Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 hour ago, $erPounce said:

This is so. A person with narcissistic personality disorder also automatically has a different view on some characters like book-Cersei than many others. We also see this in the TV series, which we can say is written from book-Cersei's POV.

The content was originally posted by u/wearenotlegion on Reddit. That was a good observation!

That deserves a chef's kiss.  They really did see Cersei as the tragic heroine of the tale, and the Lannisters as the people to emulate.

Save for one thing.  They made Tyrion their self insert.  He really was hyper-intelligent, it's just that his sister was even more brilliant than he was.  But, his heart was in the right place.  Through him we learned that killing people for reasons of revenge, and to advance one's family's interests, is a good thing, but killing members of the noble class who oppress slaves, was a bad, bad thing, and could only lead to urbicide.  We also learned that starving a city's inhabitants to death is humane, but taking a city by storm is nasty.  Fortunately, the Seven Kingdoms are going to be well-governed, by Cersei 2.0 in the North, and the Bran 9000 in the South, along with a clique of nobles who regard the Smallfolk as livestock.

8 hours ago, $erPounce said:

This is so. A person with narcissistic personality disorder also automatically has a different view on some characters like book-Cersei than many others. We also see this in the TV series, which we can say is written from book-Cersei's POV.

The content was originally posted by u/wearenotlegion on Reddit. That was a good observation!

That is perfect (at the link)! Spot on!!!

Cersei is "just a girl who needs the comfort of a man"!!!

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

That deserves a chef's kiss.  They really did see Cersei as the tragic heroine of the tale, and the Lannisters as the people to emulate.

Save for one thing.  They made Tyrion their self insert.  He really was hyper-intelligent, it's just that his sister was even more brilliant than he was.  But, his heart was in the right place.  Through him we learned that killing people for reasons of revenge, and to advance one's family's interests, is a good thing, but killing members of the noble class who oppress slaves, was a bad, bad thing, and could only lead to urbicide.  We also learned that starving a city's inhabitants to death is humane, but taking a city by storm is nasty.  Fortunately, the Seven Kingdoms are going to be well-governed, by Cersei 2.0 in the North, and the Bran 9000 in the South, along with a clique of nobles who regard the Smallfolk as livestock.

Oh that's true, that's off. A case could be made the show is through Tyrion's POV, too. Again, they'd have to make the Cersei exception.

17 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

the only thing being they apparently think tyrion brilliant -- *except* that he fell for dany. how was he to know she'd be retconned into being EVIL?

Good point about the Dany thing, they even gave him an excuse for that - if she hadn't been Satan, she'd have adored him like everyone else.

JON SNOW'S DEATH chapter

they made a big screaming thing of keeping jon's resurrection a secret. [i never had any doubt he was coming back.]

at first KH didn't know he was getting the rez, and even then he wasn't sure if he was coming back as a wolf or zombie. when he did know the truth he was required to lie to other cast members about it.

sophie turner wrote him a long touching letter. liam cunningham was cruder. "you don't have to tell me the truth; but s*d off." he never believed it for a moment. [neither did i, as i recall.]

KH's farewell speech was according to him not very moving. david nutter says it was a great speech.

when a cop caught KH speeding, he said he could get a ticket or he could tell him if jon was coming back. KH answered, so the cop said "as you were, lord commander!"

KH got into mild PR trouble when he "playfully gripped" [sic!] about the belfast cold, and remarked that belfast was knwn for the titanic, the most bombed hotel in [europe?], and the "most depressing TV show" in history. the belfasters apparently took some offence, so the crew started wearing T-shirts that read in front "you know cr*p-all, jon snow" and in back "GOT loves belfast".

the scripts for season 6 said "LC" for "jon snow" so the cast wouldn't know. someone came up w/ the hilarious joke of replacing that w/ (pardon me, ladies) "little cl*t". "i saw LC get up 20 times." [no comment!]

KH said  a propos of being resurrected after dozing off: "the GOT world is like a nightmare."

melisandre went from "die, witch, die!" to "will you marry me" and "america's sweetheart". this according to carice van houten.

all quotes are from memory, and i didn't read this but only heard it read.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:54 PM, Count Balerion said:

JON SNOW'S DEATH chapter

Ugh, that they felt so free to refer to female anatomy in such a nasty way in the workplace is very telling. HBO let it go on for years, bought them press and awards, and cashed in.

Jon Snow's death and resurrection was a big nothing. They had him tell Melisandre that if he dies again, don't bring him back. This foreshadowed nothing, too. Nothing is just nothing.

31 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

...much as I regret it, do you have the exact text of this paragraph on hand?

what are they even saying? That at some point someone burst out in the table read, “LC stands for little cock, hah ha!”??

or...or does “replacing” mean “physically wrote into the script printout, as a prank on Kit...and we literally did that on 20 separate, distinct occasions”?

What a wasted opportunity; they could have given Jon gold-painted boots, then he really would have been L.C. (Greenwood I mean).

Archived