Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

15 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

That’s funny. Someone should send them a comprehensive list of the numerous plot holes. 

On a side note, the ep I just watched (609), I caught a glimpse of Theon and Yarasha talking to Dany. How the hell did they get there? :wacko:

Duh they teleported

11 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

- Sansa, Arya, Littlefinger - zero suspense, zero tension, just, idk, whatever. Even not knowing what’s gonna happen, it’s very hard to care. For both the story and the characters.

While I thought pretty much all of season 7 was a train wreck, this whole thing pissed me off. The whole, only Sansa and Arya are in the room together, bickering, constantly. Then all of a sudden, just kidding! We are really on the same side. So stupid. Purposely misleads the audience in a completely unnatural way. It was all such clunky writing and such an old writing cliche. 

32 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Duh they teleported

Of course! Good ol beam me up in action.  But I should have phrased my question differently... why are they there? How does it make sense for them to be there - I know, I know, nothing makes sense, sense is not required as long as it’s OMG SO AWESOME. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

While I thought pretty much all of season 7 was a train wreck, this whole thing pissed me off. The whole, only Sansa and Arya are in the room together, bickering, constantly. Then all of a sudden, just kidding! We are really on the same side. So stupid. Purposely misleads the audience in a completely unnatural way. It was all such clunky writing and such an old writing cliche. 

Yes, it was very weird and silly. The bolded really bothered me so, so much. Seriously, someone had this idea, the idea was discussed (I suppose?), and it made it into the script. HOW? How can anyone think this is good writing? Such an unnatural, silly, ill-conceived flip-flopping is something you don’t see even in Bobsponge, let alone “the bestest tv show evah!”. Yikes. 

They are there my guess is:  Asha is the last Greyjoy left standing, so she's there for the end, Theon is there for whatever important thing he does to redeem himself and because the showrunners really like the actor.  Victarian was always another side tangent plot device so I'm glad he's not in the show, even if  he is a better character that the dread pirate Euron. 

15 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

So, @Lady Fevre Dream and @Mystical, iirc you both said ep 706 was the funniest thing ever. And I simply have to ask, is it funnier than 707? Because ffs, so far 707 is absolutely hilarious! 

Wait, you have me confused, did you watch Season7, epi 7, but not 6 yet?  I have great affinity for Run to Eastwatch, followed up by speed ravens to facilitate the nonsense.  It's like a culmination and celebration of Westerosi Twitter and the Batfinger Teleporter all rolled into one.  A giant.......Ah fuck it.........let's just have Gendry do a run to save the day.  It's still beyond me why they didn't bother with horses on the trip past the wall up North.  The long walk to gods know where just makes so much sense, right?  HAHAHAHAH  I guess because the script called for the dragon rescue and ride?  That's always the answer isnt' it, the script says so? 

2 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Duh they teleported

That is always a good guess. 

@kissdbyfire  I agree on many of your complaints on 7-7, but I wanted to especially agree on the Dragonpit.  I noticed the logic fail, too, on my first watch.  The place looks older and more beat up than the Colosseum, but should only have been a ruin for about 150 years or so, estimated.  Yup, pretty stupid, LOL  That's par for the course. 

21 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Wait, you have me confused, did you watch Season7, epi 7, but not 6 yet?

Yup. The several HBO/CineMax/whatever channels are showing the eps in a semi-random weird order. The other night when I got home from work ep 609 was on, and right after that they had 707, so I watched it. :dunno:

I think I’ve now watched eps 1 & 7 from s 7. 

21 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I have great affinity for Run to Eastwatch, followed up by speed ravens to facilitate the nonsense.  It's like a culmination and celebration of Westerosi Twitter and the Batfinger Teleporter all rolled into one.  A giant.......Ah fuck it.........let's just have Gendry do a run to save the day.  It's still beyond me why they didn't bother with horses on the trip past the wall up North.  The long walk to gods know where just makes so much sense, right?  HAHAHAHAH  I guess because the script called for the dragon rescue and ride?  That's always the answer isnt' it, the script says so? 

:lmao:

I’m definitely keeping an eye out for this, it has great promise! 

13 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

That is always a good guess. 

@kissdbyfire  I agree on many of your complaints on 7-7, but I wanted to especially agree on the Dragonpit.  I noticed the logic fail, too, on my first watch.  The place looks older and more beat up than the Colosseum, but should only have been a ruin for about 150 years or so, estimated.  Yup, pretty stupid, LOL  That's par for the course. 

I thought about the Coliseum as well when watching that scene! And for whatever reason I kept half expecting Terry Jones to pop up and say, “s/he is not the messiah, s/he’s a very naughty girl/boy!” 

oh lol, yall are talking about the Dragonpit at KL. In F&B that shit was completely destroyed and it had a roof that caved in.  So the setting on the show made no sense, and of course the Dragons were the best fighters against the army of the dead and Tyrion killed one with his VERY STPUID IDEA TO BRING A ZOMBIE TO KL!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

oh lol, yall are talking about the Dragonpit at KL. In F&B that shit was completely destroyed and it had a roof that caved in.  So the setting on the show made no sense, and of course the Dragons were the best fighters against the army of the dead and Tyrion killed one with his VERY STPUID IDEA TO BRING A ZOMBIE TO KL!!!!!

Wight hunting for leagues and leagues on foot, beyond the wall.  Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?  LOL 

It's been awhile since I've taken a good look at the Dragon Pit, didn't it look like it had always been an 'outdoor arena', not one with a roof?  I'll have to take another peek.

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yup. The several HBO/CineMax/whatever channels are showing the eps in a semi-random weird order. The other night when I got home from work ep 609 was on, and right after that they had 707, so I watched it. :dunno:

I think I’ve now watched eps 1 & 7 from s 7. 

:lmao:

I’m definitely keeping an eye out for this, it has great promise! 

I thought about the Coliseum as well when watching that scene! And for whatever reason I kept half expecting Terry Jones to pop up and say, “s/he is not the messiah, s/he’s a very naughty girl/boy!” 

I was just catching up, I did finally see how you were all over the place in episode order.  Who knows, it might even help you.  :devil::lmao:

21 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

And then the zombie popped up like a silly Halloween decoration jack in the box.

I wonder if this was a retconn/smoosh of the first wight hand not ever being sent to KL in the show, plus the AFFC scene with Cersei where the council discusses and ignores the pleas from Jon and his letter?

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

And then the zombie popped up like a silly Halloween decoration jack in the box.

I wonder if this was a retconn/smoosh of the first wight hand not ever being sent to KL in the show, plus the AFFC scene with Cersei where the council discusses and ignores the pleas from Jon and his letter?

Yeah that's how I saw it. They had to out-do the books and make it completely nonsensical.

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

5 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Yeah that's how I saw it. They had to out-do the books and make it completely nonsensical.

I was trying to remember when the wights became the silly Halloween skeletons that they are now.  If memory serves they seem to become speedier as they lose flesh?  Well, I'm kidding on that, kinda.  But, IIRC, it was when Bran and Co first reached the tree and the cave and the children..........all of the sudden we had those crazy dancing skeletons of super speed from Jason and The Argonauts.  And THEY kill Jojen?  It was almost.......disrespectful, LOL 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkMEB0_dxWk&list=RDhkMEB0_dxWk&start_radio=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I was trying to remember when the wights became the silly Halloween skeletons that they are now.  If memory serves they seem to become speedier as they lose flesh?  Well, I'm kidding on that, kinda.  But, IIRC, it was when Bran and Co first reached the tree and the cave and the children..........all of the sudden we had those crazy dancing skeletons of super speed from Jason and The Argonauts.  And THEY kill Jojen?  It was almost.......disrespectful, LOL 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkMEB0_dxWk&list=RDhkMEB0_dxWk&start_radio=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

UGH UGH UGH, that was bad, arriving at the cave and Jovem dying like that, and yes, iirc that’s the first we saw of the wights on crack and steroids. And it had been preceded by Meera and Osha being catty and stupid. Yikes. When was that? I wanna say s4, but not sure...

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

UGH UGH UGH, that was bad, arriving at the cave and Jovem dying like that, and yes, iirc that’s the first we saw of the wights on crack and steroids. And it had been preceded by Meera and Osha being catty and stupid. Yikes. When was that? I wanna say s4, but not sure...

Yup.  That was the end scene for Bran and Co in season 4, as they weren't in season 5.  Remember the Three Eyed Raven, take 1?  Some old dude stuck in a nest?  HA  It was all pretty terrible.  Prior to that, the wights weren't all that fast moving.  

Archived