Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

4 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Also consider that they admitted they focused all their attention on this one “perfect” scene, for awards baiting,...  at the expense of paying attention to the rest of the season. How in the series finale inside the episode, only released in the blu ray....they blurt out casually “we spent so much time focusing on getting that one scene perfect that we didn’t think of the political fallout after that until the last minute”

They should have ended it there. Let it end with Drogon seeing what Jon has done, prepare to kill him. Focus on Kit's face, and then end on that cliffhanger.  

Everything that came after was so stupid and made no sense anyway so why not just end the story with the end of the Targaryens.

20 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

The script is so bad that even my toilet bowl would reject it but we could hope that the actors would "take it upon themselves"…

Alas no… I've seen high school plays in which the tragic scenes with the death of the loved one were far more believable and moving. 

So, this is the clip that came by my TTL on Twitter today.

For The North?  Jon Snow centric? 

Honestly, I don't know whether to be mad or sad:  It is so obvious in this trailer that there is a flow thread lacking in the whole thing.  The beginning and the end are not connected by any kind of sensible middle?  It's such a disconnect. 

My computer is still a nightmare, so let's see if I can get a simple message across.

One good thing, I can't imagine seeing any finished product from the D&D bozos anytime soon.  They seem to keep having projects taken from them.  It seems no one really trusts them.  I can't imagine why, LOL

18 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

My computer is still a nightmare, so let's see if I can get a simple message across.

One good thing, I can't imagine seeing any finished product from the D&D bozos anytime soon.  They seem to keep having projects taken from them.  It seems no one really trusts them.  I can't imagine why, LOL

weren t they paid a fortune by netflix?

1 minute ago, divica said:

weren t they paid a fortune by netflix?

Considering they were already rich, I'm not sure that is the point.

MY point is that we still haven't seen any WORK with their names on it.  That seems to be what matters to them most, anyway.  If Netflix doesn't get something out of them, then Netflix can worry about the cash they blew on them. 

7 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Considering they were already rich, I'm not sure that is the point.

MY point is that we still haven't seen any WORK with their names on it.  That seems to be what matters to them most, anyway.  If Netflix doesn't get something out of them, then Netflix can worry about the cash they blew on them. 

but before covid they had a show planed right? I remember readind about it somewhere.

7 minutes ago, divica said:

but before covid they had a show planed right? I remember readind about it somewhere.

And a couple years ago, they were doing Star Wars stuff?  And now, they are not.  Beyond old announcements and ideas, I see and hear nothing.  They are just the guys that did, and destroyed, GOT. 

5 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

And a couple years ago, they were doing Star Wars stuff?  And now, they are not.  Beyond old announcements and ideas, I see and hear nothing.  They are just the guys that did, and destroyed, GOT. 

They were hired for the The Three Body Problem adaptation, and then the main producer was killed by poison given to him by his assistant… Since then, the project has not been heard from again.

10 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

They were hired for the The Three Body Problem adaptation, and then the main producer was killed by poison given to him by his assistant… Since then, the project has not been heard from again.

that does look like something that could happen in the GoT universe

FIRE CANNOT KILL A DRAGON, CHAPTER 28.

ms. christie also went on long walk

hill (varys): "at the time, nothing could console me ..."

"then there was KH's reaction -- or lack thereof." told EC he hadn't read it; wanted to read it w/ friends/colleagues.

weiss: "kit's not writing us. ... f***. does he hate it? if he hates it, does that mean we got it wrong?"

rory mccann says he blew a trumpet before the "so-called clegane bowl".

KH cried at dany death and upon reading "end of GOT".

Once again they are being disingenuous, saying gee, I wonder if they hated it... It's not like they gave a damn what they thought. Just shut up and say the lines is what they told the actors.

Anyone over the age of 5 could have told them most people would hate it. Most of the actors said in varying degrees of directness that they had a problem with it and we would, too.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:20 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

So, this is the clip that came by my TTL on Twitter today.

For The North?  Jon Snow centric? 

Honestly, I don't know whether to be mad or sad:  It is so obvious in this trailer that there is a flow thread lacking in the whole thing.  The beginning and the end are not connected by any kind of sensible middle?  It's such a disconnect. 

So true. The last minute or more is like a melodramatic Bollywood movie, lol. 

10 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

FIRE CANNOT KILL A DRAGON, CHAPTER 28.

ms. christie also went on long walk

hill (varys): "at the time, nothing could console me ..."

"then there was KH's reaction -- or lack thereof." told EC he hadn't read it; wanted to read it w/ friends/colleagues.

weiss: "kit's not writing us. ... f***. does he hate it? if he hates it, does that mean we got it wrong?"

rory mccann says he blew a trumpet before the "so-called clegane bowl".

KH cried at dany death and upon reading "end of GOT".

Emilia Clarke was, as we know, quite devastated after reading the script, and that was even before she realised that she was meant to have wantonly slaughtered civilians.

8 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Once again they are being disingenuous, saying gee, I wonder if they hated it... It's not like they gave a damn what they thought. Just shut up and say the lines is what they told the actors.

Anyone over the age of 5 could have told them most people would hate it. Most of the actors said in varying degrees of directness that they had a problem with it and we would, too.

The percentage of the fandom who wanted Jon and Daenerys to come to wretched ends, while rooting for Sansa, Tyrion, and Bran, must be less than 5%.

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

Emilia Clarke was, as we know, quite devastated after reading the script, and that was even before she realised that she was meant to have wantonly slaughtered civilians.

The percentage of the fandom who wanted Jon and Daenerys to come to wretched ends, while rooting for Sansa, Tyrion, and Bran, must be less than 5%.

I remember when the spoilers came out, I said oh, so they kill all the dynamic people off, and end up with the dull ones. That should be a dull ending.

Everyone either threw their lives away or were handed token empty endings. And the Most Moral Man in the Universe arranged chairs at a table.

1 hour ago, Count Balerion said:

and yeah, EC got to be devastated about her character twice. that must have been a riot.

The two stooges come over as having been actively malicious towards Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington.  They spent Season 8, pissing on both characters that they played.

Archived