 

Character Assassination refers to the slandering or vicious personal verbal attack on a person with the intention of destroying or damaging that person's reputation or confidence. In other words it is malicious verbal assaults designed to damage or tarnish the reputation of a person. ... It is a form of defamation.

19 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

- Possibly discovered good old greek fire in GoT!verse to burn said moron's encampment. With peat from the Neck (we forgot about poor Meera) and seashell powder from those hacks the Manderlys (northern dudes, yeah)?

People forget that the secret of the Manderlies lies hidden in plain sight right there in their very name: the Mander lies!

17 hours ago, divica said:

Each time I come here to talk about S8 a bit of me that likes the books and wants to read them until the end dies.

The 8th season has so many things things I hate… I really don t want to read the next books that lead to the endings we saw… It just depresses me.

I fully expect the end of the books to be as like the end of the show as the two versions of everything that transpired in Qarth resembled each other -- from the spice king to the warlocks, from gay Xaro to Dany drinking shade of the evening, from dragonnapping to her visions in the House of the Undying. 

In other words, any similarities will be almost unrecognizable.

34 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Wait, when did they spread black lies about Stannis to defame his good reputation? That doesn't make any sense. 

Referring to the fiction-writing definition of character assassination, that is, suddenly turning all the redeemable traits about a character into lies and amping up their negative attributes to insane levels just to facilitate a plot outcome.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, Beardy the Wildling said:

I agree that plenty of stuff from S6 is evocative of what winds will offer, but I think S7 and S8 are really very bare-bones basic events only. There's no way that Jaime is going to say to Tyrion (who he's suddenly okay with) that he never really cared about the people of King's Landing.

That drove me nuts too.  Jamie swore if he saw Tyrion again he was going to kill him.  Sees him again, smiles and good tidings.  "Tally ho, little dude!  We should totes hang and drink!  'Member when you killed dad on the toilet!?  Good times!"

Jumped Up John Snow Christ I hate the writing on this show.

So, apparently Lena’s had a bit of a moan about Cersei as well? I was looking up horror flicks on Rotten Tomatoes and saw a link. Haven’t checked it out yet, but it seems it’s in an interview w/ The Guardian, if anyone’s interested. 

12 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

There's no end of these things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfVfGEzvzeo

Hahahahahahaha, I haven't even made it passed 1:32 and Benioff the Arrogant's self own of:  sometimes, clever people overestimate their own cleverness. 

Hahahahaha, yeah, that's one way to put it, Jerkioff

I'm bringing my last post from the Episodic side.  I'd rewrite a new one, but I'm TOO PISSED:  My Rant went like this:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  I CANNOT believe the nerve of HBO.  I've paid for their damn channel for more than 8 years now (I did re-subscribe HBO for GOT by the way, way back when) and now they THINK that I, and those like me that have paid the price for this farce for years, should have to pay more to see this Conan special with the cast?  Ya know, the only people left that I have respect as well as affection for are most of the cast and general crew members.  I would NOT buy ONE MORE FUCKING EPISODE from D&D, but I would like to see this Conan thing, and HBO thinks I should BUY THE DAMN DVDs in December to see it?  FUCK OFF, FUCK RIGHT THE FUCK OFF WITH THE DOUBLE DOUCHEBERRIES.   Once I can control the urge to curse up a storm, I say it's time to raise holy hell at HBO for this.  They must be crazy.  They release 2 minutes of video, to try and drum up........what?  HYPE?  Are they crazy?  Go right ahead, remind the world how PISSED OFF and DISAPPOINTED most were with the last season and finale.  Hell, I bet most people have just about forgotten about the show's existence, ANGER INDUCEMENT IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH MEMORY!! 

PS:  They can GET BENT!! 

Archived