Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

Just saw Kenneth Brannagh's Henry V from 1989 again, and there was a great night battle you could actually see (as well as a great night before the final battle sequence).

Basically every movie it's like, yep, better than Game of Thrones. In every possible way. So many other productions are beautifully done and actually tell a story.

Here's a clip:

benioff is not worthy of my hate. i guess i disapprove of him rather thana ctually hating. (I do hate my computer; but that's another story or three.)

but the 300 extras on stage and stonehenge and 70 horses (70 cheetahs, as another dunnite suggested) and whatnot. if there's one mantra we've been repeating whilst reading FCKAD, it's "they could have done that in post-production!" followed by "they could have filmed that in the studio!"

Ha ha ha, not even gonna read any more of Cogman's tone deaf and self-serving nonsense.

After cutting the book story of how Sansa becomes a woman on her own terms, he actually gave a rapist a line saying that rape made her a woman, and never even let her say, I made me a woman. Cogman owns the "romance dies" storyline.

He took away her voice, except to make her praise his boy, St. Tyrion (who they made her prop up, along with Ramsay, Theon, and Littlefinger). Instead of celebrating her choice to reject him, as in the books, they took her choices away.

They made a woman all about what someone else did to her body. And they never let her make a choice. They bent over backwards to let Tommen and Pod embrace sexuality, but never Sansa. They never gave her that dignity and respect.

They blamed her for what they did to her, and none more vocally than Cogman, who said she was a hardened woman making a choice, and would just have to deal with it. She was a child to them until they made use of her body to prop up men.

They were basically following a Sansa hater's playbook. They only revisted her story with Sandor, with whom she has a detailed Beauty and the Beast story in the books that's central to her identity as a woman, to thank them for cutting her story.

In one of the worst moments on television, they made her thank a sex trafficker and rapist for making her a woman. And once again, everyone objected. Where was Cogman then? Defending the show, as usual. There is no defense.

They took away her story and made her a prop in I Spit on Ramsay's Grave (their take on a movie many critics dub the worst ever made). She was their puppet. Then they made her thank them for doing this to her. They are disgusting.

Cogman kept giving her Jeyne's lines in his episodes, making her prop up Theon all the way through season 8, and in doing so, he was serving himself. He continued to justify his mistakes, mocking anyone who dared object, as so many did.

He never listened. He even laughably defended making her rude, not even realizing courtesy armor was her thing. The nanny's husband made no effort to understand her, nor the many who objected. It was always about him, and it still is to this day.

(added the link)

57 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Ha ha ha, not even gonna read any more of Cogman's tone deaf and self-serving nonsense.

After cutting the book story of how Sansa becomes a woman on her own terms, he actually gave a rapist a line saying that rape made her a woman, and never even let her say, I made me a woman. Cogman owns the "romance dies" storyline.

He took away her voice, except to make her praise his boy, St. Tyrion (who they made her prop up, along with Ramsay, Theon, and Littlefinger). Instead of celebrating her choice to reject him, as in the books, they took her choices away.

They made a woman all about what someone else did to her body. And they never let her make a choice. They bent over backwards to let Tommen and Pod embrace sexuality, but never Sansa. They never gave her that dignity and respect.

They blamed her for what they did to her, and none more vocally than Cogman, who said she was a hardened woman making a choice, and would just have to deal with it. She was a child to them until they made use of her body to prop up men.

They were basically following a Sansa hater's playbook. They only revisted her story with Sandor, with whom she has a detailed Beauty and the Beast story in the books that's central to her identity as a woman, to thank them for cutting her story.

In one of the worst moments on television, they made her thank a sex trafficker and rapist for making her a woman. And once again, everyone objected. Where was Cogman then? Defending the show, as usual. There is no defense.

They took away her story and made her a prop in I Spit on Ramsay's Grave (their take on a movie many critics dub the worst ever made). She was their puppet. Then they made her thank them for doing this to her. They are disgusting.

Cogman kept giving her Jeyne's lines in his episodes, making her prop up Theon all the way through season 8, and in doing so, he was serving himself. He continued to justify his mistakes, mocking anyone who dared object, as so many did.

He never listened. He even laughably defended making her rude, not even realizing courtesy armor was her thing. The nanny's husband made no effort to understand her, nor the many who objected. It was always about him, and it still is to this day.

Their whole moral outlook is so warped, that when they thought they were making characters look good, they made them look worse.  They thought they were doing Sansa a favour by making her "a graduate of the Littlefinger School."

Rape makes you stronger is certainly one of the most unpleasant tropes in the show.  

On 11/27/2020 at 5:39 AM, SeanF said:

Their whole moral outlook is so warped, that when they thought they were making characters look good, they made them look worse.  They thought they were doing Sansa a favour by making her "a graduate of the Littlefinger School."

Rape makes you stronger is certainly one of the most unpleasant tropes in the show.  

The way they glorified St. Tyrion was doing favors. What they did to her was hell.

The scene in the movie people want to watch over and over again (hint: watch) was lit so the viewers could see it. Viewers, as in seeing things. Viewers, as in the people who are paying to see it. SEE IT.

Also, the light was from the same place as the music was a great answer. It blew right over Cogman's head, and that's hilarious. Hibberd's book should be in the comedy section. The comedy of errors.

18 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

And now this :

Even Ramin Djawadi is a fraud… it's endless…

Not surprised. I never thought this show was special, not the music, or the costumes, or the sets.

In other productions there is a unifying theme, these things complement the story, instead of competing for attention in all the wrong ways. GoT was all over the map, no one in charge pulled it all together as a coherent whole.

In other movies and shows, how beautiful the costumes, with colorful fabric and jewels, and how beautiful the castles with their tapestry and rich furnishings. And the music helped tell the story, because there was a story.

The interior of Winterfell always looked like a barn, they just stuck the candles without candle holders on picnic tables, wax dripping all over the place. And the women wore Romulan uniforms and chains. And the music was just music.

There was no story, which certainly didn't help, but there was also nothing special about any of this.

9 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Not surprised. I never thought this show was special, not the music, or the costumes, or the sets.

In other productions there is a unifying theme, these things complement the story, instead of competing for attention in all the wrong ways. GoT was all over the map, no one in charge pulled it all together as a coherent whole.

In other movies and shows, how beautiful the costumes, with colorful fabric and jewels, and how beautiful the castles with their tapestry and rich furnishings. And the music helped tell the story, because there was a story.

The interior of Winterfell always looked like a barn, they just stuck the candles without candle holders on picnic tables, wax dripping all over the place. And the women wore Romulan uniforms and chains. And the music was just music.

There was no story, which certainly didn't help, but there was also nothing special about any of this.

Very true. I'm pretty sure in a few years the whole show won't be remembered as the greatest show ever, which so many people thought when the show was at its most popular. The final season damaging the legacy to the most casual viewers has certainly helped.

But I honestly can't see even the most dedicated fans holding this at the same level as something like Breaking Bad.

Archived