Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

9 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Did Emilia Clarke just randomly get a brain aneurysm, or did she get a brain aneurysm because she was dehydrated filming in the desert? Due to simple negligence by D&D on basic safety protocols?

This is an unsavory line of questioning. Filming in Malta was wrapped in November of 2010, her aneurysm happened while she was training at a gym in London in February 2011. There's no question, and I'd prefer it if you stopped using this forum to launder baseless allegations of misconduct.

19 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

I'm referring to her second aneurysm, which she got while filming in a hot quarry in Croatia while filming on Season 2

The doctors detected the second potential aneurysm before she started S2, thought she could get back to work and that it was in all likelihood dormant, and it didn't actually become a problem for her until after S3. There's no connection. She had bad luck, and perhaps a genetic propensity. 

1 hour ago, Ran said:

The doctors detected the second potential aneurysm before she started S2, thought she could get back to work and that it was in all likelihood dormant, and it didn't actually become a problem for her until after S3. There's no connection. She had bad luck, and perhaps a genetic propensity. 

!!! Thank you.  I didn't know that at all. Well that puts a new context on everything.  I guess there was no connection.

THE PACK SURVIVES

the show had "planned the final two seasons". [really?]

arya in braavos was engaged in a "battle of wits with the waif". [really?]

maisie wanted to be really blind, or at least ish; so she wore two sets of contact lenses and made herself sore.

there was some discussion of arya's abilities and "how much of a super-assassin is arya exactly?" or as bryan cogman puts it "how much ninja warrior vs. how much humanity?"

maisie didn't hesitate to argue w/ the directors when she didn't agree w/ their interpretation of arya.

they mention hodor actor's back injury again. martin says in the books "hold the door" is different, and really means "guard the door".

brother ray's community are a "new age sect". [really?]

ed mcshane, the actor for brother ray, seems to have quite the character. he was so displeased with his burger that he kicked it and it went flying towards rory mccann, who had no complaints about his burger. catering on set improved after this.

mcshane is also the chap who said GOT was "t*ts and dragons".

some lovely bits about season 6, ep. 10:

the script was withheld until the table reading. weis kinda forgot to tell pryce he was going to die. [a pattern here]

lancel actor had to crawl through bat poo iirc. also he singed his eyebrows b/c they had real fire [!!!!!!!!!]

septa unella was going to be raped on camera, but they changed their minds ... without telling the actress. then they made her go through 8 hours of filming while being waterboarded. i don't think it was literal waterboarding, but still ... it was like drowning while the rest of the body was dry, and it was the actress's second worst experience after childbirth. she and lena heady had a laugh over it afterwards. [!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] [PS. !]

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

Their pranks just weren’t funny.  What’s the point of making two young girls cry, except to be an arsehole?  Practical jokes should only be played if the object of them can join in the laughter.

All in the name of secrecy, that was the point. Benioff and Weiss were obsessed with it, remember all the rumors of extra security surrounding the final season like feeding the actors lines via earpiece and bringing in actors from earlier parts of the show to Belfast (like the actor who played Jaqen H’ghar) just to throw off leaks?

my favourite bit in the pranks chapter is where they try to get a rise out of alfie allen ... and fail b/c he just acts cool and nonchalant about it.

it is weird how much incriminating stuff is in the book despite its being a puff piece. it's all a riot and D&D are "two wild and crazy guys" as we used to say.

i can't even w/ the waterboarding etc. i can't help wondering: couldn't they just have had the actress scream? as in pretend to be waterboarded or whatever? i.e.e, act, which is what actors and actresses do, hence the name 'actor' or 'actress'? the mania for making it 'real' reaches incredible levels at points.

Archived