Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

On 5/11/2021 at 12:51 AM, HoodedCrow said:

The only bit that I liked was Drogon torching the throne and carrying Dany away. He forgot to roast Jon, but I guess it was complicated?

Drogon is a true detective. He deduced that Danny died due to being stabbed by something pointy, and the Iron Throne was full of pointy things. Ergo the chair killed his mother. That nice ser Snow just happened to be in the room at the time. 

On 5/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, Le Cygne said:

Interesting comments on this one:

Youtube suggests I watch the this 1 1/2 hrs long video from a year ago. Has anyone seen it? Is it worth watching?

Thanks you both, I highly recommend the video (and will soon watch the second one). It's on-point, entertaining and quite comprehensive.

It also has one of the best comments, ever:

Srikanth Suresh
They should have considered that the best show runners would be the ones who didn’t want to run the show.

*slow clap*
Dibs on putting it in my signature!

So, question: could Benioff and Weiss have been satisfied with an epic but silly death for Daenerys; say when she's taken out all the scorpions and the battle is all but won, while perched on top of that building, it turns out that she lit one of those wildfire caches by accident. Boom... whoops?

FIRE CANNOT KILL A DRAGON, CHAPTER 30. A LOT OF SOPHISTRY TRYING TO "DEFEND" EVIL DANY AND JUST SHUT THE BLAZES UP ALREADY, PART 4

the incest thing. [uncle-niece weddings were common throughout history. granted i find them squick.] EC: "it's a thing for jon, but let's just forget about that. the main thing is, we were up for the same promotion." [factitious conflict]

EC: "she literally [??] was brought into this world going 'run!' these f***ers have f***ed everything up. [that's true in more sense than one!] there was so much she's taken on as her duty to rectify. ... suddenly these ppl were turning around and saying, 'we don't accept you.' [that was also stupid.] she's too far down the line; she's killed so many ppl already." [she has NOT killed that many ppl, as conquerors go. she's mostly killed slavers and enemies. she's never killed civilians.]

KH: jon can't over aunt thing.

clarke: strings being cut" for dany: jonah dies. varys suports jon [for no good reason], which made tyrion [who ratted on varys] and jon question loyalty. [why?] [this narrative makes no sense. everyone knows dany will be evil before she gives any indication thereof.]

dan weiss: "tyrion's biggest mistake is finally daring to believe in somebody." [!!!!!!] [1. tyrion makes a LOT of mistakes. he's an idiot. 2. cynical much?]

conleth hill: varys was always true to his word. EC: he changed colours too many times, and she'd warned him. CH: "he was effective, as always. .. it was a cool death and very dignified, and i swear the dragon thought twice about it."

dinklage: dany's dragons are "nitroglycerin. he knew dany was going to make the wrld a better place. but he couldn't betrsy his own brother. varys was tyrion's closest friend.

This is one of countless examples during the production of Game of Thrones in which the actors have to work in very poor, dangerous and mentally stressful conditions.

Is there no organization in the United States that defends the interests of the actors during such bad working conditions? How is the law regarding working conditions during film production? I am surprised that after so many complaints from the actors themselves, the showrunners can continue to do their job.

On 5/20/2021 at 3:38 AM, Count Balerion said:

FIRE CANNOT KILL A DRAGON, CHAPTER 30. A LOT OF SOPHISTRY TRYING TO "DEFEND" EVIL DANY AND JUST SHUT THE BLAZES UP ALREADY, PART 4

the incest thing. [uncle-niece weddings were common throughout history. granted i find them squick.] EC: "it's a thing for jon, but let's just forget about that. the main thing is, we were up for the same promotion." [factitious conflict]

EC: "she literally [??] was brought into this world going 'run!' these f***ers have f***ed everything up. [that's true in more sense than one!] there was so much she's taken on as her duty to rectify. ... suddenly these ppl were turning around and saying, 'we don't accept you.' [that was also stupid.] she's too far down the line; she's killed so many ppl already." [she has NOT killed that many ppl, as conquerors go. she's mostly killed slavers and enemies. she's never killed civilians.]

KH: jon can't over aunt thing.

clarke: strings being cut" for dany: jonah dies. varys suports jon [for no good reason], which made tyrion [who ratted on varys] and jon question loyalty. [why?] [this narrative makes no sense. everyone knows dany will be evil before she gives any indication thereof.]

dan weiss: "tyrion's biggest mistake is finally daring to believe in somebody." [!!!!!!] [1. tyrion makes a LOT of mistakes. he's an idiot. 2. cynical much?]

conleth hill: varys was always true to his word. EC: he changed colours too many times, and she'd warned him. CH: "he was effective, as always. .. it was a cool death and very dignified, and i swear the dragon thought twice about it."

dinklage: dany's dragons are "nitroglycerin. he knew dany was going to make the wrld a better place. but he couldn't betrsy his own brother. varys was tyrion's closest friend.

Good to see Emilia Clarke endlessly contradicting the official line.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:44 AM, Daemon of the Blacks said:

Season 2 Tyrion: Threaten me again and I'll have you thrown into the sea.
Season 8 Tyrion: Threaten me once and I'll gIvE yOu HIghGarDeN.

Season 2 Bronn: I've never borrowed gold before. I'm not clear on the rules
Season 8 Tyrion: How would you like to be Master of Coin?

He said that in Season 3, not 2. It was right before Podrick turns up again with a full sack of gold after supposedly having sex.

5 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

they changed it at the last minute. where have we heard that?

No surprise that they intended to have her raped.  I'm only surprised that they didn't have the Dothraki rape Daenerys at the start of Season 6, rather than talk about raping her.

Archived