Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

So D&D cowered behind their competent actors, feeding them lines blaming all the hate on a 'media led hate campaign' and that the 'real fans' still like GoT.

What, the same media that pretended D&D's shit didn't stink? That media? Oh, of course, they obviously really wanted you to fail, it's not like Game of Thrones was a ratings juggernaut that every cynical businessman and their cynical businessmothers wanted to succeed.

12 hours ago, Darryk said:

I love how they ended the panel without taking any fan questions. Like, could that be any more of an admission they screwed up?

I don't blame the cast for their PR-scripted statements like "well, the hate for season 8 was just a media-led campaign" and "every season has had controversy". It's not their fault big companies like HBO have them by the balls and can ruin their careers if they don't fall in line.

Just would be nice if there was a bit more honesty around it rather than this blatant attempt to sweep it all under the rug. People keep saying "it's just a show", well, I agree, "it's just a show", so why are they trying to cover it up like it's some kind of political scandal? Season 8 sucked, HBO. We know it, you know it, you don't have to be so goddamn gestapo-like about all of this.

I think that is how Hollywood acts whenever something huge isn t universally loved by the fans. Does anyone think that the campaign to descredit the people that didn t like the last jedi is normal? The only result is that critics nowadays have zero credibility in regards to huge projects. 

I have no idea why people can t just admit they should have done something better. That this kind of open end that gives no answers is exactly what grrm criticized LOST for years. That their idea to subvert expectations came a year late and was proven to be a bad idea by star wars. And if people really wanted to be honest they could also say that the writting this season was awfull and mostly illogical. That the biggest plot arcs of GOT (all the things related to the long night) had one of the worst conclusions in TV history (because they ruin the story in most of the preivous seasons) and was awfully directed (too dark, almost nobody did anything, it was just killing random wights where they could have used others, Giants, animals or viserion in good action sequences, awfull battle tactics, illogical actions…).  That the ending was rushed and forced.. Oh that it was once again illogical.

There is a lot to be criticized about this season… Not admiting that people didn t like the season or that there were flaws in it only annoys fans even more.

Seth Rogen when asked which show will end better, his show or Game of Thrones, says "I'm here, I think that's a good sign, I'm willing to show my face" unlike Benioff and Weiss:

(Later the host and audience brought up the bad GoT ending again, and Rogen said Bran didn't have the best story and where did Arya's face shit go? and Jaime should have killed Cersei.)

53 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Seth Rogen when asked which show will end better, his show or Game of Thrones, says "I'm here, I think that's a good sign, I'm willing to show my face" unlike Benioff and Weiss:

(Later the host and audience brought up the bad GoT ending again, and Rogen said Bran didn't have the best story and where did Arya's face shit go? and Jaime should have killed Cersei.)

Most people with half a brain see what a shitfest GoT turned out to be. However, HBO and the actors (I know they are probably asked to do it) wants the audience to ignore plot holes the size of the moon, the absence of logic in character arcs, the incoherence and inconsistencies, the juvenile and distasteful dialogue and scenes, and the complete absence of good storytelling and just focus on the fact that the crew and actors worked so hard and passionately. As if this will somehow magically wave away the GoT nightmare and make things right. So, we should just forget how bad the show was and appreciate the effort, competence and skills be damned. It’s like saying give a kid who failed a test full marks because he/she studied so hard. If all filmmakers and studios began to state this, critics and audiences would rate all shows/movies A+. 

7 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Most people with half a brain see what a shitfest GoT turned out to be. However, HBO and the actors (I know they are probably asked to do it) wants the audience to ignore plot holes the size of the moon, the absence of logic in character arcs, the incoherence and inconsistencies, the juvenile and distasteful dialogue and scenes, and the complete absence of good storytelling and just focus on the fact that the crew and actors worked so hard and passionately. As if this will somehow magically wave away the GoT nightmare and make things right. So, we should just forget how bad the show was and appreciate the effort, competence and skills be damned. It’s like saying give a kid who failed a test full marks because he/she studied so hard. If all filmmakers and studios began to state this, critics and audiences would rate all shows/movies A+. 

Completly agree. All this denying the obvious truth by everyone related to GOT is just getting annoying... 

23 hours ago, teej6 said:

So true. We all work hard or we don't get paid, that's the way these things usually work. It's so tone deaf for wealthy actors to scold fans about what they should or should not say about a television show they paid to watch.

The fans at the fan convention were first told to only say positive things, then were refused a chance to speak at all. So if someone on the panel says Cersei's quick and easy death with her brother lover by her side was awesome, prepare for some booing.

Also when many viewers don't like something, as is clearly the case here, don't be paternal and say they really didn't like it because it ended. Everyone has been clear it's because the writing was bad (as if anyone needed to point that out).

On 7/21/2019 at 7:33 PM, divica said:

Completly agree. All this denying the obvious truth by everyone related to GOT is just getting annoying... 

Some of them.  Emilia Clarke's views on the shitfest that was Season 8 are pretty clear.

The script for Episode 6 has now been published.  It contains some real gems. 

Daenerys is "her Satanic Majesty."  Yep, Daenerys was the Devil all along.   D & D  expect us to believe that over the course of eight seasons, the character we were following was literally diabolical. That means that her followers were the dupes of the Devil, and that her enemies, like Kraznys, the Sons of the Harpy, Cersei et al, were on the side of righteousness.  It retrospectively justifies Robert's decision to have her and her unborn child assassinated, for how could the child of the Devil be anything other than a deadly threat to Mankind.

No wonder Emilia Clarke reacted with horror to that script.

Tyrion wanted a "bloodless revolution".  Good luck attempting that in this world.  This is of course, the same Tyrion who burned thousands alive with wildfire, in order to keep Joffrey on the Iron Throne.

Bran's Council is "smart and experienced."

I think that we can say with some confidence that D & D were just trolling the viewers in the final season.

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

The script for Episode 6 has now been published.  It contains some real gems. 

Daenerys is "her Satanic Majesty."  Yep, Daenerys was the Devil all along.   D & D  expect us to believe that over the course of eight seasons, the character we were following was literally diabolical. That means that her followers were the dupes of the Devil, and that her enemies, like Kraznys, the Sons of the Harpy, Cersei et al, were on the side of righteousness.  It retrospectively justifies Robert's decision to have her and her unborn child assassinated, for how could the child of the Devil be anything other than a deadly threat to Mankind.

No wonder Emilia Clarke reacted with horror to that script.

Tyrion wanted a "bloodless revolution".  Good luck attempting that in this world.  This is of course, the same Tyrion who burned thousands alive with wildfire, in order to keep Joffrey on the Iron Throne.

Bran's Council is "smart and experienced."

I think that we can say with some confidence that D & D were just trolling the viewers in the final season.

I was just coming to drop off the script and the news of it's existence out on the internets, I see you beat me to it.  I wasn't even really looking for such, just looking to ignore the real world for a bit when I found it.  I can't say I'm looking forward to reading it, I took a peek at the beginning, some of the stuff you've mentioned.  I'm not looking forward to plumbing the middle of it.......watching it was weird enough, LOL  

Here's a link to the total script.

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files/collateral/Game of Thrones - Ep 806 - The Iron Throne .pdf?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I was just coming to drop off the script and the news of it's existence out on the internets, I see you beat me to it.  I wasn't even really looking for such, just looking to ignore the real world for a bit when I found it.  I can't say I'm looking forward to reading it, I took a peek at the beginning, some of the stuff you've mentioned.  I'm not looking forward to plumbing the middle of it.......watching it was weird enough, LOL  

Here's a link to the total script.

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files/collateral/Game of Thrones - Ep 806 - The Iron Throne .pdf?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Reading the script, I can only say "It hurts us, it hurts us."

Oh, and Jon is holding Daenerys "Pieta-style."  I'm no theologian, but I can't recall the Virgin Mary stabbing Jesus Christ through the heart, while telling him she loved him.  Not in my copy of the Gospels, at any rate.

On reflection, I don't think D & D literally think that Daenerys was the Devil, simply someone who was as evil and irredeemable as the Devil.   Presumably, her anti-slavery campaign was evil, and the slave traders of Essos were the good guys.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Oh, and Jon is holding Daenerys "Pieta-style."  I'm no theologian, but I can't recall the Virgin Mary stabbing Jesus Christ through the heart, while telling him she loved him.  Not in my copy of the Gospels, at any rate.

On reflection, I don't think D & D literally think that Daenerys was the Devil, simply someone who was as evil and irredeemable as the Devil.   Presumably, her anti-slavery campaign was evil, and the slave traders of Essos were the good guys.

It's not just the theology that's all wrong, they have the familial relationship all messed up as well.  And......I probably don't want to overthink that, heaven knows the Ds didn't overthink anything. 

I'm going with, she must have been Evil or Demonic, if not they would have had to actually write something to explain What The Fuck actually happened there at the end. 

I wasn't going to really read much of the script but now I'm considering combing through it, sporadically.  We talk a lot about what the show did or didn't do to and with Dany, but I may read it just to find out if Jon had a PASSING FUCKING THOUGHT about his newly discovered parentage.  Just out of curiosity, ya know, LOL 

Excuse my language, it's a clue that I'm a bit pissed off again at the 'writers.'

Also the script reveals that Drogo didn't actually intentionally burn the throne, it was just a "dumb bystander" that happened to be hit by enough fire to completely melt? I don't know which is stupider.

9 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's not just the theology that's all wrong, they have the familial relationship all messed up as well.  And......I probably don't want to overthink that, heaven knows the Ds didn't overthink anything. 

I'm going with, she must have been Evil or Demonic, if not they would have had to actually write something to explain What The Fuck actually happened there at the end. 

I wasn't going to really read much of the script but now I'm considering combing through it, sporadically.  We talk a lot about what the show did or didn't do to and with Dany, but I may read it just to find out if Jon had a PASSING FUCKING THOUGHT about his newly discovered parentage.  Just out of curiosity, ya know, LOL 

Excuse my language, it's a clue that I'm a bit pissed off again at the 'writers.'

There is no word in all the tongues of elves and men that expresses what I think of D & D.

20 minutes ago, SeanF said:

This makes sense, given the other show they pitched to HBO.

10 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Arya What's west of Westeros?

Jon and Sansa look at each other. They both failed geography.

"They both failed geography" LMAO, what is this shite?

OMG!! You're kidding?  Of course you're not. 

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

This makes sense, given the other show they pitched to HBO.

You know, I think it's about 150 years since someone seriously put forward the view that abolitionism is evil.  

Archived