Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

I'm genuinely curious as to the importance that *seemed* to be emphasized on Valyrian steel. Only as far as the show goes though, seeing as how the books aren't finished. It was (to my knowledge of the show) used in an important way twice. The first being that Jon Snow was astonished he could parry a blow from a white walker (lieutenant)? and kill him while the dragonglass seems ineffective on the *big dogs* so to speak. The second obviously being Arya killing the Night King. Now I understand that Tywin was dismantling and re-working the Valyrian steel of "Ice" to symbolize the end of house Stark while simultaneously strengthening house Lannister. I suppose that would be a third use? Nothing really came of that though except of course the swords themselves, which served no purpose other than just being swords with names and knighting Ser Brienne. I guess (again, as far as the show goes) I'm disappointed that nothing really came of all the blades of Valyrian steel once they were all brought together for a last hoorah. Even Jorah who was given a Valyrian steel blade from Sam Tarly only used it to kill the lessers of the walkers, he may as well have had a dragonglass blade for all the good it did him. Same goes for Jon, Jaime and Brienne. Is anyone else feeling like the significance of Valyrian steel was robbed from the show? I only ask this because the battle that built up for 7 seasons was only an episode long and a knife that was designed to kill Bran saved him. It was the only interesting thing about Valyrian steel throughout the entire series that was worth seeing for how significant it seemed... Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Laughable, isn't it. She's a complete joke to them. The script is all about Tyrion and Jon. These poor men who murder their lovers. It's so hard for them. It makes them sad.

Yeh, it's like people saying we should feel sorry for Agamemnon or Jephtha for killing their daughters.

it's not the fathers I feel sorry for in those stories.

12 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

OMG! what a load of crap. I want to shoot St. Tyrion and then spit on his corpse, and I actually like Tyrion in the books. Can any character be more annoying? And then there’s poor dumb as f#%k Jon who still believes in his queen despite her just having burned alive a million people. Burned corpses of little children won’t make loyal Jon turn against his queen but 2 mins of pep talk from St. Tyrion will. I want to scream.   

And anyone noticed that the two morons don’t even bother explaining Bran’s motive or his powers. He’s watching a bug crawl up his sleeve while St. Tyrion is pitching his candidacy, that’s all the description we get about God-King Bran. I suppose bugs and beetles are D&D’s way of describing the unexplainable. More and more I’m convinced that they were clueless about most of the story after they ran out of book material, and GRRM gave them very little information in their sit down with him.

4 minutes ago, teej6 said:

OMG! what a load of crap. I want to shoot St. Tyrion and then spit on his corpse, and I actually like Tyrion in the books. Can any character be more annoying? And then there’s poor dumb as f#%k Jon who still believes in his queen despite her just having burned alive a million people. Burned corpses of little children won’t make loyal Jon turn against his queen but 2 mins of pep talk from St. Tyrion will. I want to scream.   

And anyone noticed that the two morons don’t even bother explaining Bran’s motive or his powers. He’s watching a bug crawl up his sleeve while St. Tyrion is pitching his candidacy, that’s all the description we get about God-King Bran. I suppose bugs and beetles are D&D’s way of describing the unexplainable. More and more I’m convinced that they were clueless about most of the story after they ran out of book material, and GRRM gave them very little information in their sit down with him.

I think the bit about La Pieta made me throw up in my mouth.

15 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's not just the theology that's all wrong, they have the familial relationship all messed up as well.  And......I probably don't want to overthink that, heaven knows the Ds didn't overthink anything. 

I'm going with, she must have been Evil or Demonic, if not they would have had to actually write something to explain What The Fuck actually happened there at the end. 

I wasn't going to really read much of the script but now I'm considering combing through it, sporadically.  We talk a lot about what the show did or didn't do to and with Dany, but I may read it just to find out if Jon had a PASSING FUCKING THOUGHT about his newly discovered parentage.  Just out of curiosity, ya know, LOL 

Excuse my language, it's a clue that I'm a bit pissed off again at the 'writers.'

I want someone to write a fanfic in which Drogon forcibly sodomises D &D.  I might even write it myself.

4 hours ago, teej6 said:

No doubt, I mean look at these gems:

BRAN Why do you think I came all this way?

A strange response but Tyrion has come to expect strange answers from Bran.

BRAN And Drogon? Any word?

SAMWELL He was last spotted flying east.

BRONN The farther away the better.

BRAN Perhaps I can find him. Do carry on with the rest.

That’s weird. But so is the new king.

This is actual writing from an actual Emmy-nominated script.

6 hours ago, SeanF said:

I think the bit about La Pieta made me throw up in my mouth.

That shows how clueless D and D are….

One second she is murdering thousands of children, the next jon still thinks she is good, then jon talks to her and decides she is evil and in the end they want to give her death a holy touch...

This all happens in the same episode and when put together makes no sense.

13 hours ago, Corvinus said:

On another note, I suppose we're talking about the Ep 6 script as it was published "thanks" to it being Emmy nominated. :ack:

But I'd be curious to get details on the Ep 3 script, like what exactly was Bran doing, and what was going thru his mind when the NK was looming over him. I'm sure it's something moronic, just wondering how moronic.

Their love was a most fated one. That's why both the mooks just stood there making goo goo eyes at each other.

20 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I guess I'm going to have to read some of this, aren't I? 

Drogon just.............burned indiscriminately?  Anything but Jon?  I didn't have a problem with him not burning Jon, I had a problem with the ways in which we got to those scenes, but I could understand the not burning Jon on many levels.  But, I get the feeling I'll go look at that section of the script and just change my mind?  I shouldn't let them change my mind on Drogon with their stupid scribblings. 

So... Easy peasy...

Dany was 'just evil'. Drogon was 'just stupid'?

Even the damn lizard got chopped to pieces as a character. Fabulous.

9 hours ago, SeanF said:

Yeh, it's like people saying we should feel sorry for Agamemnon or Jephtha for killing their daughters.

it's not the fathers I feel sorry for in those stories.

Well, imo the Odissey makes for more manly storytelling. Insert sarcasm. No need for the complications of morally challenging choices in that part of the story. No need for daughter killing at all. And the wife was an adulterous moron, tada!. Not an agent of her own vengeance over a murdered daughter, as per the less flattering to the persona of the 'murdered king' version.

Or you could just have a captured slave girl kill him during the sack of Troy. Ugh.

10 hours ago, teej6 said:

Yeah, you are reminding me of how much I wanted to scream at the original episode.  The Dudebro's St. Tyrion show, it really was so annoying.  The script makes it worse, cause to me, no, Tyrion wasn't done with wanting power, he got the whole shebang in the end, well...........all except a she to bang, that is.  It felt so.......manipulative and cheap and I wanted to scream then, and I, too, like Book Tyrion.  I have to remind myself not to blame Dinklage.  I actually feel bad for him, not getting to play the 3 dimensional character that GRRM created. 

Yes, their Bran asides are cheap, too.  They have that down to just everyone noting to themselves......that kid, what a weirdo, huh?  I'm not sure they were clueless about GRRM's ideas for the ending, they just didn't know how to write it themselves.....they had a few seasons for setup and actual story, but blew it off. 

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

I want someone to write a fanfic in which Drogon forcibly sodomises D &D.  I might even write it myself.

Drogon's too good for that, I'd be happy if he left them on a deserted island after offering them a ride to the Emmys.  Hell, maybe that's why we haven't see the Ds. LOL 

29 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Drogon's too good for that, I'd be happy if he left them on a deserted island after offering them a ride to the Emmys.  Hell, maybe that's why we haven't see the Ds. LOL 

Only if there's nothing to drink but seawater.

23 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's not just the theology that's all wrong, they have the familial relationship all messed up as well.  And......I probably don't want to overthink that, heaven knows the Ds didn't overthink anything. 

I'm going with, she must have been Evil or Demonic, if not they would have had to actually write something to explain What The Fuck actually happened there at the end. 

I wasn't going to really read much of the script but now I'm considering combing through it, sporadically.  We talk a lot about what the show did or didn't do to and with Dany, but I may read it just to find out if Jon had a PASSING FUCKING THOUGHT about his newly discovered parentage.  Just out of curiosity, ya know, LOL 

Excuse my language, it's a clue that I'm a bit pissed off again at the 'writers.'

There are two alternatives:-

(a) Daenerys really is a demon, disguised as an angel of light, sent to the Devil's work on earth, or 

(b) the purely secular interpretation, that she was from an early age, a murderous, lying, hypocrite, whose aims were always selfish and evil, and who duped good people into serving her. That would tie in with Tyrion's retconning of her anti-slavery campaign as evil, and attempts to argue that she was evil for letting Drogo kill her brother.

Needless to say, this bears but a passing resemblance to the character that was established in the first 70 episodes.

Found this on WIC, they said it was originally posted on reddit.  I haven't finished giving it the once over, but I LMAO at Dany shooting the finger from atop Drogon, LOLOLOL

https://i.redd.it/00hhmylyngb31.jpg

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/07/31/this-fan-made-medieval-style-manuscript-for-the-bells-is-hilarious/

The Mountain looks a bit.......androgynous? 

56 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I have to remind myself not to blame Dinklage.  I actually feel bad for him, not getting to play the 3 dimensional character that GRRM created. 

Yeah I wouldn’t blame Dinklage... considering how awful the script is, he did a half decent job. 

56 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yes, their Bran asides are cheap, too.  They have that down to just everyone noting to themselves......that kid, what a weirdo, huh?  I'm not sure they were clueless about GRRM's ideas for the ending, they just didn't know how to write it themselves.....they had a few seasons for setup and actual story, but blew it off. 

All their asides are cheap and juvenile. It just goes to show what amateurs they are... complete hacks. As to GRRM’s ideas, he told them that Bran becomes God-King in the end, the how and why I believe he left out. They have no clue what Bran’s actual powers are or what his motives are — is he a benevolent presence, or is he indifferent, or even worse are his intentions and motives more nefarious? Instead, they have him referred to as the weird kid by Tyrion and leave it at that. Their version of an omniscient being is someone that is weird, manipulative, acts like he’s on some sort of trippy psychedelic drug, be totally emotionless, and say weird freaky shit that makes no sense to the in-world characters or the audience, and then rule the world because St. Tyrion says so. 

"There is nothing in the world more powerful than a good story. Nothing can stop it, no enemy can defeat it."

Well, they defeated a good story. They sure like talking about themselves. So add that to the other unintended self-reference: "How the fuck did this happen?"

"He is our memory, the keeper of all our stories -- all the tragedy, all the comedy, the wars, the weddings and births and massacres and famines. Our triumphs. Our defeats. Our past."

So he says Bran doesn't have the best story after all, he just remembers other stories, and no, he doesn't keep all the stories, his memory is quite erratic.

Bran looks down at the armrest of his wheelchair. A tiny pill bug crawls along the wood... Bran puts his hand down and lets the bug crawl into his palm... Bran sets his hand back on the arm rest and lets the pill bug crawl off and resume his journey.

Again with the bugs. Are humans the bug to him? "Who better to lead us into the future?" Most would agree, not a god who regards humanity as a bug.

Not a single thought is expanded upon it in any logical or meaningful way. It reads like scrawling on cocktail napkins taped together. Then lots of money is thrown at it.

18 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

"There is nothing in the world more powerful than a good story. Nothing can stop it, no enemy can defeat it."

Well, they defeated a good story. They sure like talking about themselves. So add that to the other unintended self-reference: "How the fuck did this happen?"

Tyrion "Nothing can defeat a good story"

D & D "Hold my beer."

27 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Not a single thought is expanded upon it in any logical or meaningful way. It reads like scrawling on cocktail napkins taped together. Then lots of money is thrown at it.

My thoughts exactly. The biggest joke will be that they are going to get the Emmy for this pile of crap. 

Archived