Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

10 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Sunk Cost Fallacy.

After charming HBO into trusting them, after the first pilot failed they just had to point out "if you ever want to see a return on your investment, you'll prop us up as figureheads by hiring the best directors and production staff you can find".

A LOT of Seasons 1 to 4 actually wasn't going smoothly behind-the-scenes - but HBO hushed it up to maintain the value of the "Game of Thrones" brand name.

That doesn't really explain how so many elements of the show were good or great for so long, even the last clusterfuck of a season the CGI and effects were fantastic.  The question is, why would HBO 'hush up' the fact that their showrunners were absolute asshole hacks, since they had no previous experience, they were nobodies, and not replace them.  And further, how did they manage to assemble a team of great casting people, great effects people, mostly great actors, good or great directors, and a true genius writing the music...almost all of whom remain loyal?

I can see that Benioff would be both great in a meeting and is probably a good judge of talent, but it still beggars belief that these two fakers not only kept their jobs and their autonomy at HBO but that they managed someone to put together a show that was very good for its first 4 seasons.  Lastly, there was no real GOT 'brand' until the Red Wedding.  The show had steadily increased its audience and its cache, but it was nothing like the crazy juggernaut it become at season 4, which again, is when the whole thing fell apart artistically.

17 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That doesn't really explain how so many elements of the show were good or great for so long, even the last clusterfuck of a season the CGI and effects were fantastic.  The question is, why would HBO 'hush up' the fact that their showrunners were absolute asshole hacks, since they had no previous experience, they were nobodies, and not replace them.  And further, how did they manage to assemble a team of great casting people, great effects people, mostly great actors, good or great directors, and a true genius writing the music...almost all of whom remain loyal?

I can see that Benioff would be both great in a meeting and is probably a good judge of talent, but it still beggars belief that these two fakers not only kept their jobs and their autonomy at HBO but that they managed someone to put together a show that was very good for its first 4 seasons.

Talented actors, directors, and a composer can cover a lot of cracks.

Even in the last seasons, there are individual scenes that come over well because they are well acted and directed - provided you ignore the fact that they contradict what has previously been established, or don't lead anywhere, or are based upon completely far-fetched premises.

I thought that actually Sansa's story at Winterfell in Season 5 was quite good, provided you ignored the sheer absurdity of her agreeing to marry Ramsay Bolton.  Or Cersei persuading the Reach lords to switch sides was well done - provided you ignored the fact that she'd just murdered Margaery Tyrell, half the nobility, and the High Sparrow.  Dany obliterating Kings Landing was visually spectacular, even if there was no sense to it, and provided you ignore "I've never known bells to mean surrender." Nothing can redeem the wight hunt, though, or the scorpions being more effective than modern surface to air missiles one episode, and useless the next.

45 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Even in the last seasons, there are individual scenes that come over well because they are well acted and directed - provided you ignore the fact that they contradict what has previously been established, or don't lead anywhere, or are based upon completely far-fetched premises.

I thought that actually Sansa's story at Winterfell in Season 5 was quite good, provided you ignored the sheer absurdity of her agreeing to marry Ramsay Bolton.  Or Cersei persuading the Reach lords to switch sides was well done - provided you ignored the fact that she'd just murdered Margaery Tyrell, half the nobility, and the High Sparrow.  Dany obliterating Kings Landing was visually spectacular, even if there was no sense to it, and provided you ignore "I've never known bells to mean surrender." Nothing can redeem the wight hunt, though, or the scorpions being more effective than modern surface to air missiles one episode, and useless the next.

Sansa's WF arc was the last straw for me, it was SO SO stupid on the part of every person involved in it, Sansa, Roose, Ramsay, Littlefinger, Brienne, everyone, that I couldn't get past it.  

season 5 was when I fundamentally changed from someone who loved the show but was frustrated by the many, many stupid 'own goal' errors the show made into someone who watched the show mostly to mock its many stupidities until finally I stopped even watching it when it aired for the last 2 years. 

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I can see that Benioff would be both great in a meeting and is probably a good judge of talent, but it still beggars belief that these two fakers not only kept their jobs and their autonomy at HBO but that they managed someone to put together a show that was very good for its first 4 seasons.  Lastly, there was no real GOT 'brand' until the Red Wedding.  The show had steadily increased its audience and its cache, but it was nothing like the crazy juggernaut it become at season 4, which again, is when the whole thing fell apart artistically.

I think in the earlier years they had grrm protecting them from HBO because they were able to gain his trust. And s1 only had 2 or 3 actors with a big name... And some of those people you are talking about had worked previously with HBO. For example I think several got directors worked in Rome. Even the gci people probably have contracts for other HBO series like westworld. 

However after 4 or 5 seasons GOT's success brought them a lot of power in the industry. Enough for them to push grrm out of the series. I think a little bit of grrm must have died while watching s8. I still remember how passive aggressive he was while it was airing. For example a post how avengers were able to make all characters matter the day after the short night aired... 

The truth is that pre s8 D&D were really very powerful people in Hollywood. Even now they still have a lot of clout. We will need the upcoming project to crash in order for them to start losing some of their protection 

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Sansa's WF arc was the last straw for me, it was SO SO stupid on the part of every person involved in it, Sansa, Roose, Ramsay, Littlefinger, Brienne, everyone, that I couldn't get past it.

Sansa's WF plot was other example of how much they suck as writers. It could have worked? Without a doubt. But they would need to merge the vale and northern storylines making Sansa and LF try to gain the control of the north with some plots while Sansa married ramsay. And the ending result could be exactly the same with Sansa losing, but at least her behavior would make sense... 

However, the biggest problem from Sansa's story is that it was awful for the rest of the series. Sansa lost her story and whatever character joined her was sucked into a black hole of stupidity (Jon, Arya, LF...). Besides the fact that we needed characters from the vale in the next seasons to lead the army of the vale and show what the hell the vale wants. 

10 hours ago, SeanF said:

Their many shortcomings were papered over with the money HBO threw at the show.

There are many reports that Benioff/Weiss weren't even good at letting good people do their thing. Lots of examples of that.

As for Sansa, everything about it was absurd. We've gone through the mountain of absurdities throughout that "plot" many times on these threads. The whole thing from start to finish was a hatchet job not only on Sansa but on the viewers, straight to the head.

As for Cersei, that was laughable. As for Dany, that was more of what they did to Sansa, they dehumanized her. There's really nothing redeeming or spectacular about any of this. Many other shows manage quite well to tell a story AND have high production values.

They gift-wrapped an empty box. (Actually it's worse than that, it was a box full of crap.)

16 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

season 5 was when I fundamentally changed from someone who loved the show but was frustrated by the many, many stupid 'own goal' errors the show made into someone who watched the show mostly to mock its many stupidities until finally I stopped even watching it when it aired for the last 2 years. 

Exactly. And why would Roose Bolton do it? He is rebelling against the iron throne and why? Because Lannister power is really weak now and Littlefinger is willing to help him? The Vale army and North (and maybe the Riverlands) armies combined will probably lose and taking that risk is not worth it, especially after those armies have been seriously damaged in the war (except for the Vale of course but that might not matter. After all Dorne are allied with the Lannisters and their numbers are just as strong as the Vale and perhaps more so).

It clearly was all about using the Theon story with a major character and not caring about how it didn't make sense.

3 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Exactly. And why would Roose Bolton do it? He is rebelling against the iron throne and why? Because Lannister power is really weak now and Littlefinger is willing to help him? The Vale army and North (and maybe the Riverlands) armies combined will probably lose and taking that risk is not worth it, especially after those armies have been seriously damaged in the war (except for the Vale of course but that might not matter. After all Dorne are allied with the Lannisters and their numbers are just as strong as the Vale and perhaps more so).

It clearly was all about using the Theon story with a major character and not caring about how it didn't make sense.

I Don t remember what the series said. But like it happens in the books roose would want a Stark bride for ramsay in order to appease the northern lords that are pro Stark. This way the starks would still have blood ruling the north. 

The part I agree with you is that once again using Sansa brings a lot of problems because Cersei wants her dead. The idea that she wouldn t do anything when she knows Sansa is in the north is idiotic. At the very least she would send some people to kill her... 

7 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Yeah, in the books, the Boltons are in league with the Lannisters, they gave them the North to hold. But on the show, of course, everything is different and for no reason at all. One of the show slogans should be For No Reason At All.

They were all doing stupid things. Littlefinger of course, but also the Boltons. Not only did Roose have no reason to rebel against the Lannisters, he never would have let Littlefinger go. He'd be hanging in the yard.

All they did was glorify Super Ramsay (they called him a "badass"!) at the expense of Sansa, who was just a body to them. Stannis was no match for him, even though Ramsay can't even handle a sword properly in the books.

They glorified psychopaths. Littlefinger, Ramsay, and Cersei ruled the show, they gave them free reign to say and do whatever they wanted, with no commentary from them about how horrible it was. They just kept rewarding them.

Another slogan for the show: Be An Asshole, Too. Don't condemn the villains, join them.

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, in the books, the Boltons are in league with the Lannisters, they gave them the North to hold. But on the show, of course, everything is different and for no reason at all. One of the show slogans should be For No Reason At All.

They were all doing stupid things. Littlefinger of course, but also the Boltons. Not only did Roose have no reason to rebel against the Lannisters, he never would have let Littlefinger go. He'd be hanging in the yard.

All they did was glorify Super Ramsay (they called him a "badass"!) at the expense of Sansa, who was just a body to them. Stannis was no match for him, even though Ramsay can't even handle a sword properly in the books.

They glorified psychopaths. Littlefinger, Ramsay, and Cersei ruled the show, they gave them free reign to say and do whatever they wanted, with no commentary from them about how horrible it was. They just kept rewarding them.

Another slogan for the show: Be An Asshole, Too. Don't condemn the villains, join them.

I was just thinking. Neither roose or ramsay declared themselves kings despite rebeling against the lannisters. Very strange... 

43 minutes ago, divica said:

I was just thinking. Neither roose or ramsay declared themselves kings despite rebeling against the lannisters. Very strange... 

LMAO, oh why did you remind me that the Boltons blabbed about being Wardens of the North, you know, the title they got from the Lannister King, after Ramsay married Sansa.  The fuck you say?  You think you retained the title given to you by the people you just betrayed, and you're blabbing this title to other Northerners who already hate you and hate the Lannisters and also know the score.

I mean, come on.  Just come on.  Don't tell me that anyone worked and sweated and worked and tried their best to come up with that bullshit blatantly stupid set up.  That is people whose only faith in their audience is that the audience is stupid and doesn't care about anything beyond battles, speeches and naked women.

From James Hibberd's Book. A chapter named "Romance Dies" on the whole Ramsay-Sansa BS

GEORGE R. R. MARTIN (author, co–executive producer): Jeyne Poole was included in the pilot—she’s shown giggling next to Sansa—but she’s never seen or referred to again. I actually wrote Jeyne into “The Pointy End,” my first script, when Arya killed the stableboy. I had some stuff with Jeyne running to Sansa being all hysterical and dialogue in the council chamber with Littlefinger saying, “Give her to me, I’ll make sure she doesn’t cause any trouble.” That was dropped.

DAVID BENIOFF (showrunner): Sansa is a character we care about almost more than any other. We really wanted Sansa to play a major part in that season. If we were going to stay absolutely faithful to the book, it was going to be very hard to do that. There was a subplot we loved from the books, but it was a character not involved in the show. 

GEORGE R. R. MARTIN: I was trying to set up Jeyne for her future role as the false Arya. The real Arya has escaped and is presumed dead. But this girl has been in Littlefinger’s control for years, and he’s been training her. She knows Winterfell, has the proper northern accent, and can pose as Arya. Who the hell knows what a little girl you met two years ago looks like? When you’re a lord visiting Winterfell, are you going to pay attention to the little kids running around? So she can pull off the impersonation. Not having Jeyne, they used Sansa for that. Is that better or worse? You can make your decision there. Oddly, I never got pushback for that in the book because nobody cared about Jeyne Poole that much. They care about Sansa.

BRYAN COGMAN (co–executive producer): You have this storyline with Ramsay. Do you have one of your leading ladies—who is an incredibly talented actor we’ve followed for five years and viewers love and adore—do it? Or do you bring in a new character to do it? You use the character the audience is invested in.

GEORGE R. R. MARTIN: My Littlefinger would have never turned Sansa over to Ramsay. Never. He’s obsessed with her. Half the time he thinks she’s the daughter he never had—that he wishes he had, if he’d married Catelyn. And half the time he thinks she is Catelyn, and he wants her for himself. He’s not going to give her to somebody who would do bad things to her. That’s going to be very different in the books.

BRYAN COGMAN: Our Littlefinger is a bit more brazen than the backroom dealer in the books—not to say that one is better than the other. And Ramsay’s not known everywhere as a psycho. Littlefinger doesn’t have that intelligence on him. He just knows the Boltons are scary and creepy and not to be fully trusted.

DAVID BENIOFF: The interesting thing about Littlefinger is he seems to have almost no weaknesses aside from his affection for Sansa. He’s been obsessed with her. You could see he’s got an unhealthy interest in her since that early episode at the joust. But as much as Littlefinger might care for Sansa, he cares for nothing more than power and sees this as an opportunity to gain more power for himself.

ALFIE ALLEN (Theon Greyjoy): There’s a common theme with both [Sansa and Theon’s] storylines of leaving Winterfell and having these delusions of grandeur about where they’d end up. Theon thought he was going to become prince of the ironborn, and Sansa thought she would end up queen. Then they both ended up together back at Winterfell.

BRYAN COGMAN: The way we work is that David and Dan choose the episodes they want to write, and [Dave Hill and I] get the pick of the rest. I could have had poor Dave write it, but I felt a responsibility to Sophie. I felt and feel protective of her. I wanted to make sure it was sensitively handled, and I knew I would be the producer on set if I wrote it.

SOPHIE TURNER (Sansa Stark):When filming season five, Turner was excited about the scene, as it represented a dramatic turn for her character and provided an acting challenge. “Alex Graves was saying, ‘You get a love interest,’” she said at the time. “So I get the scripts and I was so excited and I was flicking through and then I was like, ‘Aw, are you kidding me?!’ I thought the love interest was going to be Jaime Lannister or somebody who would take care of me. Then I found out it was Ramsay and I’m back at Winterfell. I love the fact she’s back home reclaiming what’s hers. At the same time, she’s being held prisoner in her own home. I felt so bad for her, but I also felt excited because it was so sick, and being reunited with Theon too, and seeing how their relationship plays out. I think it’s going to be the most challenging season for me so far just because it’s so emotional. “I like getting my teeth into scenes,” Turner added. “There are scenes that are quite emotional and quite terrifying and uncomfortable, but I love doing them. If you can start with the uncomfortable and make the audience feel like that, that’s great.”

Everybody was just sympathetic. I had more “You’re my favorite character” than ever before, which is amazing, because before I used to get, “You’re my least favorite character.”

All of this is so fucking sick.....

And Bryan COGman said Sansa became queen in the north because she suffered a lot from ramsay. They throw Sansa a bone after destroyed her character . So the King of 6 kindons is total bullshit. 

Another insane quotes 

LIAM CUNNINGHAM (Davos Seaworth): There’s a streak in Benioff that’s willful. He likes to stir the shit. When we first meet Daenerys, Benioff and [director Mark Mylod] wanted Davos to have a crush on Missandei. And I fought them. “I’m not fucking doing it.” It’s the only thing I ever stood up to them on. The woman is a goddess, but with Davos’s history with Lyanna Mormont and Shireen, you can’t have him getting the hots for a young woman. I’m not 100 percent sure David wasn’t just doing it to annoy me. “You’re not undoing my hard work engendering the sympathy of the audience to have him be a perv.”

WTF... D&D's mind "lets erase the romance written by GRRM and lets make Davos and Missandei why not"

PILOU ASBÆK (Euron Greyjoy): It’s weird to be a fan of something and then to be a part of it. I watched every second of the first five seasons. It’s like seeing a beautiful girl in class for five years and then one day you talk to her and end up kissing her and then all of a sudden you’re married and then you’re in an old relationship and you try to make it work as best you can. When I did season six, I had some great lines at the [Iron Islands’ leader-selecting ceremony, the kingsmoot] that they took away. He was talking to Yara and had twenty more lines where he was being ruthless. He was doing a comedy show for the Iron Islands. Dan and David said, “This is too much.” So I had an idea for season seven. I said, “What if we made him a bit more like a rock star, where you don’t know if he’s going to kill you or fuck you?” The costume designer was totally into that and made his outfit more rock star–ish. And that’s how Euron Greyjoy went from looking like just another grumpy, scraggly ironborn brute to a darkly charming leather-and-guyliner-wearing buccaneer.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

PILOU ASBÆK: When I was talking to Cersei and Jaime in the throne room, I said, “So here I am with a thousand ships and two good hands.” Dan and David came up and said, “Take away ‘two good hands,’ it’s too much.” Because I had more confidence in season seven and felt like I belonged more, I went, “Guys, don’t take it. I know exactly how to be this. He’s gotta be charming, he’s gotta be arrogant, he’s gotta look Jaime right in the eye and say it with the biggest fucking smile—because he’s an idiot and a prick, and that’s what I like about the character.” They said, “Let’s try it out.” We did it, and then they said, “We’re so fucking happy you insisted on that.”

DAN WEISS: We really haven’t had somebody in the show who has a kind of rock-star swagger, who just doesn’t give a shit. Everyone else in this world cares very deeply, whether they’re awful, wonderful, or, like most of them, somewhere in between. To have somebody traipse onto the stage with the swagger and attitude that Euron had was a lot of fun because it lets air into the room. There aren’t many people who could do that convincingly.

"We wont adapt Book!Euron We'll make our own character coz we're better than GRRM"

DAVID BENIOFF: It had to be somebody with believable access to Valyrian steel. We didn’t want it to be Jon because he’s always saving the day. We talked about the Hound at one point, but we wanted his big thing to be Clegane Bowl. Ultimately it wouldn’t have felt right if it was Jon or Brienne or the Hound.

DAN WEISS: Then we put in Sam’s book from the Citadel how dragonglass had found its way into the design of implements when people didn’t even know what they were working with, and there’s a picture of Arya’s dagger.

DAVID BENIOFF: That dagger had been set up from the very beginning, and we knew Arya was going to get it at the end of season seven to kill Littlefinger. It had to be Arya. It goes back to the whole “not today” thing.

DAN WEISS: “What do you say to the god of death?” Well, the Night King is the closest embodiment of the god of death.

SuBvErTiNg ExPeCtAtIoNs. A showdown between Jon and The Night King would be too obvious... let's do CLEGANEBOWL.

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

WTF... D&D's mind "lets erase the romance written by GRRM and lets make Davos and Missandei why not"

Despicable stuff, but I have to ask, what romance written by GRRM?

Well if we go what they erase and adapted poorly what comes to mind is: Renly and Loras, Raeghar and Lyanna, Jaime and Brienne, Arianne and Arys, Alys karstark and Sigorn, Jon and Val....

16 hours ago, ThotKiller said:

From James Hibberd's Book. A chapter named "Romance Dies" on the whole Ramsay-Sansa BS

All of this is so fucking sick.....

And Bryan COGman said Sansa became queen in the north because she suffered a lot from ramsay. They throw Sansa a bone after destroyed her character . So the King of 6 kindons is total bullshit. 

Yeah, it's all truly sick. Hibberd turning that mishmash of out of context quotes into a defense of what the show did to women was seriously gross. Shame on them all.

This is Jeyne that Cogman is talking about, not Sansa, he wiped out Sansa and made her be Jeyne to Theon for multiple seasons, right down to giving her Jeyne's lines:

BRYAN COGMAN: We knew where we were going with Theon and Sansa for the next three, four seasons.

Where did you go, Cogman? You just swapped in her body and then made her cry a bunch. You erased Sansa from her own story and turned her into a Theon prop.

This is interesting from GRRM (he's said similar things before):

GEORGE R. R. MARTIN: My Littlefinger would have never turned Sansa over to Ramsay. Never. He’s obsessed with her. Half the time he thinks she’s the daughter he never had—that he wishes he had, if he’d married Catelyn. And half the time he thinks she is Catelyn, and he wants her for himself. He’s not going to give her to somebody who would do bad things to her. That’s going to be very different in the books.

Just read some more quotes from the book, and had to stop, I was laughing too hard. They just keep lying, spinning their retcons in this direction and that.

“George was none too pleased because in the books Marillion ends up being the patsy for Lysa Arryn’s murder, which happened in season four,” Bryan Cogman said. “David and Dan’s reasoning was it’s better television to have this minstrel whose tongue is ripped out be the minstrel that we’d spend the season with and that we’d figure out Lysa’s murder when we got to it, and we did.”

So they blew off the author, and they are too dumb to see that in doing so, THEY BLEW IT. No one cared about a gory scene with a random minstrel they barely noticed.

Also GRRM quickly smacks down the excuse that they couldn't be faithful to books 4 and 5, or characters would have to sit out a season. Combine them, duh:

GEORGE R. R. MARTIN: I thought Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons would be recombined, because you can’t separate them the way I did in the books, and I thought there were three seasons there. At the very least, two seasons. But they got through it all in one season because they eliminated so much. They really started taking shortcuts and cutting things.

Momoa took first-time showrunners D. B. Weiss and David Benioff's unprofessional handling of the situations in stride, though he needed to sometimes refuse their requests. Momoa recalled a time while shooting a Season 1 sex scene when he placed the intimacy pouch (which covers an actor's genitals in nude scenes) in Benioff's hand: "That was because David had been like, 'Momoa, just take it off!' You know, giving me s***. 'Sacrifice! Do it for your art!' I'm just like, 'F*** you, bro. My wife would be pissed. That's for one lady only, man.'"

Momoa added: "So afterward I ripped the thing off and kept it in my hand and gave him a big hug and a handshake and was like, 'Hey, now you have a little bit of me on you, buddy.'"

His scene partner, Daenerys Targaryen actress Emilia Clarke, has spoken at length about her uncomfortable experiences doing nudity on the show. "Because Jason had experience — he was an experienced actor who had done a bunch of stuff before coming on to this — he was like, ‘Sweetie, this is how it’s meant to be, this is how it’s not meant to be, and I’m going to make sure that that’s the f***ing gaze,’ Clarke said on the podcast Armchair Expert. "He was always like, ‘Can we get her a f***ing robe? She’s shivering!’ … He was so kind and considerate and cared about me as a human being.”

"I was so desperate to be the most professional actor I could be that I’d be like, 'Yeah, sure,' for anything they threw at me," Clarke said in Fire Cannot Kill a Dragon. “I’ll just cry about it in the bathroom later, whatever, you won’t know.”

The actress, who appeared fully nude in sex scenes and when Daenerys is "reborn" in fire alongside her dragons, spoke about the pressures of being an actress fresh from drama school on that set. “Those were tough days,” she said of the first season, adding, “I’ve had fights on set before where I’m like, ‘No, the sheet stays up.’"

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/game-of-thrones-cast-jason-momoa-nudity-sex-scenes

49 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Momoa took first-time showrunners D. B. Weiss and David Benioff's unprofessional handling of the situations in stride, though he needed to sometimes refuse their requests. Momoa recalled a time while shooting a Season 1 sex scene when he placed the intimacy pouch (which covers an actor's genitals in nude scenes) in Benioff's hand: "That was because David had been like, 'Momoa, just take it off!' You know, giving me s***. 'Sacrifice! Do it for your art!' I'm just like, 'F*** you, bro. My wife would be pissed. That's for one lady only, man.'"

Momoa added: "So afterward I ripped the thing off and kept it in my hand and gave him a big hug and a handshake and was like, 'Hey, now you have a little bit of me on you, buddy.'"

His scene partner, Daenerys Targaryen actress Emilia Clarke, has spoken at length about her uncomfortable experiences doing nudity on the show. "Because Jason had experience — he was an experienced actor who had done a bunch of stuff before coming on to this — he was like, ‘Sweetie, this is how it’s meant to be, this is how it’s not meant to be, and I’m going to make sure that that’s the f***ing gaze,’ Clarke said on the podcast Armchair Expert. "He was always like, ‘Can we get her a f***ing robe? She’s shivering!’ … He was so kind and considerate and cared about me as a human being.”

"I was so desperate to be the most professional actor I could be that I’d be like, 'Yeah, sure,' for anything they threw at me," Clarke said in Fire Cannot Kill a Dragon. “I’ll just cry about it in the bathroom later, whatever, you won’t know.”

The actress, who appeared fully nude in sex scenes and when Daenerys is "reborn" in fire alongside her dragons, spoke about the pressures of being an actress fresh from drama school on that set. “Those were tough days,” she said of the first season, adding, “I’ve had fights on set before where I’m like, ‘No, the sheet stays up.’"

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/game-of-thrones-cast-jason-momoa-nudity-sex-scenes

Benioff is another Harvey Weinstein.

23 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Benioff is another Harvey Weinstein.

I don't know if that is fair, Weinstein is now a convicted criminal and there were rumors about his gross behavior for decades.

Benioff is an arrogant hack who I believe enjoys seeing people feel uncomfortable and has a sophomoric sense of what is fun/funny, and uses his power to punish/reward people, again speculation, but being a jerk isn't the same as being a criminal.  

Archived