Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

36 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

It was just there for naked women opportunities. For putting women into horrible situations and stepping back and letting the camera pan over their bodies - or the face of some guy watching.

It was also there so Littlefinger could say "kinky" stuff like "Play with her arse" etc.

Here is show Littlefinger gloating about sex trafficking the Lysene girl and Ros, who were tortured and killed. And yet the show sickeningly presented him as just a guy in love, and had his victim honor him.

You know, you remind me of another girl, a lovely thing I once acquired from a Lysene pleasure house ... beautiful, like yourself, and intelligent, like yourself. But she wasn't happy. She cried often. I asked her why, but we didn't have the kind of rapport that you and I have. Yes, it was quite sad. Girls from the Lysene pleasure houses are expensive, extremely expensive. And this one wasn't making me any money. I hate bad investments. Really, I ... I do. They haunt me. I had no idea how to make her happy, no idea how to mitigate my losses. A very wealthy patron, he offered me a tremendous amount of money to let him transform this lovely, sad girl. To use her in ways that... Would never occur to most men. And you know what occurs to most men. I would not say he succeeded in making her happy, but my losses were definitely mitigated...

For instance, when I thwarted your plan to give Sansa Stark to the Tyrells. If I'm going to be honest, I did feel an unmistakable sense of enjoyment there. But your confidant, the one who fed you information about my plans, the one you swore to protect... you didn't bring her any enjoyment. And she didn't bring me any enjoyment. She was a bad investment on my part. Luckily, I have a friend who wanted to try something new. Something daring. And he was so grateful to me for providing this fresh experience.

47 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Here is show Littlefinger gloating about sex trafficking the Lysene girl and Ros, who were tortured and killed. And yet the show sickeningly presented him as just a guy in love, and had his victim honor him.

You know, you remind me of another girl, a lovely thing I once acquired from a Lysene pleasure house ... beautiful, like yourself, and intelligent, like yourself. But she wasn't happy. She cried often. I asked her why, but we didn't have the kind of rapport that you and I have. Yes, it was quite sad. Girls from the Lysene pleasure houses are expensive, extremely expensive. And this one wasn't making me any money. I hate bad investments. Really, I ... I do. They haunt me. I had no idea how to make her happy, no idea how to mitigate my losses. A very wealthy patron, he offered me a tremendous amount of money to let him transform this lovely, sad girl. To use her in ways that... Would never occur to most men. And you know what occurs to most men. I would not say he succeeded in making her happy, but my losses were definitely mitigated...

For instance, when I thwarted your plan to give Sansa Stark to the Tyrells. If I'm going to be honest, I did feel an unmistakable sense of enjoyment there. But your confidant, the one who fed you information about my plans, the one you swore to protect... you didn't bring her any enjoyment. And she didn't bring me any enjoyment. She was a bad investment on my part. Luckily, I have a friend who wanted to try something new. Something daring. And he was so grateful to me for providing this fresh experience.

Uugh.  And Ros was sexually tortured, because Esme Bianco asked for a bigger role.

14 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Uugh.  And Ros was sexually tortured, because Esme Bianco asked for a bigger role.

And Natalia Tena, after complaining about the nudity imbalance, was brought back to wordlessly die on Ramsay Bolton:

Natalia Tena, who played the Osha and filmed a scene involving full frontal nudity said: ‘I think it’s really unfair, every actor, any actress has had her tits out. Every single actress I know. Blokes it’s like, let’s see some cock. Do you know what I mean? Let’s make it more even.’

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/as-the-third-season-of-game-of-thrones-begins-lets-hope-the-nudity-is-more-equal-8554545.html

She had the last word, though:

“The calibre of writing towards the end and the plots and how they wrapped up compared to any other season [felt] like [it was] been written by different people. It doesn’t make sense for me.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-finale-season-8-backlash-natalia-tena-osha-a9048091.html

I do wonder if part of the reason that the last two seasons were so poorly received is because there was presumably....all this build up...and then...petered out.  Like w/Littlefinger...the guy has been betraying people, using them, trading them, killing them for years.  But, his 'comeuppance' was poorly done in order to have an extremely lame attempt to SHOCK the audience who were supposed to think OMG Sansa is going to kill Arya, OMG!  which no one believed...and so LF big moment, was not so big.

I won't even get into how they kept Lena around as a ghost Cersei, with no lines, few actions, doing nothing for two years, and her death scene was another moment that should have been huge, telling, revealing...and instead, she died like a coward and she and her brother never even bothered to have any last words of any meaning either.  No I'm sorry.  No I've always loved you.  Nope, nothing.  Ima scared and then some rocks fell on me.  

On 9/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, SeanF said:

In the end, no character emerged better in the Show than in the books.

Unfortunately, I think Jon killing Dany at Tyrion's instigation, is a thing.  I can't believe they'd come up with that on their own.  I think it remains very much an open question whether it's because Dany's a tyrant, or simply the victim of Tyrion's malice. I can see Dany's story taking a darker turn in TWOW.  But darker turn does not been ranting genocidal maniac.

I think the burning of Kings Landing is a thing.  The wildfire caches are Chekhov's gun.  I expect they ignite as Dany fights her way into the city.  I'm sure that she does not deliberately incinerate civilians because Jon turned her down.

I think the crucial battle against the Others will be on the Trident (in line with Dany's dream at Astapor) not Winterfell.  This will be after the burning of Kings Landing.

Sansa may never end up in the North at all.  The Vale plot was largely removed from the Show.  I'm not convinced Northern independence is a thing.  The North is already self-governing.

It's said that Bran becoming King is a thing.  I can't see how it makes sense, given where he is now, and he's 10.

I doubt if Arya sails into the Sunset.  That's Elissa Farman's story.

Bronn is not Master of Coin.

Jaime's redemption arc will be meaningful, and Cersei will die well before the end.

If Tyrion is "the villain" (as Martin has stated) than it's hard to imagine that Dany will also be one.

Well, it has already been established that there is an anti-magic, pro-science contingent at the Citadel...and apparently, this contingent were responsible for the death of what few dragons remained after the Targaryen civil war.

All Daenerys has to do is show up with her dragons and red priests who are actually competent and this contingent of archmaesters at the Citadel will be working overtime.

So, it's not hard to believe that Dany will still have some very clever, formidable enemies after the Others, Euron, Cersei and Aegon are taken care of.

Anyone who thinks Tyrion is a good guy is either blind, idiotic or probably just as sketch as Tyrion is. Especially after reading A Dance with Dragons.

And Moqorro (who is always right) had a vision where he has seen a snarling lion pitting dragons against each other. He specifically points this out to Tyrion. And Tyrion is repeatedly referred to as either a giant or someone who casts a gigantic, dark shadow both by actual characters in real time and in prophecy.

And then there is the prophecy of the maiden (Sansa) slaying a giant in a castle of snow. And then there is the rather obvious bit of foreshadowing back in A Game of Thrones when Tyrion is first deeply disturbed by the sound of the Stark direwolves howling and later nearly devoured by those same direwolves.

So here's what I think. Tyrion will trick King Jon into turning against his wife and Queen Daenerys (whether Daenerys will have done something worthy of such a horrific betrayal doesn't matter; his reasons for doing so won't be pure or even sympathetic) only to throw Jon under the bus once he kills her. Then with the two of them out of the way, he makes a bid for more political power. Except the Starks will get involved and they won't be so easily fooled -- especially since Sansa, Arya and Bran will all have magical powers at this point (Arya and Bran especially), they will come to Jon's defense and turn the tables on Tyrion, exposing him for the nightmare he has become before executing him. Bran, as Jon's next of male kin and a major player in the end of both the Others and Euron Greyjoy, becomes king.

Sansa, Jon, Arya, Bran, Tyrion and Daenerys were all set to be the endgame POVs and the Stark-Lannister conflict has always been a major backbone for this series.

There's no other way to end it. Not really.

Only the 414 who watched the whole season were asked about season 8 in that poll, and only 24% were very satisfied. And most were not interested in what's next from Benioff and Weiss.

Also spotting other polls at 60% dissatisfied, I think that's more like it. But they'll win the Emmys because they had the most viewers, and that's how the voting goes now.

Looks like wins for show (worst season ever), directing (best directing a show nobody could see), supporting actor (best blathering about nothing in a bad accent). And laugh of all laughs, it's actually in the running for script... this will be fun to see the articles blasting the Emmys.

https://www.goldderby.com/odds/combined-odds/emmy-awards-2019/

2 hours ago, Lollygag said:

MauLer released 8x05 Unbridled Rage a few days ago. Over 2 hours!

It is quite sad that nowadays a bunch of youtubers are more reliable than professionals paid to review and classify shows and movies...

Something has to change and fast.

On 9 September 2019 at 1:50 AM, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, very bad numbers. And it's an ending that the more it's remembered, the worse it gets. The only remedy is to forget.

Only the 414 who watched the whole season were asked about season 8 in that poll, and only 24% were very satisfied. And most were not interested in what's next from Benioff and Weiss.

Also spotting other polls at 60% dissatisfied, I think that's more like it. But they'll win the Emmys because they had the most viewers, and that's how the voting goes now.

Whereas, I think you'd likely have 75% + saying Very Satisfied for Breaking Bad or The Sopranos, despite controversy over the endings.  There's not much controversy over the ending of A Game of Thrones.  The critical consensus is that it was crap.  It got a rating of 4.2.on IMDB.  if D & D thought they'd produced something good, they'd be doing victory laps at every fan event.

Archived