Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

Tyrion, Jorah, Jon Snow, all big dumdums who fell for her not because she was a charismatic strong-willed leader who was constantly trying to balance her not inconsiderable power into doing the right thing, but because they wanted to get into them panties.

Tyrion: I know you love her. I love her, too. Not as successfully as you.

BARF!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Tyrion, Jorah, Jon Snow, all big dumdums who fell for her not because she was a charismatic strong-willed leader who was constantly trying to balance her not inconsiderable power into doing the right thing, but because they wanted to get into them panties.

Tyrion: I know you love her. I love her, too. Not as successfully as you.

BARF!!!!!!!!

Well, attractive powerful women are predatory harpies who corrupt men through sex.  That's the only way they can get into power.

It is known.

No wonder GRRM seems nostalgic? 

If indeed ASOIAF was written initially as a reaction to the endless 'corrections' to his writting to make it 'more viewer and industry friendly'? As a dare, to himself, to write something unfilmable?

Deciding to allow someone (or someones) with the cash and clout to go at it with a will must've been the ultimate trial by fire.

Tada! Prueva no superada. And point bloody made. I can only imagine the 'alterations' he directly had to argue down and back from that first, disastrous pilot to the late days of his direct involvement.  

From then on my best guess is there was only the Pilate route. The experiment was done and the lesson learned.

5 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

I can only imagine the 'alterations' he directly had to argue down and back from that first, disastrous pilot to the late days of his direct involvement. 

George wanted Jeyne Poole as fake Arya to be introduced in the second episode of season 4, but the D men cut that out. The second episode of season 4 is also the last episode that was written by George. I don't think the relationship between George and the D men is as dandy as the interviews make it seem, there is no way George is happy with the direction the show went starting from season 4.

18 hours ago, SeanF said:

Well, attractive powerful women are predatory harpies who corrupt men through sex.  That's the only way they can get into power.

It is known.

Unless they have dragons. In which case, they are too powerful and have to be constantly restrained by reasonable men - even if those men have inexplicably lost most of their braincells and constantly give crap advice.

1 hour ago, miyuki said:

George wanted Jeyne Poole as fake Arya to be introduced in the second episode of season 4, but the D men cut that out. The second episode of season 4 is also the last episode that was written by George. I don't think the relationship between George and the D men is as dandy as the interviews make it seem, there is no way George is happy with the direction the show went starting from season 4.

I think I read somewhere (I forget where) that D & D were planning to have Sansa be married to Ramsay in Season 5 three years in advance

9 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

I think I read somewhere (I forget where) that D & D were planning to have Sansa be married to Ramsay in Season 5 three years in advance

I wouldn't be surprised, since they planned the epic Arya killing Night King in like 2015 or 2016. 

Can't wait for the Emmy awards. The D men are very likely gonna win the best writing and their speech is going to be hilarious.

22 minutes ago, miyuki said:

I wouldn't be surprised, since they planned the epic Arya killing Night King in like 2015 or 2016. 

Can't wait for the Emmy awards. The D men are very likely gonna win the best writing and their speech is going to be hilarious.

The tragedy and comedy lines aren't going to blur. They'll be a hop skip jump straight into oblivion.

Emmys will be interesting at least for the articles after they win best show and best writing. The scripts are out there, they can run but they can't hide. There were tons of eyes on that trash. And the better scripts are out there, too, the ones who deserve to win.

Also spotted this article:

It’s interesting that HBO, which is developing a Game of Thrones prequel starring Naomi Watts, didn’t ante up to keep both men. It’s not that they couldn’t afford it, because HBO’s parent company WarnerMedia is close to finalizing a $500 million deal with J.J. Abrams (again, we’d point out, a showrunner with a long track record, as opposed to one big hit).

“Certain people command (nine figures,) and we’ve made those deals,” Universal TV president Pearlena Igbokwe told THR, adding that angling for Benioff and Weiss “is not a deal that I went after.”

The two showrunners at this point are famous for one show — more specifically, for making a little more than 70 episodes of it. Next up, they’re also working with Disney on at least one Star Wars film, and it also remains to be seen what they’ll tackle for the streaming giant. They’ve proven themselves both talented as well as capable of such divisive choices that they turn off big chunks of a franchise’s fan base. All of which is to say, it certainly remains to be seen whether this turns out to be a bet Netflix will be glad that it made.

https://bgr.com/2019/08/15/game-of-thrones-creators-netflix-deal-analysis/

Hmmm, experts have the abomination winning for drama, of course. Best season ever!

https://www.goldderby.com/odds/expert-odds/emmy-awards-2019/

Best directing for the episode we couldn't see that made no sense anyway so we didn't miss much.

Best supporting actor, Dinklage again for bad accent pontificating, he robbed Jonathan Banks before, too.

Best writing, maybe someone actually read the trash script because they are way down in the list.

15 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Hmmm, experts have the abomination winning for drama, of course. Best season ever!

https://www.goldderby.com/odds/expert-odds/emmy-awards-2019/

Best directing for the episode we couldn't see that made no sense anyway so we didn't miss much.

Best supporting actor, Dinklage again for bad accent pontificating, he robbed Jonathan Banks before, too.

Best writing, maybe someone actually read the trash script because they are way down in the list.

Is there any Emmy Award for producing Bullshit?

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

Is there any Emmy Award for producing Bullshit?

Rhea Seehorn of Better Call Saul also was robbed, of a nomination, she would have been in the best supporting actress category that the Game of Thrones popularity contest dominated. Jonathan Banks did get a nomination, but he won't win because... Game of Thrones.

To watch a show like Better Call Saul and then Game of Thrones, and see which one will get all the awards.... the Emmy Awards are just plain bullshit.

So HBO didn't want Benioff and Weiss, nor Universal. And also interesting, looks like Disney is backing off their involvement with Star Wars.

"Certain people command [nine figures,] and we've made those deals," says Universal TV president Pearlena Igbokwe, who inked multitasking producer Mike Schur (The Good Place) to a five-year pact valued at $125 million. "[Benioff and Weiss] is not a deal that I went after."

The same is true for HBO, the duo's decade-plus home, which sources say was unwilling to offer the bid they wanted. Instead, HBO parent WarnerMedia is in final talks for a $500 million pact with J.J. Abrams — who already has three shows on the network. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/are-game-thrones-creators-a-smart-gamble-netflix-1231326

According to THR, who reports on the duo's massive $250 million Netflix deal, David Benioff and Dan Weiss may only be writing Star Wars movies for Disney and possibly one to boot...

The news of David Benioff and Dan Weiss potentially not directing a Star Wars trilogy is rather interesting as it follows the fan backlash surrounding the ending to Game of Thrones. It could be possible that Disney second-guessed Kathleen Kennedy's choice of David Benioff and Dan Weiss to helm a new Star Wars trilogy and simply let them go to Netflix.

https://cosmicbook.news/benioff-weiss-off-disney-star-wars

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So HBO didn't want Benioff and Weiss, nor Universal. And also interesting, looks like Disney is backing off their involvement with Star Wars.

"Certain people command [nine figures,] and we've made those deals," says Universal TV president Pearlena Igbokwe, who inked multitasking producer Mike Schur (The Good Place) to a five-year pact valued at $125 million. "[Benioff and Weiss] is not a deal that I went after."

The same is true for HBO, the duo's decade-plus home, which sources say was unwilling to offer the bid they wanted. Instead, HBO parent WarnerMedia is in final talks for a $500 million pact with J.J. Abrams — who already has three shows on the network. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/are-game-thrones-creators-a-smart-gamble-netflix-1231326

According to THR, who reports on the duo's massive $250 million Netflix deal, David Benioff and Dan Weiss may only be writing Star Wars movies for Disney and possibly one to boot...

The news of David Benioff and Dan Weiss potentially not directing a Star Wars trilogy is rather interesting as it follows the fan backlash surrounding the ending to Game of Thrones. It could be possible that Disney second-guessed Kathleen Kennedy's choice of David Benioff and Dan Weiss to helm a new Star Wars trilogy and simply let them go to Netflix.

https://cosmicbook.news/benioff-weiss-off-disney-star-wars

So... the whole 'very disputed and close bidding war until Netflix did their thing' was BS? Lovely.

Also, I guess that derrails the unholy trinity of prophecised destruction: HBO, Disney and Netflix? The Mouse House  already sampled fan backlash due to Star Wars. 

And even the one movie they are reduced to sounds more like a contract obligation for Disney than a 'we absolutely wants these guys?'.

Whoever said the 'now they're contained to Netflix, yay!', wins a cookie.

16 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

So... the whole 'very disputed and close bidding war until Netflix did their thing' was BS? Lovely.

Also, I guess that derrails the unholy trinity of prophecised destruction: HBO, Disney and Netflix? The Mouse House  already sampled fan backlash due to Star Wars. 

And even the one movie they are reduced to sounds more like a contract obligation for Disney than a 'we absolutely wants these guys?'.

Whoever said the 'now they're contained to Netflix, yay!', wins a cookie.

Well, it's good because you can easily avoid them by just dropping Netflix.

"simply let them go to Netflix"

So now "go to Netflix" can be a saying. Oh, go to Netflix!

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Well, it's good because you can easily avoid them by just dropping Netflix.

"simply let them go to Netflix"

So now "go to Netflix" can be a saying. Oh, go to Netflix!

Maybe Netflix will get them to do childrens' television.

53 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Maybe Netflix will get them to do childrens' television.

They should be kept clear of writing about women, that's for sure. Children. Men they don't like.

Who is left for them to write about? A self-insert. He can walk slowly. Look sad while saying nothing. Arrange chairs.

Archived