Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

On 11/9/2019 at 9:57 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Didn't know that was on the table.

They flirted together when they met in Meereen. 

That was a couple of episodes after the classic line "I'm going to f*ck the tits of this one."

Nice one, Emilia! 

“The response to the final episodes of Game Of Thrones was overwhelmingly negative. With some distance, how do you feel about that reaction?”

EC: I was too busy focusing on my own reactions to really pay too much attention, if any at all. The only thing I felt truthfully sad about was that [executive producers] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] are my really good friends, and so it’s for them that I feel heartbreak, because it’s theirs.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/stellar/emilia-clarke-i-cant-demand-dragons-forever/news-story/4210fefeed4b2b0a965ead7fa86217de?nk=dee8ae5d390b652dd747010beb082fbc-1573836542

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Nice one, Emilia! 

“The response to the final episodes of Game Of Thrones was overwhelmingly negative. With some distance, how do you feel about that reaction?”

EC: I was too busy focusing on my own reactions to really pay too much attention, if any at all. The only thing I felt truthfully sad about was that [executive producers] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] are my really good friends, and so it’s for them that I feel heartbreak, because it’s theirs.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/stellar/emilia-clarke-i-cant-demand-dragons-forever/news-story/4210fefeed4b2b0a965ead7fa86217de?nk=dee8ae5d390b652dd747010beb082fbc-1573836542

She is one of the few actors that accepted season 8 was crap. 

I would like to know if it was because she hated it or because she is more used to failed projects than other actors...

Because the reality is that most actors like kit that talked about s8 just aren t used to fan backlash.. And it is pretty clear how they criticized the season in the beguining and as fans started to hate the actors started to defend it. 

19 minutes ago, divica said:

Because the reality is that most actors like kit that talked about s8 just aren t used to fan backlash.. And it is pretty clear how they criticized the season in the beguining and as fans started to hate the actors started to defend it. 

I haven’t seen many actors defending s8 tbh, not even Kit Harington. What I mean is, I never read or heard Kit say s8 was awesome, or good, or anything. Granted, I haven’t read much about it, but what I did see seemed more like he was upset b/c people in general didn’t like it, and they (cast and crew) had put so much effort into it. It’s quite sad, actually... all the blood, sweat, and tears, wasted and turned into something nasty and dumb, and all because David and Dan were not only clueless, but also too conceited and full of themselves to realise they had no talent and needed help, and yet were completely deaf to any input or criticism. 

48 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I haven’t seen many actors defending s8 tbh, not even Kit Harington. What I mean is, I never read or heard Kit say s8 was awesome, or good, or anything. Granted, I haven’t read much about it, but what I did see seemed more like he was upset b/c people in general didn’t like it, and they (cast and crew) had put so much effort into it. It’s quite sad, actually... all the blood, sweat, and tears, wasted and turned into something nasty and dumb, and all because David and Dan were not only clueless, but also too conceited and full of themselves to realise they had no talent and needed help, and yet were completely deaf to any input or criticism. 

There used to be a saying that the French could take crap, and turn it into a great meal;. While the English could take a great meal, and turn it into crap,

D & D did the latter.  They had loads of cash, great actors, committed staff, and they produced crap.

51 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Most of the latter interviews were about defending the show. That they agreed with the direction the show went and things like that. Hell didn t sophie talk about fans being angry because the series ended and they couldn t make everybody happy?

I really think that most actors despite not liking the show and saying so in the earlier interviews were expecting the public to love it. When they realised that the public also hated it they  went into denial mode. Emillia is one of the actress that recently participated in projects like solo or terminator that were also failures. I think she handled the situation much better than other actors.

ps by the way, is emillia cursed? Has she participated in something sucessful since terminator? (I am assuming it aired after s6)

11 minutes ago, divica said:

Most of the latter interviews were about defending the show. That they agreed with the direction the show went and things like that. Hell didn t sophie talk about fans being angry because the series ended and they couldn t make everybody happy?

I really think that most actors despite not liking the show and saying so in the earlier interviews were expecting the public to love it. When they realised that the public also hated it they  went into denial mode. Emillia is one of the actress that recently participated in projects like solo or terminator that were also failures. I think she handled the situation much better than other actors.

ps by the way, is emillia cursed? Has she participated in something sucessful since terminator? (I am assuming it aired after s6)

They've been critical of the petition to redo the final season for sure.

I wouldn't say that Emilia's the only one who's cursed; Sophie had Dark Phoenix come out and we all know how that went.

9 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

They've been critical of the petition to redo the final season for sure.

I wouldn't say that Emilia's the only one who's cursed; Sophie had Dark Phoenix come out and we all know how that went.

It certainly was a bad year for sophie… But I think she would need at least another suposed blockbuster that completly fails for me to consider her cursed.

And didn t  jcw (Jaime) also completly fail with egiptina gods or whatever the movie was called?

16 hours ago, divica said:

She got good reviews for her performance in Last Christmas.

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

She got good reviews for her performance in Last Christmas.

will it even be profitable? 

Honestly I think she needs to choose very carefully her next project. I doubt that she can have a movie career if she keeps having bad box offices...

22 hours ago, divica said:

will it even be profitable? 

Honestly I think she needs to choose very carefully her next project. I doubt that she can have a movie career if she keeps having bad box offices...

Yeah, she doesn't seem to have the best judgment with the projects she chooses, they all look good in theory but then something seems to go wrong in the execution.  Last Christmas, sort of looks like a no lose proposition, George Michael, Emma Thompson, hot new co star, and holiday theme,  but then the 'twist' is kind of a downer, which isn't really what people want with a holiday romcom.  

Probably DiCaprio's strategy of always working with name directors is the best way to go....there is an increased chance the movies will get good reviews and even if they flop or get poor reviews, the director will take a lot of the blame, instead of the actor.  

More atrocious writing excerpts from the scripts... this one stood out, typical Benioff and Weiss:

... Theon starts the scene by gingerly touching a bruise on his face left from Yara's headbutt.

"Don't be a girl," Yara says in the script.

Like show Brienne (in the books she said "Are you so craven?"): "You sound like a bloody woman." And show Catelyn: "I knew I was the worst woman who ever lived." And show Arya: "Most girls are idiots." And show Tyene: "You want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy."

And show Asha (Yara) (in the books she thought, "Cunt again? It was odd how men like Suggs used that word to demean women when it was the only part of a woman they valued."): "You're a cunt." And again, show Asha: "Don't be a girl."

So is it any wonder what they did to show Sansa (she called herself a "stupid girl" and they took away her story) and show Dany (in the books she called out men like Benioff and Weiss: "Woman? Is that meant to insult me?")?

They didn't stand a chance. None of them did. They had to "fix" them all. Even Cersei, a major villain in the books, was placed in a tower on the show, "just a girl who needed the comfort of a man" according to them.

The difference between the books and the show is that the author of the books tried to see these women as human beings.

Oh there's this, too. And it's not just women they screw over, although that's their specialty. They are screwing Jaime over here, too.

Everything is seen from their own perspective, and it's such a juvenille one. They are describing a young medieval lady like a frat boy.

And "saved the world"? No one over the age of 5 says things like that. And funny they ask why he feels that way, because the actor asked the same thing, and never got an answer.

Brienne sleeps the sleep of the happily drunk and devirginized. Jaime can't sleep, however. He just helped save the world. So why does he feel like a traitor?

Lots of really bad writing in the scripts, and because Benioff/Weiss/Cogman/Hill can't write, they explain how everyone is feeling in the script notes (or shall we say, attempt to explain, because it's basically throwaway lines with profanity and drivel).

Like this, in Cogman's script: "Fuck tradition" and "Dammit. She's in love." as a script note. Wow, that's profound, and so helpful. And this, from Benioff/Weiss: "Emilia Clarke conveys this depth and intimacy while interacting with a green foam head."

14 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

More atrocious writing excerpts from the scripts... this one stood out, typical Benioff and Weiss:

... Theon starts the scene by gingerly touching a bruise on his face left from Yara's headbutt.

"Don't be a girl," Yara says in the script.

Like show Brienne (in the books she said "Are you so craven?"): "You sound like a bloody woman." And show Catelyn: "I knew I was the worst woman who ever lived." And show Arya: "Most girls are idiots." And show Tyene: "You want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy."

And show Asha (Yara) (in the books she thought, "Cunt again? It was odd how men like Suggs used that word to demean women when it was the only part of a woman they valued."): "You're a cunt." And again, show Asha: "Don't be a girl."

So is it any wonder what they did to show Sansa and show Dany. They didn't stand a chance. None of them did. They had to "fix" them all.

The difference between the books and the show is that the author of the books tried to see these women as human beings.

Oh there's this, too. And it's not just women they screw over, although that's their specialty. They are screwing Jaime over here, too.

Everything is seen from their own perspective, and it's such a juvenille one. They are describing a young medieval lady like a frat boy.

And "saved the world"? No one over the age of 5 says things like that. And funny they ask why he feels that way, because the actor asked the same thing, and never got an answer.

Brienne sleeps the sleep of the happily drunk and devirginized. Jaime can't sleep, however. He just helped save the world. So why does he feel like a traitor?

It really is atrocious, isn't it?

The more I think about Seasons 7 and 8, the worse I rate them.

16 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

The difference between the books and the show is that the author of the books tried to see these women as human beings

And all along, show viewers and the HBO machine waved it away as 'realism' or an expectation of brutality and sexism as part of the 'medieval setting' when as the episodes rolled by it became more and more evident that the setting had zero influence on the actual content. It was only window dressing hiding a cinderblock and garbage view.

Archived