Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

6 hours ago, SeanF said:

Apparently, there were no nobles or peasants left in the Reach, despite the fact it's larger than modern Turkey, and the breadbasket of the Seven Kingdoms, and likely has a bigger population than fifteenth century France, in canon.

Plus, they kind of forgot that Bronn didn't know anything about finance. :bang: I'm still ticked off about how it ended. 

15 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Plus, they kind of forgot that Bronn didn't know anything about finance. :bang: I'm still ticked off about how it ended. 

I'll never get over it.

I still visit the Freefolk Reddit thread every now and then to see if they've come up with any new memes.

On 12/18/2021 at 6:22 AM, SeanF said:

Apparently, there were no nobles or peasants left in the Reach, despite the fact it's larger than modern Turkey, and the breadbasket of the Seven Kingdoms, and likely has a bigger population than fifteenth century France, in canon.

For what it's worth, Natalie Dormer said she was disappointed in how easily the Reach fell.

3 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

For what it's worth, Natalie Dormer said she was disappointed in how easily the Reach fell.

I sympathize with her but it could be worse.

Pedro Pascal had to watch Oberyn's entire family get massacred, by his lover, who for some reason thought this was the optimal way to avenge his death.

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

I sympathize with her but it could be worse.

Pedro Pascal had to watch Oberyn's entire family get massacred, by his lover, who for some reason thought this was the optimal way to avenge his death.

and to think what major players Martells are in the book and how amazingly rational book Elarya is... it would've been more than heart breaking to watch the fate of southron Westeros in the show..

19 hours ago, EggBlue said:

and to think what major players Martells are in the book and how amazingly rational book Elarya is... it would've been more than heart breaking to watch the fate of southron Westeros in the show..

She certainly has more brains than book Doran.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:22 AM, SeanF said:

Which is curious as the Reach was virtually untouched throughout the entire duration of the show

And what happened to the armies in the Reach that swore fealty to Dany after the Tarlys were executed.

Why didn't they go north with her? Why didn't they meet her at King's Landing? And then...why didn't they march to King's Landing after her murder to avenge her?

On 12/17/2021 at 6:47 PM, sifth said:

Ohh that scene has a special place in my memory. So I watched the final with a bunch of my friends that night and when Grey Worm is dragging Tyrion out of prision, a friend of my mine says to me. "Hey, didn't you tell me these Unsullied guys were suppose to be eunuchs. Well look at the bulge between Grey Worms legs" and after that point, my eyes couldn't get away from it for the entire time Grey Worm was on camera, lol

Oh yeah I remember that. I wasn't going to bring that up because there have always been something bigger and more pressing than that but since we're talking about it...

Peter Dinklage is so short that the annoyingly weird long close-ups that D&D love so much is exactly what you focus in on Jacob Anderson's crotch--especially considering Anderson is towering directly behind him.

You could actually see so much to the point where I am 90% sure that he is uncircumcised. And he has a curve to it too lmao...Jacob I'm sorry if you're reading this. Totally not laughing at you.

But what's worse (and quite telling in more ways than one) is that his penis was positioned very differently with each shot. It might've been borderline erect at some point too but don't quote me on that. But yeah, to your credit @sifth, so there's no way that you can just see it once and then forget about it. It's all over the place. And again, why the close-ups on it?!

Don't take it from me. There were articles written on it. And according to other people, you could see it to in episode 5 too.

Besides the obvious conclusion -- or, at least it's obvious for men -- that that Grey Worm costume was too tight and/or outright uncomfortable (which points to costume design mismanagement), it means that D&D as the sole directors of the episode struggled to get the scenes shot (much less edited) in a timely, efficient manner. Hence the weird fade-out, fade-in cutscenes and overall lack of fluidity in between each new scene. Where was the cinematographer? I know Grey Worm was wearing black but come on...where was the cinematographer? 

Unsurprising, given the appearance of more Starbucks cups and water bottles.

I swear that it's like D&D were the only people working the cameras and managing the set in the last episode.

2 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Which is curious as the Reach was virtually untouched throughout the entire duration of the show

And what happened to the armies in the Reach that swore fealty to Dany after the Tarlys were executed.

Why didn't they go north with her? Why didn't they meet her at King's Landing? And then...why didn't they march to King's Landing after her murder to avenge her?

They kinda vanished.

Logistics ceased to apply at some point.  The Lannister/Tarly army would have eaten all the food it gathered on the way back to Kings Landing;  where did Dany get the rations for 100,000 men to march and ride a thousand miles to Winterfell;  where did they get the food to march South;  how did Gendry sprint 100 miles to the Wall;  how did Dany fly North at the speed of Concorde?

22 hours ago, SeanF said:

They kinda vanished.

Logistics ceased to apply at some point.  The Lannister/Tarly army would have eaten all the food it gathered on the way back to Kings Landing;  where did Dany get the rations for 100,000 men to march and ride a thousand miles to Winterfell;  where did they get the food to march South;  how did Gendry sprint 100 miles to the Wall;  how did Dany fly North at the speed of Concorde?

And then there is the whole Dornish mess? Aka the gift that keeps on giving.

Like all of the sudden there is some kind of new Prince of Dorne...who swears his armies and loyalty to Dany....after she needed him the most. Only for neither him nor his armies to not appear at all in the big King's Landing attack episode. He only shows up in the little group pow-wow they had and then says nothing before disappearing.

And where has this Prince been? Who is it? And what happened to all these Dornish soldiers that kept being talked about in seasons 4-8.

Like he literally appears out of nowhere with no name and no speaking lines...for no reason. Oh but people say that "yOu cAn'T aDD In NeW chaRacTeRs LiKe ARiAnNe and qUeNtyn So lAtE hurr-durr"

Ellaria was imprisoned early in season 7. Why didn't Ellaria reappear at the end of season 7 or at anytime in season 8. Weren't they such big fanboys of Indira Varma that they completely changed the Ellaria character so that she would have more screentime?!

Dany knew about it right? Why didn't she do anything about it? Why didn't Dorne (who was supposed so loyal to Ellaria Sand that they would kill Doran Martell and his son) do anything about it?

we are talking about the guys who didn't have time to introduce Quentyn , Arianne and heck even Sand Snakes and Doran properly but had so much screen time on their hand to have sand snakes show their breasts to Bronn - an unattractive middle aged sellsword- in prison...

10 hours ago, EggBlue said:

we are talking about the guys who didn't have time to introduce Quentyn , Arianne and heck even Sand Snakes and Doran properly but had so much screen time on their hand to have sand snakes show their breasts to Bronn - an unattractive middle aged sellsword- in prison...

Ha ha ha! Still laughing. Bronn is one of their self-inserts, along with Tyrion. They did so love to parade their sad little issues for all to see.

On 12/22/2021 at 6:56 AM, The Bard of Banefort said:

I can totally see what their logic there was too: Bronn likes money! Of course he’d be Master of Coin! 

Tyrion put it well in Season 3. "I'm quite good at spending money, but a lifetime of outrageous wealth hasn't taught me about managing it!"

Bronn might or might not have a lot of money, but possessing an outrageous amount of wealth isn't the only factor required in order to actually be able to competently manage it. Along with that prick Bran's talking about a Master of Whisperers. Bruh, you're the fookin Three Eyed Raven, I don't think you need a MoW!

46 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Tyrion put it well in Season 3. "I'm quite good at spending money, but a lifetime of outrageous wealth hasn't taught me about managing it!"

Bronn might or might not have a lot of money, but possessing an outrageous amount of wealth isn't the only factor required in order to actually be able to competently manage it. Along with that prick Bran's talking about a Master of Whisperers. Bruh, you're the fookin Three Eyed Raven, I don't think you need a MoW!

I especially liked how they had even previously created the Master of War, which would have at least made some sense for Bronn even if it would have still been silly.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, BlackLightning said:

Literally everything about that last episode was painful. Particularly that scene with the meeting.

You can't call it a big meeting as there was no buildup and you definitely can't call it a council.

That last episode was one of the worst episodes of television I've seen. The council scene was so, so stupid and terribly written. I can't believe that was the episode that got nominated for an Emmy.

20 hours ago, Minsc said:

I especially liked how they had even previously created the Master of War, which would have at least made some sense for Bronn even if it would have still been silly.

Indeed, all the "You've got better instincts than any officer in the Lannister army." 

24 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

I'm still surprised they didn't made Podrick "master of  Wheel Chairs"…

Wouldn't be surprised if they did. 

Archived