Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

19 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Oh, I agree, also, no one reads a book or book series without expecting an ending, period, but I just made peace with it long ago.  Being upset about it, for me, isn't going to change what does or doesn't happen with GRRM writing a crappy ending or not writing one at all.  I can't control that, what he does or doesn't do, I can only control how I respond to it. 

Good point. I would have just been happy to see a faithful adaptation of the books to date. I got enough enjoyment out of them, and can see that as a story in and of itself (as you say, we can imagine what comes next).

29 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, I think that's the commentary, and the outside the episode is floating around, too.

That nobody is interested in listening to them blather about the "grand" finale is hilarious.

They might as well be talking about what animal took a dump in the woods. Much ado about shit.

I am getting tempted to go look for some of the stupidity, with the report of them saying Missy 'got some dick?'  She did?  Where?  From who?  Do they forget GreyWorm didn't have one?  Are they implying she was raped before she was killed?  Like........WHAT THE ACTUAL EFF??

But, I'm not sure I feel like doing that to myself.  I'll go with spot checking on and off, when I'm really, really bored.  Like REALLY REALLY BORED!! 

19 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I am getting tempted to go look for some of the stupidity, with the report of them saying Missy 'got some dick?'  She did?  Where?  From who?  Do they forget GreyWorm didn't have one?  Are they implying she was raped before she was killed?  Like........WHAT THE ACTUAL EFF??

But, I'm not sure I feel like doing that to myself.  I'll go with spot checking on and off, when I'm really, really bored.  Like REALLY REALLY BORED!! 

Yeah, no doubt they said the same about Sansa's "romance" with her "love interest" Ramsay Bolton. And you are right, we'd have to be really really bored to listen to Smug and Smarmy.

(Oh and what about Septa Unella? They love to throw this shit out there and forget about it.)

4 hours ago, SeanF said:

Another "gem" from the commentary.  Bran and Sansa and the Small Council will be successful because Daenerys got rid of the all the bad guys and "dead wood" for them.

Okay.  Dany's job was to make the world safe for Bran and Sansa to put their backsides on their respective thrones, without having to get their hands dirty.

It turned out that killing "evil men" was the right thing for Dany to do, after all.  

You were brave to listen. The funny thing is all of that most likely won't happen that way in the books.

No Branbot as king of it all, no Sandra as queen of the extras, no Stepford small council, no Dany as Satan (or is it Jesus, after all, they said she died like him, pieta style).

Commenting on their own mess is like... nobody cares.

So since Dany died like Jesus and all, how about letting her say something, like he did? They pretty much threw the kitchen sink at her. Hitler, Madonna, Satan, Jesus...

All they left out was Santa Claus. Oh, she fixed that in her new movie, she's playing an elf. Maybe that's her little joke. And she doesn't have to take off her clothes for them.

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Wut?????????????? 

Is that in the commentary that was found for the last episode above in the tweet?

I only spot checked it to see if it seemed new or real, and luckily, that was achieved pretty quickly.  Thankfully, I didn't have to listen to much at all. 

Do I even want to know what such a comment was in reference to?  After all, we're not forgetting the anatomy issues of Grey Worm, are we? 

OMG!!  I don't want to know, do I? 

I'm only going by what's been reported.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

You were brave to listen. The funny thing is all of that most likely won't happen that way in the books.

No Branbot as king of it all, no Sandra as queen of the extras, no Stepford small council, no Dany as Satan (or is it Jesus, after all, they said she died like him, pieta style).

Commenting on their own mess is like... nobody cares.

I do wonder if the uncensored version of the story is simply that Dany gets brutally murdered after winning other peoples' wars for them.  I'd hate it, but I'd still prefer it to her turning into Old Yeller.  

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Hmm, I just found this flitting by the TL on my default Twitter account, LOL  I'm guessing this is about DVD releases? 

Shouldn t it be about the book? At least I associate that expression with the book...

I have no idea what this season has to do with winter coming...

1 hour ago, divica said:

Shouldn t it be about the book? At least I associate that expression with the book...

I have no idea what this season has to do with winter coming...

As far as I remember, they are also releasing the entire series on discs, so that could be it.  I didn't say it actually made sense, but I'm wouldn't be surprised if that is it.  I thought the latest art and photo books were already out. 

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, no doubt they said the same about Sansa's "romance" with her "love interest" Ramsay Bolton. And you are right, we'd have to be really really bored to listen to Smug and Smarmy.

(Oh and what about Septa Unella? They love to throw this shit out there and forget about it.)

SHAME. SHAME. SHAME on D&D.

18 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

I know Sandra was grateful that Ramsay toughened her up by raping her, but did they actually say "love interest"?

On 11/26/2019 at 8:07 AM, SeanF said:

I know Sandra was grateful that Ramsay toughened her up by raping her, but did they actually say "love interest"?

Yeah, that and they said "romance dies" when he raped her...

They cut her own story where she became a woman on her own terms. They called her a child until it was time to rape her, then they had a rapist proclaim that rape made her a woman, and they refused to let her respond, so they gave a rapist the word on what makes her a woman, not her. Then they made her thank the rapist for doing so.

Apparently, there's a great deleted scene where one of Jon's soldiers  spits at Daenerys' feet, and Jon just shrugs it off, as you would when one of your men insults your Queen and Commander in Chief.

Mind you, I think we got six hours' worth of deleted scenes in the end.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Apparently, there's a great deleted scene where one of Jon's soldiers  spits at Daenerys' feet, and Jon just shrugs it off, as you would when one of your men insults your Queen and Commander in Chief.

Yes, I watched it, it's terrible. The scene shows several men working, Insullieds and Northerners. When Jon and Dany arrive, the Insullieds stand at attention, very straight, head held high, silent. And one of the northerners spits at Dany's feet, and NO ONE reacts…

1 minute ago, Nowy Tends said:

Yes, I watched it, it's terrible. The scene shows several men working, Insullieds and Northerners. When Jon and Dany arrive, the Insullieds stand at attention, very straight, head held high, silent. And one of the northerners spits at Dany's feet, and NO ONE reacts…

Even in any modern army, your superior officer would tear you off a strip for it.  Imagine if it was the Queen or US President.

In a medieval army, you'd be triced up for a flogging PDQ.

32 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Even in any modern army, your superior officer would tear you off a strip for it.  Imagine if it was the Queen or US President.

Ugh yeah they made the Northerners into assholes and Jon into a terrible and completely ineffective commander.  Like when his men just start rampaging and he can do nothing to stop them....King the North ain't what it used to be. 

56 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Mind you, I think we got six hours' worth of deleted scenes in the end.

47 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

44 minutes ago, SeanF said:

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Ugh yeah they made the Northerners into assholes and Jon into a terrible and completely ineffective commander.  Like when his men just start rampaging and he can do nothing to stop them....King the North ain't what it used to be. 

At first I thought this was more of the commentary discussions, but there's a deleted scene floating around?  Is it an official release, the deleted scene?

I'm not sure which is the worst idea, filming such a season, subjecting the actors to such stupidity and then not showing the scene, finishing the scene in any manner, not using the scene anyway, or............bothering to show it to us now.  WTF?? 

It does sound like just another one of the million plus scenes in the last season that make you ask:  Where is the rest of the scene?  What is this or that character's reaction?  Who talked about it?  Why did it happen?  What a friggin mess.

And yes, the more I think about it all, the more I'm not sure what I'm most pissed about, LOL  The Northerners being such terrible human beings, Jon just 'being,' or the unfinished quality of every scene. 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So, dare I ask, where can I find this lovely scene? 

Archived