Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

On 6/7/2020 at 5:23 AM, Ghostlydragon said:

Not getting any scene where Jon tries to come to terms with that information, him struggling to take it in, how he wouldn't believe it was true at first. Why didn't we get to see any if that. Same for Jon telling his 'sisters' that as well.

And how what R&L did caused the deaths of thousands but the show just treated it as a Romeo and Juliet love story was awful. And how they decided that the Rebellion was based solely on Robert loving a woman who didn'tlove him was ridiculous.

I think it was a failing on their part that he didn’t tell them onscreen. 

Plain and simple: Bran’s a liar.

Something that's bugged me lately. In ep 1, why are tyrion and varys riding in a carriage. Tyrion knows how to ride horses as he enters the Vale on one. And Varys surely knows how to.

Were they the only ones in Team Targaryen that did that? Even Missandei rode a horse. Those carriages are usually designed for the ladies to ride in, e.g. Cersei and her handmaidens in the first episode. Seems like they were making Tyrion even more useless, despite him being D&D's self insert/mary sue character.

Anyone else bothered by this?

9 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

we don’t need to wait for book seven to prove they’re liars.

You think we will have book 7?

Let's see if WOW is ready by July 29… 

2 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Anyone else bothered by this?

Not really: we never see Varys riding (not even in the books, I believe) and tbh he's the type of person who travels in a cosy carriage…

Tyrion has to be with him to make the dick jokes he could hardly make if he were riding near the Queen or Greyworm… :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Question about Seasons 7 and 8: How come ballistae are treated as new technology? The Night's Watch has one (which they used on Dongo) and the Dornish had at least one since it was used to shoot down Meraxes.

What is the diference between that and a giant with a bow? 

Would a few giants kill all dragons? 

On 6/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, divica said:

What is the difference between that and a giant with a bow? 

Would a few giants kill all dragons? 

It's certainly possible that a giant could kill a dragon, since the dragons' durability is greatly reduced in the show; in the books the only way to kill a dragon is the eyes. But that doesn't factor in that the Dornish managed to bring down a dragon, though nobody likes to talk about Dorne...

58 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

It's certainly possible that a giant could kill a dragon, since the dragons' durability is greatly reduced in the show; in the books the only way to kill a dragon is the eyes. But that doesn't factor in that the Dornish managed to bring down a dragon, though nobody likes to talk about Dorne...

Dorne? Oh right, that part of the title sequence that just looked like a small village, haha.

10 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Dorne? Oh right, that part of the title sequence that just looked like a small village, haha.

Certainly no slouches in the Histories and Lore, even unto Season 7‘s featurette on Conquests and Rebellion since Varys mentions them shooting down Meraxes.

42 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

My own view is that their decision to vilify Daenerys was only taken very late in the day.  

In Season 3 and 4 commentaries they were still going on about how "she's a heroine, the good Targaryen".  Hell, as late as Season 7 they're saying "she's not her father".

Daenerys' decision in Season 7 to fight the Others without pressing her claim to the North was then retconned in Season 8 into Jon implying he had no choice but to bend the knee if he wanted her aid.  They dropped broad hints about their having a child, which went nowhere etc.

But, yes, D & D are just full of shit.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

My own view is that their decision to vilify Daenerys was only taken very late in the day.  

In Season 3 and 4 commentaries they were still going on about how "she's a heroine, the good Targaryen".  Hell, as late as Season 7 they're saying "she's not her father".

Daenerys' decision in Season 7 to fight the Others without pressing her claim to the North was then retconned in Season 8 into Jon implying he had no choice but to bend the knee if he wanted her aid.  They dropped broad hints about their having a child, which went nowhere etc.

But, yes, D & D are just full of shit.

I'm pretty sure if the Jon-Dany ending has any basis in George's ideas/concepts - and isn't just a bad ripoff of The Hunger Games (which is actually more likely) - then this is the Jaime-Cersei ending, since chances are that even if Jaime sort of completely breaks with Cersei he is not going to be eager to murder her. And a deluded, half-mad Cersei might indeed be glad to see Jaime again, just as the show Dany was happy that Jon Snow loved her and wanted to be with her. After all, Jaime and Cersei are twin siblings and that bond is never going to be severed completely, even if both ended up marrying/loving other people.

If I had to guess Jaime is also going to use this kind of routine to get close enough to Cersei to kill her - if he is the valonqar which I actually consider a given.

We are not going to get two queens being killed in the same manner by their lovers/close kin at the end of the series. That's not going to happen.

Overall, I think the entire Dany thing is just the last of those many 'cheap twists' they came up - like the death of Doran Martell or the murder of Myrcella, the bombing of the Great Sept, or the Arya thing with the Lich King.

On the political level the show broke down when they cut the Aegon plot, botched Dorne, and did not introduce Euron as a proper villain while also completely ruining the Tyrells and the High Septon. Not to mention Littlefinger and stuff, but that's an earlier thing.

To go out with a cheap but - sort of - unexpected twist it made sense in the framework of the story to make one of the good guys a bad guy.

That was the way to get some sort of 'Red Wedding' feeling back into the last season.

Some Kit clips if anyone is interested. Apparently some fans had a zoom with him (maybe a contest or something?)

Still hasn't seen the final season: https://twitter.com/purple_dwagon/status/1265090930555514881

"They wanted Jon with Sansa? What? That is weird!": https://twitter.com/purple_dwagon/status/1265046694174941184

Trying to justify Jon ending up where he started: https://twitter.com/purple_dwagon/status/1265100025597575168

8 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Some Kit clips if anyone is interested. Apparently some fans had a zoom with him (maybe a contest or something?)

Still hasn't seen the final season: https://twitter.com/purple_dwagon/status/1265090930555514881

"They wanted Jon with Sansa? What? That is weird!": https://twitter.com/purple_dwagon/status/1265046694174941184

Trying to justify Jon ending up where he started: https://twitter.com/purple_dwagon/status/1265100025597575168

Did Kit say that? Oh my beloved Old Gods, I love that! :lol:

Archived