Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 hour ago, Dragons Are Real said:

The Bob Ross video gave me legit LOLs, but it is a missed opportunity.  Somewhere out there is an episode where he paints a stormy seaside at night and he's talking about the angry rocks, and the harsh winds, and the frightful waves crashing violently against the shore, beating the sands to ever smaller grains.  Dude was clearly having a bad day, and that video would have been the perfect blend of angst and WTF to set off the ending of Game of Thrones.

My guess on the comic con appearance is it will either be D&D being themselves and totally missing the digs at their expense, it will be a "curated" question period with heavy pre-screening, or it will be a complete shit-show when they break in the face of a fandom that won't be pandered to.  I sincerely hope it's option three, but I have my doubts.

I, too, would love option 3!   But, if I were betting, my money would be on a "curated" question period with heavy pre-screening.  They (and more importantly HBO) know they're just about done with this.  They know they just need to keep things relatively controlled for only a little longer and then they can move on.  It's really just this Comic Con thing then the sham Emmys...and they're free and clear.

my guess is that they are going to tell us that S8 was a masterclass in Brechtian alienation effect, because GOT was never just entertainment, but raised important issues that should be properly considered.

And if the viewers don't see that, they must be stupid.

On 7/8/2019 at 2:08 AM, Count Balerion said:

And the rewrites are a penny a pound. What they all have in common is that they're better than what we got:

TBH there are any number of fanfics that do a better job than D & D managed.

4 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

And there's this:

watching these vídeos about the amount of work put into this season makes me phisically ill.

It is like watching something you like being completly destroyed all over again and the people responsable are happy about it. Like nobody cares anymore...

GOT is over. The assholes are moving on to star wars. HBO and grrm are mobing on to bloodmoon. And we are supposed to clap the end of GOT and support Bloodmoon? Nobody cares that GOT was destroyed?

When federal judges agree with us. https://lawandcrime.com/celebrity/this-ninth-circuit-judge-really-hated-game-of-thrones-finale/

Northern would like us to read Dabit without considering its clarification in Troice. But we will not render Troice meaningless the way that Game of Thrones rendered the entire Night King storyline meaningless in its final season.

:lmao:

Did anyone see this EW article? https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/tv/2019/07/15/george-rr-martin-game-thrones-fan-reactions/amp/

Hibberd (HBO and D&D’s mouthpiece) is trying to sell the story as fan reaction of the show won’t change GRRM’s planned ending. But GRRM not changing the ending based on fans figuring things out is nothing new, he’s been saying that for years. What I found surprising is this quote from GRRM:

“The whole last three years have been strange since the show got ahead of the books,” he says. “Yes, I told [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] a number of things years ago. And some of them they did do. But at the same time, it’s different. I have very fixed ideas in my head as I’m writing The Winds of Winter and beyond that in terms of where things are going. It’s like two alternate realities existing side by side. I have to double down and do my version of it which is what I’ve been doing.”

4 hours ago, teej6 said:

Did anyone see this EW article? https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/tv/2019/07/15/george-rr-martin-game-thrones-fan-reactions/amp/

Hibberd (HBO and D&D’s mouthpiece) is trying to sell the story as fan reaction of the show won’t change GRRM’s planned ending. But GRRM not changing the ending based on fans figuring things out is nothing new, he’s been saying that for years. What I found surprising is this quote from GRRM:

Just saw that, he's really spelling it out.

“The whole last three years have been strange since the show got ahead of the books,” he says. “Yes, I told [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] a number of things years ago. And some of them they did do. But at the same time, it’s different. I have very fixed ideas in my head as I’m writing The Winds of Winter and beyond that in terms of where things are going. It’s like two alternate realities existing side by side. I have to double down and do my version of it which is what I’ve been doing.”

Yet another reason I'm dying for Winds to be published... I mean, how silly are David and Dan going to look when the actual story - properly told - is out and their hackery exposed even more? :D

Archived