Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

7 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Remember how they'd joke about "haha, the dead stag that killed the direwolves' mother was actually a real dead stag, so it smelled bad?"

I always thought it was extremely strange that a stag, and a large one with spectacular antlers, came to be gutted right next to the set of a scene including a large stag gutted by a giant wolf. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

I'm going to finish the "everything we knew about the canceled Long Night prequel" video in a few days, to commemorate the one year anniversary of its cancelation.  Contains new leak info compiled by several sources and cross-referenced.

Hey Dragon. Thanks for these write ups. It's saving me buying the book alright.  And I look forward to your YouTube vids. I've made several liked comments before on them, e.g. I've never seen actors look so unhappy at an event. I'm bold fox btw. But I needed a more ASOIAF name for here.

But keep up the good work. It really is horrifying to see how easily someone could have died. Accidents happen in real shows like the walking dead but for a show that is run so badly, it's a miracle it never did (unless something horrible has been covered up.

6 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

I'm going to finish the "everything we knew about the canceled Long Night prequel" video in a few days, to commemorate the one year anniversary of its cancelation.  Contains new leak info compiled by several sources and cross-referenced.

Thanks for these.  I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.  @The hairy bearhas already given us the details of sexual harassment.

I watched the cast and crew on Conan O Brien, and I was shocked at how lifeless everything seemed. Seriously, almost the entire cast was dull and had nothing to say (no funny anecdotes, fond memories, affection for each other).... having watched similar content from other shows like BSG, Lost, Spartacus etc., it really struck me how tepid and awkward this one was. Apart from the guy who plays Sam and perhaps Iain Glen, no one looked satisfied or happy about the experience. Compare this to BSG, where even more than a decade post-show you have the cast hanging out and doing zoom catch-ups, the difference is glaring. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

The point is that this thread is to complain about the show, whichever way one feels like complaining, not to debate whatever. 

So, no reply to each other then? Just complain? Because every reply is a debate, no? I complain :P

8 minutes ago, Dalinar said:

So, no reply to each other then? Just complain? Because every reply is a debate, no? I complain :P

Debate v. discussion is subjective, depending on the moderators.  I'm not sure why your comment needed 'policing' though, we already know that it was a grueling shoot, we know that some cast members did become friends, and that chaos/personalities/conflict on a set doesn't necessarily lead to a bad product.  More telling to me is that still, after the debacle of the final season, no one for the most part is willing to spill any tea beyond giving some details on what was already known if not widely reported.  The one thing I am interested in....how many people realized the last season was terrible, and what if anything did they do or say to HBO, and what was the reaction...is largely absent.  

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Debate v. discussion is subjective, depending on the moderators.  I'm not sure why your comment needed 'policing' though, we already know that it was a grueling shoot, we know that some cast members did become friends, and that chaos/personalities/conflict on a set doesn't necessarily lead to a bad product.  More telling to me is that still, after the debacle of the final season, no one for the most part is willing to spill any tea beyond giving some details on what was already known if not widely reported.  The one thing I am interested in....how many people realized the last season was terrible, and what if anything did they do or say to HBO, and what was the reaction...is largely absent.  

Even if you were an HBO executive thinking "D & D can't write credible plots, or good characterisation, but they can pull off brilliant action sequences, and we'll rely on the actors and composer to bridge the gaps" - you'd think alarm bells would be rung about Episode 3.  They've got the Battle of Helms Deep, and the Battle of Blackwater to compare it with, after all.

Just now, SeanF said:

Even if you were an HBO executive thinking "D & D can't write credible plots, or good characterisation, but they can pull off brilliant action sequences, and we'll rely on the actors and composer to bridge the gaps" - you'd think alarm bells would be rung about Episode 3.  They've got the Battle of Helms Deep, and the Battle of Blackwater to compare it with, after all.

Honestly, I blame the critics, while by the last 1.5 seasons you saw a lot of "GOT not as great as it once was" the show continued to get overwhelmingly positive reviews, and the things they were criticized for were really side political issues related to race/sex/violence/women... not the basis of plot, continuity, story, character.  Even the first 2 episodes of season 8 the critics were still fawning over it.  Only when out of nowhere did the hero, as she was presented, go nuts, did critics finally pan the show, but by then, too late, and that criticism was somewhat tinged with hysteria.  

Which is a long winded way of saying that probably HBO wasn't going to interfere when the show continued to gain audience and the critics continued to 'emperor has no clothes' praise it. 

6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I haven't figured out how this forum works yet. The reply I got seemed a little wierd. But Ok. In my opinion it also makes no sense to have a board or topic where you can not debate. But Ok. The rules are the rules. I am honestly not sure if I am breaking any rule by replying to you right now. 

16 hours ago, Dalinar said:

The Beeaking Bad Crew also never made a funny Conan apearance. Let alone the Sopranos or the Wire Crew. The cast of "Apocalypse Now" wanted to kill each other. Your point regarding of the quality is? 

Where did I say anything about other show’s casts making appearances on Conan? Not sure what you mean by that. I think my point was pretty clear, thanks. 

Archived