Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

4 hours ago, Darryk said:

This is shocking. They would never have gotten away with that in the post MeToo era, HBO would've become embroiled in a scandal, they still might as more people hear about this.

It is shocking, and fucking disgusting. Sadly, I can’t say I’m surprised. 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

It is shocking, and fucking disgusting. Sadly, I can’t say I’m surprised. 

It has been very widely reported.

i wonder if any of the actors who were younger than Emilia Clarke have similarly unpleasant stories.

13 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It has been very widely reported.

i wonder if any of the actors who were younger than Emilia Clarke have similarly unpleasant stories.

Here the go-to word for GoT at this point: YIKES. :ack:

25 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

So Jon was disgusted by her being his aunt but not about her burning about a million people alive? Sounds pretty stupid. 

The "disgust" comment was cut from the scene between Jon and Daenerys when he met with her after he arrived at Dragonstone and was supposed to be inserted right before Daenerys stated "let it be fear". So this occurred before the battle.

15 minutes ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

The "disgust" comment was cut from the scene between Jon and Daenerys when he met with her after he arrived at Dragonstone and was supposed to be inserted right before Daenerys stated "let it be fear". So this occurred before the battle.

Ah, I see. Well, she did burn Varys and then Dany blamed Sansa for it, but that wasn't disgusting? Realistically the disgust should have continued to increase for multiple reasons. D&D's Jon: "I can excuse burning people alive and mass murder but I draw the line at incest!"

11 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Ah, I see. Well, she did burn Varys and then Dany blamed Sansa for it, but that wasn't disgusting? Realistically the disgust should have continued to increase for multiple reasons. D&D's Jon: "I can excuse burning people alive and mass murder but I draw the line at incest!"

As if there isn t lots of worse incest in asoiaf history...

10 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I can't remember specific mentions about Beric sleeping or not sleeping. But can it be that he didn't eat?

I just found it interesting because mel's life ambition was to not sleep. Maybe people ressurected by r'hllor don t sleep… I wanted to know if that comes from the books...

16 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Varys was a traitor and poisoner, who had already been forgiven one poisoning attempt.   He got off lightly, all things considered.  Varys was disloyal to every king he served.

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Varys was a traitor and poisoner, who had already been forgiven one poisoning attempt.   He got off lightly, all things considered.  Varys was disloyal to every king he served.

I think that was another exemple of how D&D just didn t care about asoiaf.

Are we supposed to believe that nobody would aproach danny and say "look, sweety I know those people desserve to die but westerosi don t like to see targaryens burning people alive. You know all that stuff about the mad king... Why don t you hand them or cut their heads?"

8 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

"Make the bad men burn!" 

Dany is basically a student of the Robert Arryn School of Justice. 

I don't think anyone else would have dealt more kindly with Varys.  He wasn't just endangering Dany.  He was endangering everyone else on their side.  Cersei would have been the ultimate winner, had he succeeded in killing Dany.  Jon could not have fought Cersei without Drogon, the Unsullied, and Dothraki.

22 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Creepy guys D$D&C are. Seemingly leering at the female cast and desiring to get their clothes off in front of the Camera. 

As much as I bash D&D for the way they bungled the writing, I wouldn't level a charge this serious against them without evidence; It could well be a general HBO problem. Remember Neil Marshall saying that an executive took him aside during filming of the Blackwater episode and told him to put full frontal nudity in a scene.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

I don't think anyone else would have dealt more kindly with Varys.  He wasn't just endangering Dany.  He was endangering everyone else on their side.  Cersei would have been the ultimate winner, had he succeeded in killing Dany.  Jon could not have fought Cersei without Drogon, the Unsullied, and Dothraki.

I guess this perspective makes sense if you never caught any of the 2342839758 warning signs that Dany would be come a tyrant and kill innocents. But the flash cards were out by then: Dany said she would burn KL to the ground and blame Cersei for it. Varys looks like the rational one trying to stop her, especially in hindsight. Meanwhile, Jon's only concern is that he's fucking his aunt, not that Dany is becoming a tyraunt...gosh, he's slow. 

27 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I guess this perspective makes sense if you never caught any of the 2342839758 warning signs that Dany would be come a tyrant and kill innocents. But the flash cards were out by then: Dany said she would burn KL to the ground and blame Cersei for it. Varys looks like the rational one trying to stop her, especially in hindsight. Meanwhile, Jon's only concern is that he's fucking his aunt, not that Dany is becoming a tyraunt...gosh, he's slow. 

I wouldn't have given a flying f*ck about Kings Landing, if I was expected to help Cersei win the war, and have her spike my, and my siblings' heads on walls.  You might have thought differently, in that position, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

As much as I bash D&D for the way they bungled the writing, I wouldn't level a charge this serious against them without evidence; It could well be a general HBO problem. Remember Neil Marshall saying that an executive took him aside during filming of the Blackwater episode and told him to put full frontal nudity in a scene.

Still though, they are the creators and runners, they and their sidekick Colman ran this farce. I’m good with my assertions

13 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I wouldn't have given a flying f*ck about Kings Landing, if I was expected to help Cersei win the war, and have her spike my, and my siblings' heads on walls.  You might have thought differently, in that position, but I doubt it.

After multiple signs from friends and family and direct evidence that Dany is bad news, I probably would have realized that I was hitching my wagons to someone who is a greater threat to innocents and my family than Cersei. 

But Jon seems to only care that incest is icky.

It wouldn't have been so bad if D&D had written about the effects of Jon's resurrection, perhaps making him less perceptive. But we got nothing. He's just becoming increasingly stupider for unexplained reasons like every other man that comes into contact with Dany. 

Archived