Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

she honed her skills as a fire mage and learned such tricks as the wireless ignition of thousands of arakhs.   

Ignition of the arakhs

120 mana

Instant

Requires Fire Mage

Sets all the weapons of the raid members on fire for 1 minute, with no tangible results

An extremely weak spell, according to Icy-Veins.com…

The articles where they try to make sense of the show are putting more thought into it than Benioff/Weiss.

(I guess someone told them to come up with click bait but still... that's beating a dead white horse.)

(Just spotted a ton of articles trying to explain the horse... and in the script it was just a way to teleport to Winterhell, then they forgot about it.)

8 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

The articles where they try to make sense of the show are putting more thought into it than Benioff/Weiss.

(I guess someone told them to come up with click bait but still... that's beating a dead white horse.)

Ultimately, it's like trying to put lipstick on a pig.

One can't rationalise the irrational.  I guess I'm just scratching the surface, but taking Seasons 7 & 8 together, why did:-

1. Cersei face no consequences for blowing up the Great Sept?

2.  Tyrion give consistently useless advice to Dany?

3.  Tyrion trust Cersei to the end?

4. Cersei show no evidence of pregnancy?

5. Drogon fly past the Wall at the speed of Concorde?

6. Dany burn down a city for no military purpose?

7.  Jaime's redemption arc go nowhere?

8. The Branbot become king?

9. Sam become Grand Maester with no qualifications?

10.  Dany forget the Iron Fleet, despite talking about it a few days previously?

11.  Jon give up his crown to Dany, after she offered to aid the North and waive her claim?

12.  Jon subsequently blame Dany before his lords for making him bend the knee?

13. Bronn become Master of Coin with no qualifications?

14. Grey Worm not kill Jon?

15.  The Branbot fail to warn Dany and Jon of dangers?

16.  Arya become a xenophobe?

17.  The lords all agree to Northern independence?

18.  Jon become a treacherous coward?

19.  The lords allow Tyrion, a prisoner, to address them?

20. Varys broadcast treason at the top of his voice?

21. Ser Davos propose that a eunuch found a great House?

etc.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:50 AM, BlackLightning said:

I think Tyrion's death is something that was foreshadowed way back in A Game of Thrones. Remember when he was attacked by the direwolves in Winterfell? I think the Stark children will be his downfall. Everyone thinks that the giant imagery is referring to Littlefinger when it's actually Tyrion.

Does that mean Sansa gets to slay him?

12 hours ago, SeanF said:

Ultimately, it's like trying to put lipstick on a pig.

One can't rationalise the irrational.  I guess I'm just scratching the surface, but taking Seasons 7 & 8 together, why did:-

1. Cersei face no consequences for blowing up the Great Sept?

2.  Tyrion give consistently useless advice to Dany?

3.  Tyrion trust Cersei to the end?

4. Cersei show no evidence of pregnancy?

5. Drogon fly past the Wall at the speed of Concorde?

6. Dany burn down a city for no military purpose?

7.  Jaime's redemption arc go nowhere?

8. The Branbot become king?

9. Sam become Grand Maester with no qualifications?

10.  Dany forget the Iron Fleet, despite talking about it a few days previously?

11.  Jon give up his crown to Dany, after she offered to aid the North and waive her claim?

12.  Jon subsequently blame Dany before his lords for making him bend the knee?

13. Bronn become Master of Coin with no qualifications?

14. Grey Worm not kill Jon?

15.  The Branbot fail to warn Dany and Jon of dangers?

16.  Arya become a xenophobe?

17.  The lords all agree to Northern independence?

18.  Jon become a treacherous coward?

19.  The lords allow Tyrion, a prisoner, to address them?

20. Varys broadcast treason at the top of his voice?

21. Ser Davos propose that a eunuch found a great House?

etc.

There are a ton of questions about the other characters, too, but since they are all just pod people, we could start there, why did they make them aliens.

On 12/7/2019 at 7:42 AM, Le Cygne said:

There are a ton of questions about the other characters, too, but since they are all just pod people, we could start there, why did they make them aliens.

D & D's latest explanation for Dany's burning of Kings Landing is that she's exporting a revolution around the world.  I've often thought that the ending they gave to her story had a lot to do with their political opinions;  ie reformers become tyrants;  injustice is just the way of the world;  sensible people just suck it up. 

As well as being compared to Satan, Jesus, and Hitler, now she's Leon Trotsky.

Given Martin's own political leanings, that's another reason to envisage he has a different ending in mind.

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

D & D's latest explanation for Dany's burning of Kings Landing is that she's exporting a revolution around the world.  I've often thought that the ending they gave to her story had a lot to do with their political opinions;  ie reformers become tyrants;  injustice is just the way of the world;  sensible people just suck it up. 

Given Martin's own political leanings, that's another reason to envisage he has a different ending in mind.

Let's not forget honor is stupid and gets you killed! They just have a ton of nasty ways of looking at things and insecurities they projected onto the story (Freud would have a field day with their shitty attitudes toward women and their cock obsessions).

On 12/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, Le Cygne said:

(Freud would have a field day with their shitty attitudes toward women and their cock obsessions).

I agree. Actually this attitude was already in place as early as season 1, I guess it was less disturbing because the story was captivating…

7 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

No Game of Thrones best drama nom for the Golden Globes.

“Game of Thrones,” which crowned its final season earlier this year with its fourth Emmy victory for outstanding drama, was cut out of the Globes’ best drama category, and scored only one major nomination in the best actor in a drama category — for Kit Harington.

Is kit nominated because of his new gig with Marvel? 

Don t take me wrong, I think he is one of the few actors with enough acting time and lines to be nominated. But it is strange he is the only one

7 hours ago, Darryk said:

Glad it didn't get nominated for best series, but Kit the only member of the cast with a nomination? Maybe it's because they know he "doesn't want it".

It's very satisfying how the reputation of this series has nose-dived.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:03 AM, SeanF said:

Lame

If they felt that way, they should've put that in. It would've taken...what? 10 minutes of screentime at the bare minimum...

On 12/8/2019 at 11:41 AM, Le Cygne said:

Let's not forget honor is stupid and gets you killed! They just have a ton of nasty ways of looking at things and insecurities they projected onto the story (Freud would have a field day with their shitty attitudes toward women and their cock obsessions).

They're shit people.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:08 PM, Mindwalker said:

Does that mean Sansa gets to slay him?

Yeah I think so.

I think Littlefinger's death in the show will be Tyrion's death in the books. I can see Sansa using her connections with the nobility to turn the tables on Tyrion and then have him be executed. Sansa might not be able to do it (she's still legally tied to Tyrion and she'd be smart enough to not risk a kinslayer reputation) but Arya and maybe even Bran would be eager to pick up the slack.

37 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

Lame

If they felt that way, they should've put that in. It would've taken...what? 10 minutes of screentime at the bare minimum...

They're shit people.

Yeah I think so.

I think Littlefinger's death in the show will be Tyrion's death in the books. I can see Sansa using her connections with the nobility to turn the tables on Tyrion and then have him be executed. Sansa might not be able to do it (she's still legally tied to Tyrion and she'd be smart enough to not risk a kinslayer reputation) but Arya and maybe even Bran would be eager to pick up the slack.

They can't decide whether Daeneys is a Nazi tyrant, or a communist tyrant, so they adopt elements of both.

Archived