Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I will say this: if the Hound turns out to be one of Dunk’s descendants, then he probably will knock up Sansa, for no other reason than that I don’t think George could resist having Dunk be the ancestor of a future Stark lord :rofl:

Imagine Sansa bearing a child outside of wedlock!

All I know is that if Sansa does marry Whoresbane, that’ll be all the proof I need that GRRM prowls the forums :D

I am very interested in seeing how well these shows do. Like I mentioned before, IMDB and other trackers have indicated that people are still watching GOT, but the fact that the merchandise has completely disappeared makes me wonder how much juice is really left in the IP. 

Then again, maybe it’s an embarrassment thing. Plenty of girls still love Twilight, but after being mocked and called stupid for a decade (usually by grown-ass adults), you won’t catch them wearing merch in public.

56 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

All I know is that if Sansa does marry Whoresbane, that’ll be all the proof I need that GRRM prowls the forums :D

to me, it will be an explanation why Whoresbane thread was shut down: spoiler alerts:P

56 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I am very interested in seeing how well these shows do. Like I mentioned before, IMDB and other trackers have indicated that people are still watching GOT, but the fact that the merchandise has completely disappeared makes me wonder how much juice is really left in the IP. 

Then again, maybe it’s an embarrassment thing. Plenty of girls still love Twilight, but after being mocked and called stupid for a decade (usually by grown-ass adults), you won’t catch them wearing merch in public.

these things have their lifespan anyway... I mean .. even if the show was a success , would it have taken more than 2 years for the merchandise to gradually leave the market?

6 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Or maybe Sansa will beg Tyrion’s forgiveness for rejecting him and beg him to take her back.:ack:

George is never going to finish so we can all make up the rest of the story ourselves.  If Winds never comes out, then my Westeros will keep Summer and Shaggy Dog and the three dragons alive.  Arya is alive, Rickon is alive, no one has harmed Sansa, even Stoneheart is still alive.  At this point, I'm fine with that.  

7 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If that was GRRM’s plan, then there’s no way D&D would have left it out lol. 

Or perhaps an incestuous love triangle, involving Jon, Sansa, and Dany.

9 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If that was GRRM’s plan, then there’s no way D&D would have left it out lol. 

Honestly, I find a lot of the writing about Sansa hilarious.  So, you get lengthy metas about Sansa’s being a lesbian (Margaery is usually the preferred choice for her).  

Or there are people who find her relationship with Littlefinger to be a genuinely romantic one, or who want her to return to Tyrion.

Then there’s the dreaded Jonsa ship, based upon zero textual evidence. Supposedly, the pair harbour deep-rooted incestuous desires for each other.  This then veers into the madness of “political Jon”, who will seduce Daenerys, in order to get an army, while plotting her murder, in order to be with his true love, Sansa.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Then there’s the dreaded Jonsa ship, based upon zero textual evidence. Supposedly, the pair harbour deep-rooted incestuous desires for each other.  This then veers into the madness of “political Jon”, who will seduce Daenerys, in order to get an army, while plotting her murder, in order to be with his true love, Sansa.

to be perfectly honest , the show seemed on the verge of doing just that! 

37 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

to be perfectly honest , the show seemed on the verge of doing just that! 

Oh, absolutely, there are indeed people who interpret the show in those terms. And, one can see their argument.  Jon took and took from Daenerys, and eventually took her life, in order to save his siblings.

Sansa was determined to force Jon into a position where he had to choose between Daenerys and herself. Arya inevitably sided with Sansa.  Faced with that choice, Jon chose Sansa/Arya over Daenerys.

But, not even the show indicated he had romantic feelings for Sansa.  I think that he was portrayed more as Moral Coward Jon, than as Political Jon, in Season 8.

On 2/17/2022 at 4:52 AM, EggBlue said:

that's exactly my point. no one hates fanservice.. it's called fanservice for a reason! but it should be executed well and within the logistic of the movie/series. for example while Sansa's promotion didn't make any sense for a million reasons including her brother becoming High King , Arya/Gendry getting together was something hinted ever since season 2 . but somehow they ruined it! they had every opportunity to make their sex scene tasteful and Arya's rejection of Gendry heartbreaking but understandable (I'm not getting into the fact that proposals don't exist in Westeros!) ;yet,  all they gave us was "Meh"..

so , an example of GOOD fan service ,as a contrast to season 8 GoT, is Spiderman : No Way Home :) just watched it..

55 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

so , an example of GOOD fan service ,as a contrast to season 8 GoT, is Spiderman : No Way Home :) just watched it..

Very good movie. I enjoyed how they had all the other Spidey's showing up (though MCU and DC aren't my specialty in dorkuments......that's ASOIAF, RR, HP, and nowadays to a lesser extent Star Wars.....plowing through the Thrawn trilogy right now...). 

7 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Very good movie. I enjoyed how they had all the other Spidey's showing up (though MCU and DC aren't my specialty in dorkuments......that's ASOIAF, RR, HP, and nowadays to a lesser extent Star Wars.....plowing through the Thrawn trilogy right now...). 

I don't read the comics but as far as MCU goes , it was great ; although I had my doubts about Toby and Garfield showing up before, they pulled it off really good. 

question: what is RR?!

On 2/17/2022 at 1:05 AM, EggBlue said:

fun fact is before season 8 we were actually rooting for Sansa to be Queen in the North or Lady of Winterfell , only it felt so unearned that we loathed it! so much for fan service...

A Sansa who was loyal and courageous, who ended up as Queen in the North/Lady of Winterfell would have been fine for most viewers, IMHO.  A Sansa who finished up as a discount Cersei was not.

12 hours ago, EggBlue said:

question: what is RR?!

Red Rising.....dystopian science fiction. Very good. It's been compared to ASOIAF by critics, but I since the author puts out books far quicker, it gives him a few more points from me....as compared to You-Know-Who. 

On 3/13/2022 at 11:56 AM, SeanF said:

A Sansa who was loyal and courageous, who ended up as Queen in the North/Lady of Winterfell would have been fine for most viewers, IMHO.  A Sansa who finished up as a discount Cersei was not.

I wanted to see Bran as lord of Winterfell, and I still think he may be, if we ever get the ending to the books. But Branbot? Not so much. There was no Sansa on the show. None of the characters were even likeable.

Arya and Dany still had bits and pieces of their real story but it was really hard to pretend it was them. I used to call Sandor just Hound (he didn't even merit a "the" in front) to distinguish him from the real one.

We came up with some good names for the pod people characters here. It was like the characters were all seen through funhouse mirrors, only it wasn't any fun.

Archived