Jump to content
The Fattest Leech

Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oh boy... I feel for him. I don’t know the actor, and we only guessed he was Dornish because he wore yellow/orange. Right? 

But he clearly put a lot more thought into that stupid scene than David and Dan put into the whole series. 

Wouldn't the Prince of Dorne say "Who the f*ck is Bran?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kit alone so far gives the impression of Theoden who has been Grima Wormtongued. Hopefully everyone else coming out in the open cures him of that. Unless he is still being blackmailed over Longclaw :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, teej6 said:

So now it seems like Miguel Sapochnik is dissing D&D. https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.avclub.com/game-of-thrones-director-miguel-sapochnik-talks-getting-1835515287/amp

The real stories are slowly coming out. Wouldn’t blame anyone who would want to distance themselves from the travesty.

Wow. I am definitely listening to the podcast.

His talents eventually won them over, however, leading him to become a go-to director for the pair. That said, “The Long Night” was nevertheless a rough shoot, and the director details its arduous creation on the podcast, saying that there was a lingering fear that it would end up being “a remix of every battle we’d ever done.”

He also says he argued with Benioff and Weiss over the battle’s dearth of impactful deaths. “I wanted to kill everyone,” he says in news that really makes us wish he were running the show. “I wanted to kill Jorah in the horse charge at the beginning. I wanted it to be ruthless, so in the first 10 minutes you could say all bets are off, anyone could die. But David and Dan didn’t want to. There was a lot of back and forth on that.” Sapochnick says he eventually relented because “there comes a point when they dig in and you just don’t want to be there.”

bold 1: yeah, only it wasn’t a proper remix, it was so much worse than that.

bold 2: well, as w/ others who have spoken on the subject, you can see it must have been a delightful and lovely experience. /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, teej6 said:

So now it seems like Miguel Sapochnik is dissing D&D. https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.avclub.com/game-of-thrones-director-miguel-sapochnik-talks-getting-1835515287/amp

The real stories are slowly coming out. Wouldn’t blame anyone who would want to distance themselves from the travesty.

Ah ha.  I do want to take the time to actually listen to this, see how he sounds as he tells us these stories.  I still can't imagine the looks on some directors faces on a first peak at their script writing style.  IIRC, it went to snarky pot sometime after season 4, I think, the actual script snarkiness itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a hard time seeing how these guys are going to manage a Star Wars trilogy. They don't respond well to criticism, they hate doing press, they resist changes to the script, they don't like to relinquish control to the directors . . . Lucasfilm got rid of Colin Trevorrow and had J.J. Abrams re-write the script, kicked out Lord and Miller mid-production, and had most of Rogue One re-filmed because they weren't happy with Gareth Edwards' work. On top of that, the Star Wars fandom is notoriously critical. I just can't see how this doesn't end up being a disaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I'm having a hard time seeing how these guys are going to manage a Star Wars trilogy. They don't respond well to criticism, they hate doing press, they resist changes to the script, they don't like to relinquish control to the directors . . . Lucasfilm got rid of Colin Trevorrow and had J.J. Abrams re-write the script, kicked out Lord and Miller mid-production, and had most of Rogue One re-filmed because they weren't happy with Gareth Edwards' work. On top of that, the Star Wars fandom is notoriously critical. I just can't see how this doesn't end up being a disaster. 

Sounds good to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ser Hedge said:

Kit alone so far gives the impression of Theoden who has been Grima Wormtongued. Hopefully everyone else coming out in the open cures him of that. Unless he is still being blackmailed over Longclaw :lol:

You have no power here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

You have no power here.

LOL. I forgot Sophie, she is under the influence as well.

Anyway, they're kids (:P), will be interesting to see more experienced professionals air their views over time. It will be anyone with directing, writing and (co-)producing credits that will be most eager to distance themselves from this streaming pile of dung I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ser Hedge said:

LOL. I forgot Sophie, she is under the influence as well.

Anyway, they're kids (:P), will be interesting to see more experienced professionals air their views over time. It will be anyone with directing, writing and (co-)producing credits that will be most eager to distance themselves from this streaming pile of dung I guess.

Wellp, how much do you want to bet the 'It was awesome and you're just dissing' crowd will imply 'rats flee the sinking ship first' and such? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

Wellp, how much do you want to bet the 'It was awesome and you're just dissing' crowd will imply 'rats flee the sinking ship first' and such? 

I'm genuinely curious if there are a lot of Unsullied out there still being vocal (after all this time) in support of the dumpster fire? Yeah, we see a few types on the forum interrupting and hijacking moan threads, I just assumed they must be from HBO's social media team or just extremely  happy about certain character outcomes that they had predicted, but other than that did anyone actually enjoy the show so much they're still actively picking fights with us dissers? Thought the type of 'casual fans' who might have actually liked the shit fare would have moved on to the next thing whatever it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14 June 2019 at 3:44 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  It seems Twitter is still pissed........when they bother to think about it or are reminded of it, that is. 

Check out all the replies. 

I've only just realised that Viserys, Lannister soldiers, and *Sons of the Harpy* are all depicted as Danys victims.

why did the artist leave out the seller of poisoned wine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SeanF said:

I've only just realised that Viserys, Lannister soldiers, and *Sons of the Harpy* are all depicted as Danys victims.

why did the artist leave out the seller of poisoned wine?

Phew, the Night King narrowly missed out then with his resistance to Dragonflame (in direct form that is, use it to shape steel and that's different)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SeanF said:

why did the artist leave out the seller of poisoned wine?

Wait a minute! I think I have spotted Jaeyaef Kaenaedy in the pile!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
On 6/14/2019 at 10:46 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

I'm having a hard time seeing how these guys are going to manage a Star Wars trilogy. They don't respond well to criticism, they hate doing press, they resist changes to the script, they don't like to relinquish control to the directors . . . Lucasfilm got rid of Colin Trevorrow and had J.J. Abrams re-write the script, kicked out Lord and Miller mid-production, and had most of Rogue One re-filmed because they weren't happy with Gareth Edwards' work. On top of that, the Star Wars fandom is notoriously critical. I just can't see how this doesn't end up being a disaster. 

This so much. And from what I've heard about Disney from the Marvel films, it is more about you writing their stories rather than the other way around. A lot of the directors/writers that got fired were fired because they wanted to write their own story rather than cave into the cinematic universe. The inflexibility of D and D might bite them in the behind if they're not willing to make compromises in the House of Mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't one of the D's onvolved in that stellar moment of Marvel called X-Men Origins? 

Disney, as lords of the manor of all things Marvel have acquired the X-Men franchise haven't they? As such they should have enough clues as to the m.o. of people they're hiring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ds don't stand a chance working for Disney.  Disney demands not just quality, but quality conforming to their vision and (OH HEAVEN FORBID) their over-arching themes.  And since we all know themes are for eighth grade book reports, I imagine their first couple meetings with management after they've begun their script to go something like, 

D1 = "Check out this awesome dick joke."

Disney: "Um.  We don't do dick jokes."

D2 = "We do.  They're awesome."

Disney: "No."

D1 = "We have any known eunuchs in this bitch?"

Disney: "NO!"

D2 = "Well, anyway, we've written twenty three scenes involving full frontal nudity.  Both sexes.  We're equal opportunity perverts."

Disney: "YOU DID WHAT?!"

D1 = "We're gonna need some pretty epic tits for some of these scenes.  Otherwise the jokes don't work."

Disney: "I think there's been  some sort of misunderstanding."

And then things will get ugly.

I can't imagine these two arrogant pricks managing to stay under Disney management for long.  It may be the quickest firing of major producers yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Queen‍‍‍‍‍‍ Alysanne‍‍™ said:

This so much. And from what I've heard about Disney from the Marvel films, it is more about you writing their stories rather than the other way around. A lot of the directors/writers that got fired were fired because they wanted to write their own story rather than cave into the cinematic universe. The inflexibility of D and D might bite them in the behind if they're not willing to make compromises in the House of Mouse.

I think you need to change that quote to:

"There is no evil in sorcery.  Only in the hearts of D & D."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

Wasn't one of the D's onvolved in that stellar moment of Marvel called X-Men Origins? 

Disney, as lords of the manor of all things Marvel have acquired the X-Men franchise haven't they? As such they should have enough clues as to the m.o. of people they're hiring. 

Yes, Benioff co-wrote the script, and I believe there are interviews of him defending that, just as now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×