Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

Dan on not knowing how to work w/ the costume designer (paraphrasing):

”It’s not something you’re born knowing”. 

Right. But shouldn’t it be something a show runner/“writer” should know? It seems they didn’t even look up “how to create a tv show” on the internet. David and Dan, the gift that just keeps on giving. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Halfway through the audio and I’m done w/ hearing David and Dan say, “we didn’t know”. 

LOLOLOL  I bet.  I haven't braved the audio yet, as I've already wasted too much time on enjoying all of the print and pics and tweets documenting the douchiness.  I thank you for braving it.  I'll give it a try.......eventually, maybe.  B)

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOLOLOL  I bet.  I haven't braved the audio yet, as I've already wasted too much time on enjoying all of the print and pics and tweets documenting the douchiness.  I thank you for braving it.  I'll give it a try.......eventually, maybe.  B)

Kissed by Fire is really taking one for the team by listening to that gibberish.

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Halfway through the audio and I’m done w/ hearing David and Dan say, “we didn’t know”. 

You are a little ahead of me then in the audio, but so far it seems just as reported in that main/first thread. There was an article out by a fan site that tried to claim the poster was bias/possibly not reporting correctly, but so far it all seems accurate as described. 

23 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It’s really tiring, the “we didn’t know”, “we had no idea”, etc. And that’s their answer to most things they were asked. Well, the Austin Film Festival could have spared everyone the time and just asked us, and we would have told them, “THEY DIDNT KNOW JACK ABOUT ANYTHING”. :lol:

22 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Kissed by Fire is really taking one for the team by listening to that gibberish.

I tried but today is my day off and life’s too short, so I bailed! :leaving:

10 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

You are a little ahead of me then in the audio, but so far it seems just as reported in that main/first thread. There was an article out by a fan site that tried to claim the poster was bias/possibly not reporting correctly, but so far it all seems accurate as described. 

Yeah, from the ~ half I listened to the person on Twitter reported quite accurately - impossible to get every single word, but what they did report was spot on. I saw a comment asking whether there’ll be a transcription of the audio. Fingers crossed, then we can have the whole thing w/o having to actually listen to David and Dan explaining how they knew fuck all and still managed to “fail up”, as the Mary Sue article put it. (I think it was the MS article but it may have been another site or even more than one)

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, the Austin Film Festival could have spared everyone the time and just asked us, and we would have told them, “THEY DIDNT KNOW JACK ABOUT ANYTHING”. :lol:

Someone on Reddit aptly called it the Autism Film Festival… :smug:

It's not April Fools Day is it?

D&D leaving the Star Wars - Disney production:

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-star-wars-david-benioff-db-weiss-20191029-kqmqpqvfdbg55nqe4mvpcov4lq-story.html

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wars-setback-game-of-thrones-duo-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-exit-trilogy-1202771184/

Benioff and Weiss were supposed to usher in the post-Skywalker era of the Star Wars brand with a 2022 new-start story that would stake out a new frontier for the era-defining cinema brand created by George Lucas. The Emmy-winning pair cited their historic deal with Netflix. They said their enthusiasm for Star Wars remains boundless but, regrettably, their schedule is full up.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Odd, isn't it , surely they want to at least try to capitalize on GOT

9 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I think almost everyone with a brain knew that after they screwed season 8 so badly a series about the first long night didn t make sense. 

I think there is a high chance that they also won t do dance because on the whole that story is full of the same problems people criticized this last season of got

More:

https://tvline.com/2019/10/29/game-of-thrones-prequel-spinoff-cancelled-hbo-pilot/

TVLine has confirmed that the cabler has opted not to move forward with Naomi Watts-headlined project. According to sources, HBO execs screened the pilot over the summer and were not thrilled with the results. Instead of passing, however, they sent Goldman and Co. back into the editing room to make a slew of changes. But the revamped pilot failed to impress the execs either, leading them to pull the plug altogether.

I always thought it was an odd choice, having almost none of the characteristics or families from GOT, but it must  have been really under whelming, since it's not like a corporation not to want to squeeze every last possible dollar out of something like GOT

And it must have been really bad. I mean, GoT had the same issue and the pilot was almost entirely re-shot. This time it seems the execs saw the pilot and weren’t impressed. They asked for a bunch of changes, and after watching it again w/ the changes decided to not go ahead w/ it. 

From the same TV Line piece:

According to multiple insiders, the pilot was “troubled” from the start, marred by budget overruns, numerous personnel issues and myriad creative differences.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

And it must have been really bad. I mean, GoT had the same issue and the pilot was almost entirely re-shot. This time it seems the execs saw the pilot and weren’t impressed. They asked for a bunch of changes, and after watching it again w/ the changes decided to not go ahead w/ it. 

According to multiple insiders, the pilot was “troubled” from the start, marred by budget overruns, numerous personnel issues and myriad creative differences.

It may also have something to do with execs being new people, and looking at this from a different perspective. They're the ones who greenlit GoT, but they inherited its ending with all its controversies.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Bizarre.  Considering that the GOT showrunners were, by their own admission, unqualified, their first pilot was unwatchable, and spent money like drunken sailors, and HBO never said boo, so it must have been insanely bad or boring or something.  Or, this is HBO's new overseers exerting a different kind of control? 

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Come on...

How could the prequel not have continuity problems with GOT and still be good?

This show just had too much baggage… 

Archived