Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

3 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Look at that stupid smile on Jon's face… :bang::bang::bang:

JEEZ!!  It reminds me of being mad at my husband, looking at him and going.......ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THIS SHIT????   The look on Danys face toward Jon. 

It reeks of the modern snark writing that the Ds leaned on more and more, until it was obvious that was most of what was left for them.  It doesn't seem of the established time and rules, and or total immersion into the reality of Westeros, does it? 

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I can't imagine Patton or Montgomery letting that pass. 

As  Cas Stark said, no wonder Jon had no control over his soldiers.

Jon Snow became like Dr Watson, right.  Just there to tell, or see, the story, not really be part of it, LOL  and Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

13 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

I can't find the link for all the deleted scenes, but for this particular scene:

Oh, and thanks for the link. 

I was curious if HBO, etc. released this stuff, or if they are just finding their way out on the internets.  Well, I'm kind of curious, not curious enough to go look it up yet.  :lmao:

I agree, they definitely relied on snark and winky winky nods to their audience almost exclusively+CGI effects.  I was glad they admitted that they saw the show as basically individual moments and so they didnt' worry about whether the connections worked or not, as the ranters have been saying for the last 3/4 years.  It is still amazing the show was as good as it was for as long as it was, before the showrunners mentality completely eclipsed that of the books and ended with a crash and burn.

More words of wisdom:-

"One of the things that Dan and I hoped to accomplish with this series was the sense of a show with a real beginning, middle, and end."

Here's hoping that sales of the Season 8 box set tank.  This is the first season where I'm not buying it.

Good grief that scene is stupid. How would Jon or Dany let that stand and why the hell is Jon smiling?

I mean, yeah, they deleted it, but the fact they wrote it in the first place is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

"One of the things that Dan and I hoped to accomplish with this series was the sense of a show with a real beginning, middle, and end."

Here's hoping that sales of the Season 8 box set tank.  This is the first season where I'm not buying it.

Taking a dump has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Mission Accomplished.

I found a WIC article about the appearance of deleted scenes and History and Lore pieces in relation to the upcoming release of DVDs and Bluerays and such.

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/11/25/emila-clarke-says-game-thrones-gave-family-identity/

Not that it's telling me where to find more deleted scenes, Ahhhhhhhh

27 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Good grief that scene is stupid. How would Jon or Dany let that stand and why the hell is Jon smiling?

I mean, yeah, they deleted it, but the fact they wrote it in the first place is ridiculous. 

Yup, how could they, Jon and/or Dany, let something like that stand.  Then again, wouldn't it have been nice to know ANY of Jon's thoughts and feelings about learning about Lyanna and Rhaegar and himself?  Nah, we didn't need that, did we?  It's beyond ridiculous, how so many things were never examined in any kind of way.  It really was just a collection of scenes in the last season, not a full bodied story. 

Ah ha!!  I have found, perhaps, a few answers to things recently pondered. 

Here's a collection of some of the deleted and extended scenes all together, perhaps?  At the very end, into the last minute or so............we MAY have the answer to Missy and mystery dick?  Well, for me, it's a mystery if anyone hasn't yet figured out what Grey Worm does and doesn't have.  Also, again, an example of the modern snark of D&D, totally taking us out of the setting to get a little fan service, as well as..........Super Tyrion and Sansa in the crypts.  Hell, I thought we might get a line from the Starbucks cup, but alas, no.

Oddly, watching this 8 or so minutes made me sad.  It reminded me of all that could have and should have been.  It really is kinda sad. 

Also, you get to hear them yell:  ACTION!  LOL

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I went looking for info on where the new deleted scenes were coming from, but what I did find is WIC tweeting the HBO/GOT account on, yes, the new DVDs being promo'd right now.  I still haven't stumbled upon deleted scene info, yet. 

I want those dvd very far from me! I don t want to revive s8 in any way!

4 hours ago, SeanF said:

How can they not tank? The people that spend Money on this stuff are the ones that hated the series. I would bet every merchandizing related to GOT is basically dead. 

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Also, again, an example of the modern snark of D&D, totally taking us out of the setting to get a little fan service, as well as..........Super Tyrion and Sansa in the crypts. 

Those scenes were so weird. All the dialogue between missandei and danny in that scene just doesn t fit in GOT... It feels like a modern romantic comedy...

And tyrion and sansa let all the other people there die and decide to act to save missandei? I will never understand why people didn t band together in order to fight… A lot of that episode was written as if it was na ep of walking dead with people running from wights… It must be one of the worse written and directed episodes of the whole series.

Honestly, people usually say that when the expression "worst something in tv history"  is na exageration… On this case it is hard not to consider GOT8 the biggest disaster of tv history. It completly destroied one of the biggest fandoms that exist...

5 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Honestly, those scenes are a sad little collection.  I'm not sure why anyone would think them to be some type of a bonus in any way. 

To keep the hate and desapointment alive until house of the dragon is released.

W.R.T. D & D's "woman problem" it's not just about the enjoyment of sexual violence, the belief that rape makes you stronger, that sex slaves enjoy their work.

Every woman who seeks political power is dangerous and immoral (Dany, Cersei, Olenna, Ellaria, even Margaery to an extent). Sandra was okay because she was given her crown by men.

5 hours ago, SeanF said:

W.R.T. D & D's "woman problem" it's not just about the enjoyment of sexual violence, the belief that rape makes you stronger, that sex slaves enjoy their work.

Every woman who seeks political power is dangerous and immoral (Dany, Cersei, Olenna, Ellaria, even Margaery to an extent). Sandra was okay because she was given her crown by men.

And they shut the women up, too. She's a puppet in their hands, to put herself down or praise them via their surrogates when they put her down.

If a woman is a good sport and goes along with the writers' BS, that's no guarantee she lives, but it helps. Thanking rapists is a plus.

I saw the scene where Dany is killed again (by accident), and it will never not be hilariously obvious they are afraid to let women speak as exemplified in this moment.

Who doesn't let a dying person say something? "Rosebud" anyone? "I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." Nope, no last words for a main character of the series.

Two blowhards decide her fate, after talking about how one got to screw her, and one did not (Tyrion: "I love her, not as successfully as you" is if not their worst line right up there).

So the last words she hears on earth is some ineffectual bozo patronizing her, you're my queen, right before he murders her and becomes a kinslayer, no one is more cursed, but whatever.

He puts her down like a dog, but he is the dog. It's a Judas move. And he's dumber than a dog, and has been ever since they gave Jon a small cock out of spite.

And the last words of the series are their boys, Tyrion and Bronn, blathering about brothels. They shut up the prostitutes, too. They made the sex slave beg Tyrion, that says it all.

5 hours ago, SeanF said:

And they didn’t give power to her the first time around in Season 6. 

On the other hand, we see what happens when someone who doesn’t seek political power gets political power. His name was Robert Baratheon and we know what happened with that. Did they forget their own plot?

47 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

And they shut the women up, too. She's a puppet in their hands, to put herself down or praise them via their surrogates when they put her down.

If a woman is a good sport and goes along with the writers' BS, that's no guarantee she lives, but it helps. Thanking rapists is a plus.

I saw the scene where Dany is killed again (by accident), and it will never not be hilariously obvious they are afraid to let women speak as exemplified in this moment.

Who doesn't let a dying person say something? "Rosebud" anyone? "I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." Nope, no last words for a main character of the series.

Two blowhards decide her fate, after talking about how one got to screw her, and one did not (Tyrion: "I love her, not as successfully as you" is if not their worst line right up there).

So the last words she hears on earth is some ineffectual bozo patronizing her, you're my queen, right before he murders her and becomes a kinslayer, no one is more cursed, but whatever.

He puts her down like a dog, but he is the dog. It's a Judas move. And he's dumber than a dog, and has been ever since they gave Jon a small cock out of spite.

And the last words of the series are their boys, Tyrion and Bronn, blathering about brothels. They shut up the prostitutes, too. They made the sex slave beg Tyrion, that says it all.

"At least Judas had the decency to hang himself"

Archived