Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 hour ago, Dragons Are Real said:

As I replied in the episode rant,

This is for the COMPLETE SERIES box set.  So they're not just giving us the finger with this move, they're giving us the finger with one hand while punching us in the genitals with the other.

What utter douches.

I'm all out of words, just about.  That is even worse.  I was so angry at the words Buy and DVD that I never did notice that it was BUY ALL SEASONS, LOL  MY GAWD!! 

3 hours ago, alienarea said:

Words of wisdom from Emperor Palpatine: "Wipe them out! All of them!"

2 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

Burn them all?

1 hour ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

You know sh*t got real right there.

We can;t even root for Team Night King anymore.  

Valar Morghulis, I guess. 

As I pointed out in the Character arcs ranto thread:

Drogon has too often been overlooked in analyses of GAME OF THRONES, but it is becoming more and more evident that he is in fact the centre, the moral heart of the story (to such an extent, indeed, that the entire series might be said to constitute Drogon's Bildungsroman; see Schmuck). His arc, after his childhood idyll playing with his brothers and his mother's handmaidens, may be said to constitute a number of responses to loss. His first great loss occurs when he is falsely accused of murthering and eating a child (Drogon has better taste than that!), and Dany locks his brothers up. Drogon's response to this is to do Adolescent Rebellion and go off on his own, probably joining gangs and doing drugs and whatnot. But he has an epiphany, realising that his mother was not to blame, and in her hour of greatest need he returns to her. He thereafter is for a time blindly loyal to her, serving her cause in Meereen and Westeros. He loses first one brother and then the other to bad advice, bad luck, and bad writing. This cements both his loyalty to his mother and his bitter hatred of Westerosi humans; so he willingly aids his mother in genocide. He has now reached the nadir of his arc, and suffers the greatest loss of all; for his mother is slain before his very eyes by an icky human named Jon! But this time grief leads not to wrath, but to wisdom. For Drogon perceives that the true murtherer was not Jon, but the lust for power and system of domination represented by the Iron Throne. So he magnanimously spares Jon and burns the Iron Throne, that “vile engine of sorcery” as Lewis called it, instead. He then takes his mother on a quest eastward, that she might be resurrected and that they might thereafter journey together on a higher, nobler errand, presumably to burn the scripts that got them in this mess.

8 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Not only was Drogon the hero of the story, he was the only character with a real personality this past season. 

Long may he fly......................far away from the hot mess that is the Westeros of D&D. 

I can't wait for him to found a university of philosophy in Asshai.

He was the draconic scholar that was promised.

3 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I can't wait for him to found a university of philosophy in Asshai.

He was the draconic scholar that was promised.

Dany be like 'Dracarys!' 'Dracarys!' 'Dracarys!'

Drogon be like: 'Slow roast, medium rare or stone explosion? Do you truly understand the cost of what you are doing?' Then: 'Burns Iron Throne because he hates industrial furniture design.'

Drogon truly was the only character with any redeeming qualities at all when it came down to it.  I suppose a small argument might be made that Bronn's love of brothels could constitute a positive attribute when viewed in the light of pursuing a function of living red blooded humanity, but it's hardly the highest of pursuits.  Simply an understandable one.

Drogon, on the other hand, showed not just wisdom, but an understanding of how utterly desolate the creators of his television world were.  He may, even, be aware he is in a television world.  And his only true recourse, the only way the torture of such an infantile universe could be ended is to destroy the object that caused the obsession that drove the story of that universe.

In burning the throne, he ended the torture for all of us.  And he flew away with his mother to whatever heaven television dragons are allowed after being forced to work under the hatefilled eyes of Dumb and Dumber.  May he at last find his peace.

11 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  Best use of a Ramsay gif I've seen in years.

The thing is, I don't think they will. I think, just like what they did with Season 5, they'll disappear into the aether claiming they're busy and leave the actors who actually did a semi-decent job to bear the brunt.

That way fans look like shit for getting vitriolic at actors who evidently tried their best, D&D don't get to hear mean things, and they also get actors who give way more of a shit about their characters than them to give them a free explanation.

I know nothing about these "Comic Con" things (and it sounds really weird in French :blink:); can anyone just buy a ticket and attend?

In this case, can we reasonably expect that someone in the audience will have the courage to ring a bell of shame when D&D appears? I would be happy to do so if I lived in California…

My sincere hope is that some nimrod doesn't fuck this up by making a threat of violence so the Ds have an excuse to bow out.  I really want them to face a Comic Con crowd.  Those crowds are superfans and will not hesitate to ask legitimately difficult questions even for shows/books/movies that are still absolutely adored.  The Game of Thrones creators facing that sort of thing, and not just being able to talk over them?  They should put that shit on PPV.  I'd pay more for that than I ever did for a WWF/WWE event.  Bring it.

Archived