Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

On 3/19/2019 at 9:55 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Honestly, I think it's Siddig I feel the worst for, poor guy.  Of course, it's the Bad Pussy they kept around longer, maybe they wanted more scenes set to Benny Hill music.  It is an improvement. 

Can't say who they did worst between Jaime, Sansa, Stannis, Euron (yes him too), the Black Fish, Rickon, the North in general. But Doran, Ellaria and Dorne in general are near the top.

41 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

I can't believe it took Jaime four seasons to dump her. He's still with her after she tried to so an Aerys. They really have no idea what they're even doing at this point. 

I also find it amazing that they took Euron from being a eerily evil, charismatic and even a bit mythic pirate-villain and turned him into a cock-bragging frat boy. How they do it, I have no idea. Anything fantastical, mythic, romantic or what seems to have been systematically dropped as the show progressed. It's weird. 

I still don't really understand why Jaime broke with her when he did, it seemed arbitrary.

I'm not saying I side with Cersei, but choosing not to fight with Danerys and the Starks against the white walkers is hardly crazy. Cersei has no men at the moment and couldn't make a difference even if she wanted to. And there is no way that after the war is won they let Cersei control anything anyway. It's short sighted logic sure, but there is logic to it. I don't see why Jaime would object to that so much, when he was fine with Cersei literally blowing up hundreds of innocent people with wildfyre, the very thing he killed aerys to stop. It makes no sense at all.

3 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yup, as soon as you start to recognize the characters........WHAM!!  A nice doucheberry D original line snaps you out of it. 

I couldn't agree more, NCW does a terrific job at channeling the Jaime that we, and he, all know exists somewhere in an alternate universe.  Gwen has great chemistry with him, but NCW had chemistry with Tarth itself, as well as Gwen, LOL 

:wub:that goes beyoooond chemistry

43 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

:wub:that goes beyoooond chemistry

43 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

because we wanted it to happen!

Awwwwwwwwwwww, The Tarth Gaze!!  Ya'd think it doesn't belong in The Rant and Rave Thread, but it does.  WHY OH WHY...........did that Jaime only show up sporadically during the last few seasons!!  :tantrum:

https://external-preview.redd.it/2JDnfE4oXDyCE_-JN2mV9VRnPR5wFYp8zK-9ycBIyPA.gif?format=png8&s=d705126953e7d774fc2cb5f5d4cb1044f8891280

Eh, didn't like the above clip.  Here's the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nuNKEhuIlY

And........I apologize for not cutting it off after The Tarth Gaze.  What ever would we do without Bro Bronn ruining a perfectly good scene?  And, I like Bronn, for the most part.  It's all the crappy dick jokes the Ds write for him that I could do without. 

3 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yup, as soon as you start to recognize the characters........WHAM!!  A nice doucheberry D original line snaps you out of it. 

Are you saying 'bad pussy' wasn't in the books? Or that every 10th word isn't cock or cunt in the books? Darn, I need to read them again.

2 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

I also find it amazing that they took Euron from being a eerily evil, charismatic and even a bit mythic pirate-villain and turned him into a cock-bragging frat boy. How they do it, I have no idea. Anything fantastical, mythic, romantic or what seems to have been systematically dropped as the show progressed. It's weird. 

Euron watched 'Pirates of the Caribbean' one too many times and wanted to model himself after Jack Sparrow. The result, as we all saw, he ain't no Jack Sparrow.

12 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Awwwwwwwwwwww, The Tarth Gaze!!  Ya'd think it doesn't belong in The Rant and Rave Thread, but it does.  WHY OH WHY...........did that Jaime only show up sporadically during the last few seasons!!  :tantrum:

https://external-preview.redd.it/2JDnfE4oXDyCE_-JN2mV9VRnPR5wFYp8zK-9ycBIyPA.gif?format=png8&s=d705126953e7d774fc2cb5f5d4cb1044f8891280

Eh, didn't like the above clip.  Here's the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nuNKEhuIlY

And........I apologize for not cutting it off after The Tarth Gaze.  What ever would we do without Bro Bronn ruining a perfectly good scene?  And, I like Bronn, for the most part.  It's all the crappy dick jokes the Ds write for him that I could do without. 

I remember that scrne as......thr calm before the storm of the episode. Or rather...the happinness in between the horror.

On 23 March 2019 at 4:28 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

Can't say who they did worst between Jaime, Sansa, Stannis, Euron (yes him too), the Black Fish, Rickon, the North in general. But Doran, Ellaria and Dorne in general are near the top.

Ellaria's final confrontation with Cersei was brilliant, showing what a waste they made of a fine actress by giving her such a stupid storyline in Seasons 5 and 6.

12 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Ellaria's final confrontation with Cersei was brilliant, showing what a waste they made of a fine actress by giving her such a stupid storyline in Seasons 5 and 6.

Oh I missed that. And completely agree on the shameless waste of Indira Varma. :bang:

On 3/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

I remember that scrne as......thr calm before the storm of the episode. Or rather...the happinness in between the horror.

Another glimpse at book Jaime! :wub:

I was reading your J/B thread yesterday and I caught myself almost hopping for something good there. All those quotes by NCW...

But if I’ve learned anything from the show is that I shouldn’t hope. For anything, but especially anything related to Jaime. So I gave myself a wake up call, and now I’m just expecting for Brienne and Tormund to ride off into the sunset (meaning die horribly), and some half-baked scene where Jaime kills our hero Cersei. 

And then if something nice does happen, I’ll be pleasantly surprised instead of feeling utterly gutted as usual. :D

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Another glimpse at book Jaime! :wub:

I was reading your J/B thread yesterday and I caught myself almost hopping for something good there. All those quotes by NCW...

But if I’ve learned anything from the show is that I shouldn’t hope. For anything, but especially anything related to Jaime. So I gave myself a wake up call, and now I’m just expecting for Brienne and Tormund to ride off into the sunset (meaning die horribly), and some half-baked scene where Jaime kills our hero Cersei. 

And then if something nice does happen, I’ll be pleasantly surprised instead of feeling utterly gutted as usual. :D

I think it's a good approach of things given the past with show Jaime! XD

I don't expect much...but in the romance department I hope there are some nice things on store....

So. Now it’s s4 over and over again. And no, I haven’t done anything about HBO GO yet. So I’m still waiting for that special comedy hour that is 706 (?). 

But while surfing on my day off I caught a bit of 402 - or was it 403? Dunno, the Purple Wedding ep. And I just caught bits of it - my orchids are so much more important! - but... what can I say? Yikes? Yikes is not my GoT mantra btw. 

One scene I saw was the mock war of the 5K. The one portraying Renly has a faux bum sticking out of his costume, and the others keep trying to stick a baton type object up his read end. I didn’t remember that. That scene was... horrible, stupid, dumb. They are insulting the family that’s becoming their kin by marriage, their only allies, and their source of income, food, etc etc etc. 

But even if that was not the case, what the actual fuck w/ this show’s “humour” that I simply don’t get? 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

So. Now it’s s4 over and over again. And no, I haven’t done anything about HBO GO yet. So I’m still waiting for that special comedy hour that is 706 (?). 

But while surfing on my day off I caught a bit of 402 - or was it 403? Dunno, the Purple Wedding ep. And I just caught bits of it - my orchids are so much more important! - but... what can I say? Yikes? Yikes is not my GoT mantra btw. 

One scene I saw was the mock war of the 5K. The one portraying Renly has a faux bum sticking out of his costume, and the others keep trying to stick a baton type object up his read end. I didn’t remember that. That scene was... horrible, stupid, dumb. They are insulting the family that’s becoming their kin by marriage, their only allies, and their source of income, food, etc etc etc. 

But even if that was not the case, what the actual fuck w/ this show’s “humour” that I simply don’t get? 

It was Joff's idea of 'humor' to give the audience one more reason to hate him.  The fact that Loras walks out, and both Marg and Oleana look upset is also in the scene, and then it ends with him ranting about Tyrion because he's a dwarf.  I actually thought that was a pretty good episode minus a few stupidities like Brienne never bothering to talk to Sansa alone....

On 3/10/2019 at 10:01 PM, Risto said:

I swear to you, I wouldn't be surprised to see Night's King defeated 

What the Night's King gets defeated? I was hoping for a happy ending to this mess.

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It was Joff's idea of 'humor' to give the audience one more reason to hate him.  The fact that Loras walks out, and both Marg and Oleana look upset is also in the scene, and then it ends with him ranting about Tyrion because he's a dwarf.  I actually thought that was a pretty good episode minus a few stupidities like Brienne never bothering to talk to Sansa alone....

Yeah, I got it was Joff being “funny” but... :ack:

Mace was there as well. I didn’t see the rest of the ep, but Sansa and Brienne being both there is something I remembered. Utterly stupid. 

And now s5 is on and I’m trying to decide: watch to remind myself of how terrible it was, or not? Leaning towards the latter, as most of it is still painfully fresh in my memory.

And I wish Sam's and Bran's journeys had anything to do with solving the problem of the Night King. The point of sending Sam to Oldtown was to find info on the others, the point of Bran's story is to help defeat him. Or am I wrong there? Instead both of their journeys so far have all been about R+L=J. What is so freaking important at this point about who fucked whom to create Jon Snow? Isn't it a 100000% more important to stop a genocidal ice monster that's about to kill them all?

22 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

This scene didnt bother me as it made you hate Joff even more and really seems like something Book Joff would do anyway.  The thing I hated abt the Purple Wedding on HBO was the conversations between Cersei/Brienne and Cersei/Oberyn...they are both so dumb!!!! I HATE THE WRITERS OF THIS SHOW!!!!!

Archived