Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

Personally I see this as an admission from them that they screwed up and can't defend it.

Agreed.  Comic Con is likely full of fans who know the books and TV series inside out, and would have roasted them.

4 hours ago, SeanF said:

I see D & D won't be attending Comic con after all.

Very wise.

Which will rob the disgruntled viewers of the pleasure of a “get them, get them, they’re right there! Get! Them!” moment. Hackle and Jeckle wouldn’t even grant them that. 

10 minutes ago, hewman said:

Which will rob the disgruntled viewers of the pleasure of a “get them, get them, they’re right there! Get! Them!” moment. Hackle and Jeckle wouldn’t even grant them that. 

More like a "heads, spikes, walls" moment.

2 hours ago, Darryk said:

Personally I see this as an admission from them that they screwed up and can't defend it.

I told you that there wasn t any positive side for them appearing...

So now we will have thousands of fans that went to comic con because they would be there and at last minute they canceled... 

Who cares about GOT panel now? I hope that whoever is there gets humiliated

3 hours ago, divica said:

I told you that there wasn t any positive side for them appearing...

So now we will have thousands of fans that went to comic con because they would be there and at last minute they canceled... 

Who cares about GOT panel now? I hope that whoever is there gets humiliated

"I'm not questioning your honour, Benioff and Weiss.   I'm denying its existence."

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

"I'm not questioning your honour, Benioff and Weiss.   I'm denying its existence."

But seriously. Who is in last panel of GOT? 

Does it make sense that there isn t anybody eye-catching in GOT's last comic con? 

And then there are a million nominations of GOT related stuff for the emmys... 

Am I reading this correctly or am I hallucinating? Series 8 got a bunch of Emmys nominations, including for the appalling writing? If so, what a fucking joke. If I thought the Emmys were meaningless before, now I don’t even know what to think. 

Just found out about this a couple of minutes ago. Anomaly did a livestream on it. Apparently, the actors aren't appearing either?

Disappointing, to coin a phrase.

32 nominations for Emmy? "D&D got a nomination for having [expletive] people [expletive] walk around."

Sapochnik got nominated for Long Night.

52 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Am I reading this correctly or am I hallucinating? Series 8 got a bunch of Emmys nominations, including for the appalling writing? If so, what a fucking joke. If I thought the Emmys were meaningless before, now I don’t even know what to think. 

The Emmys were always meaningless awards given to popular shows. It’s always been a farce, nothing but pageantry. They need to increase their viewership and GOT (no matter how much it sucks) will do that for them. But for that, they could have nominated the actors and technicians. Giving the writing nomination to incompetents such as D&D goes beyond ridiculous. Especially now, considering TV has a lot of talented writers who will be part of the academy and able to vote. I can’t imagine people like David Chase, or Matt Weiner nominating D&D.

37 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

Just found out about this a couple of minutes ago. Anomaly did a livestream on it. Apparently, the actors aren't appearing either?

Disappointing, to coin a phrase.

32 nominations for Emmy? "D&D got a nomination for having [expletive] people [expletive] walk around."

Sapochnik got nominated for Long Night.

I read a long time ago that only a bunch of secondary actors would be there. Like Davos, varys and Grey worm... Not sure about Arya but that was the only one of the main cast that I think was on the list. 

Does this make any sense for GOT's last comic con? One of the last goodbyes... It really feels that the season was so bad that nobody wants to be associated with it... I Don t understand how D&D can cancel their presence at this time... I would like to see people asking for some kind of refund... 

This isn't the same article Anomaly was talking about. But ...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-showrunners-will-no-longer-attend-comic-con-panel-1203270779/

It looks as though Maisie Williams and NCW will be there. Perhaps there'll still be some mild fun to be had. Or maybe they'll all be in "official" mode and say everything's lovely.

D+D not being there will certainly take the awkwardness out of the event. The actors obviously won't criticize D+D, but there will be much more of a light-hearted and good-humored feel to it, kind of like at the recent Con of Thrones where one of the moderators jokingly asked Jerome Flynn "how long before Bronn bankrupts the realm?" and he responded "you seem to have some presuppositions about how he might perform in the role". I think he knew the moderator was referring to one of the major gripes with the ending, but he took it in good humor.

I wonder if anyone's told Conleth Hill that he's become somewhat of a folk hero on the message boards because of his reaction at the table read.

I thought it would be inevitable D&D would pull out to avoid a bloodbath. Truth is though they will have to appear in public one day and when they do, there will be fans... waiting.

It could be scheduling issues, or it could be because they didn’t want to deal with a mob of potentially angry fans.

Honestly, I could believe it is scheduling but it all seems too perfect for them to have pulled out at the 11th hour like this. Even if it is all perfectly innocent the wider fanbase will think they did it to escape the wrath or awkward questions.

We may never know. Regardless, the panel will still include Maisie Williams (Arya), Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime), Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran), John Bradley (Sam), Liam Cunningham (Davos) and Conleth Hill (Varys), and honestly, who could ever be mad at any of them?

They'll probably get a lot of questions from people asking, "How does it feel that D&D opted to use you bless'd folks as human meat shields while they continue to hide in their bunker?

"PS: You guys deserved better than the writing of S7 and 8."

I love how they ended the panel without taking any fan questions. Like, could that be any more of an admission they screwed up?

I don't blame the cast for their PR-scripted statements like "well, the hate for season 8 was just a media-led campaign" and "every season has had controversy". It's not their fault big companies like HBO have them by the balls and can ruin their careers if they don't fall in line.

Just would be nice if there was a bit more honesty around it rather than this blatant attempt to sweep it all under the rug. People keep saying "it's just a show", well, I agree, "it's just a show", so why are they trying to cover it up like it's some kind of political scandal? Season 8 sucked, HBO. We know it, you know it, you don't have to be so goddamn gestapo-like about all of this.

Archived