Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

13 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's not just the theology that's all wrong, they have the familial relationship all messed up as well.  And......I probably don't want to overthink that, heaven knows the Ds didn't overthink anything. 

I'm going with, she must have been Evil or Demonic, if not they would have had to actually write something to explain What The Fuck actually happened there at the end. 

I wasn't going to really read much of the script but now I'm considering combing through it, sporadically.  We talk a lot about what the show did or didn't do to and with Dany, but I may read it just to find out if Jon had a PASSING FUCKING THOUGHT about his newly discovered parentage.  Just out of curiosity, ya know, LOL 

Excuse my language, it's a clue that I'm a bit pissed off again at the 'writers.'

I think the script is even worse than the episode. from the bits I have read it is just garbage… I don t know how they aren t embarassed to print that crap…. Look at this;

12 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Arya What's west of Westeros?

Jon and Sansa look at each other. They both failed geography.

"They both failed geography" LMAO, what is this shite?

10 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Also the script reveals that Drogo didn't actually intentionally burn the throne, it was just a "dumb bystander" that happened to be hit by enough fire to completely melt? I don't know which is stupider.

In the scrips even drogon's character is ruined...

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Oh, OUCH!!  That really doesn't look good with a bit of thought, does it. 

Imagine a version of "Roots" in which the slave owners and traders are the good guys, and the slaves are the bad guys.

22 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Also the script reveals that Drogo didn't actually intentionally burn the throne, it was just a "dumb bystander" that happened to be hit by enough fire to completely melt? I don't know which is stupider.

I guess I'm going to have to read some of this, aren't I? 

Drogon just.............burned indiscriminately?  Anything but Jon?  I didn't have a problem with him not burning Jon, I had a problem with the ways in which we got to those scenes, but I could understand the not burning Jon on many levels.  But, I get the feeling I'll go look at that section of the script and just change my mind?  I shouldn't let them change my mind on Drogon with their stupid scribblings. 

20 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I guess I'm going to have to read some of this, aren't I? 

Drogon just.............burned indiscriminately?  Anything but Jon?  I didn't have a problem with him not burning Jon, I had a problem with the ways in which we got to those scenes, but I could understand the not burning Jon on many levels.  But, I get the feeling I'll go look at that section of the script and just change my mind?  I shouldn't let them change my mind on Drogon with their stupid scribblings. 

It's a terrible job, but someone has got to do it.

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It's a terrible job, but someone has got to do it.

I think I'm going to have to read it just to satisfy some curiosities on my part. 

Still, I am thoroughly happy that, for the most part, this version has receded for me.  It's like a bad 2 dimensional fanfic version.  Granted, the version had promise, at first.  It has terrific visuals and great actors, but the story itself became less and less believable as the years went on, and that has nothing to do with dragons and ice demons. 

It is shocking that the dudebros have No Shame in submitting such a juvenile mess for public viewing, much less Emmy consideration. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I think I'm going to have to read it just to satisfy some curiosities on my part. 

Still, I am thoroughly happy that, for the most part, this version has receded for me.  It's like a bad 2 dimensional fanfic version.  Granted, the version had promise, at first.  It has terrific visuals and great actors, but the story itself became less and less believable as the years went on, and that has nothing to do with dragons and ice demons. 

It is shocking that the dudebros have No Shame in submitting such a juvenile mess for public viewing, much less Emmy consideration. 

The thing is, I've read much better fanfic.  Written by people who actually know and love the story.

This script reads like "Legolas, by Laura."

Just read the script, if you can call it that... So bad, but some lowlights:

One thing that stands out is how saintly they make Tyrion, who is their self-insert in this whole mess. He's practically perfect in every way.

They continue to adore Carol and destroy Jaime, even in death: "They are still in each other's arms: his golden hand resting beside her head."

They say Dany is the woman Jon loves. St. Tyrion says he loves her, too (but he didn't get do so as "successfully" as Jon, aka in bed). Nothing says love like murder.

According to St. Tyrion, Dany is worse than Cersei, Tywin, and Ramsay together! They call her "Satanic Majesty" then say she dies like Jesus (a la The Pieta).

Drogon is "intelligent" and yet he decides that Jon is a friend. That wasn't very smart, was it. He doesn't punish his mother's murderer, and they never say why.

Jon is so sad, after he murders the woman he loves, he hopes for one final moment with her! Yara wants justice for Dany but backs down when Arya looks at her!

Jon shall take no wife, hold no lands, and father no children, and that's all Grey Worm needs to know. Suddenly he decides that's justice, but they never say why.

When the Starks bizarrely assert independence from the Stark king, there are no objections from the others. They never say why. Maybe Yara is still scared of Arya!

Sandra betrayed a godswood oath, and they say Jon hasn't forgiven her. But for some odd reason, the North is fine with her betrayals. They never say why.

They say Arya is Jon's favorite (yeah, we knew that). She is going west of Westeros, and this means she will never return. They never say why.

And finally St. Tyrion is awarded the cushy hand of the King job and asks, "How the fuck did this happen?" Which is what everyone asked. About the whole season, actually.

17 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

And we have confirmation that Jon didn't forgive Sansa in their last scene.

Welp, another nail in the Jonsa coffin, I guess.

LOL  See, there's that silver lining.  Granted, it might take Robert's Hammer to really make the point to some, but......

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  See, there's that silver lining.  Granted, it might take Robert's Hammer to really make the point to some, but......

I mean, Jon still thinks about Arya and Sansa as his sisters the entire time even after the reveal, that should tell everything.

2 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

I mean, Jon still thinks about Arya and Sansa as his sisters the entire time even after the reveal, that should tell everything.

Exactly, he doesn't even reframe it to:  Hmmm, I wonder what it'd be like to play Kissin' Cousins with the girls, be it one or the other.  

We begin to drift away from the table as these smart, experienced people plan a better future.

BRONN Speaking of builders... all the best brothels burned down. The Master of Coin is willing to fund reconstruction.

I don't know which is worse....the possibility that they completely missed the irony of what they just wrote here...or that the irony is intentional, and they were actually deliberately writing the end of Game of Thrones as though it was an episode Arrested Development.

NARRATOR Westeros will be safe in the hands of these smart, experienced people.

BRONN We need to build more brothels!

*laughter from the audience*

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Just read the script, if you can call it that... So bad, but some lowlights:

One thing that stands out is how saintly they make Tyrion, who is their self-insert in this whole mess. He's practically perfect in every way.

They continue to adore Carol and destroy Jaime, even in death: "They are still in each other's arms: his golden hand resting beside her head."

They say Dany is the woman Jon loves. St. Tyrion says he loves her, too (but he didn't get do so as "successfully" as Jon, aka in bed). Nothing says love like murder.

According to St. Tyrion, Dany is worse than Cersei, Tywin, and Ramsay together! They call her "Satanic Majesty" then say she dies like Jesus (a la The Pieta).

Drogon is "intelligent" and yet he decides that Jon is a friend. That wasn't very smart, was it. He doesn't punish his mother's murderer, and they never say why.

Jon is so sad, after he murders the woman he loves, he hopes for one final moment with her! Yara wants justice for Dany but backs down when Arya looks at her!

Jon shall take no wife, hold no lands, and father no children, and that's all Grey Worm needs to know. Suddenly he decides that's justice, but they never say why.

When the Starks bizarrely assert independence from the Stark king, there are no objections from the others. They never say why. Maybe Yara is still scared of Arya!

Sandra betrayed a godswood oath, and they say Jon hasn't forgiven her. But for some odd reason, the North is fine with her betrayals. They never say why.

They say Arya is Jon's favorite (yeah, we knew that). She is going west of Westeros, and this means she will never return. They never say why.

And finally St. Tyrion is awarded the cushy hand of the King job and asks, "How the fuck did this happen?" Which is what everyone asked. About the whole season, actually.

Was Daenerys supposed to be saying "thank you" to Jon for being murdered?

10 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Was Daenerys supposed to be saying "thank you" to Jon for being murdered?

Laughable, isn't it. She's a complete joke to them. The script is all about Tyrion and Jon. These poor men who murder their lovers. It's so hard for them. It makes them sad.

13 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Laughable, isn't it. She's a complete joke to them. The script is all about Tyrion and Jon. These poor men who murder their lovers. It's so hard for them. It makes them sad.

You can see why Emilia Clarke was so upset when she got to read the script for the final season.

7 hours ago, Corvinus said:

This makes sense, given the other show they pitched to HBO.

David and Dan as showrunners/"writers" of a TV show about a world where the US's South won the war... 

Yup, I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong there... :eek:

5 hours ago, Leticia Stark said:

And we have confirmation that Jon didn't forgive Sansa in their last scene.

Welp, another nail in the Jonsa coffin, I guess.

Not that it will matter for the die-hard Jonsa shippers, but as far as I'm concerned that coffin has about 7,863 nails in it, and is now 6 feet under. :D

On another note, I suppose we're talking about the Ep 6 script as it was published "thanks" to it being Emmy nominated. :ack:

But I'd be curious to get details on the Ep 3 script, like what exactly was Bran doing, and what was going thru his mind when the NK was looming over him. I'm sure it's something moronic, just wondering how moronic.

Archived