Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

4 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

A bot tried to write an episode of GOT: 

That's hilarious but is it legit a bot? There's a lot of these scripts going around claiming to be written by a bot that were actually written by a comedian.

14 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

And all along, show viewers and the HBO machine waved it away as 'realism' or an expectation of brutality and sexism as part of the 'medieval setting' when as the episodes rolled by it became more and more evident that the setting had zero influence on the actual content. It was only window dressing hiding a cinderblock and garbage view.

Exactly. They are the ones doing it. And it's very telling what they chose.

(And they never chose to do any of it to their self-insert, even though that would have been the most realistic thing in the world.)

Good for Daniel Portman. Now that is the way to answer those questions. Stand up for the viewers. I'll watch him in something else now.

Here it is on a tweet: https://twitter.com/WesterosSA/status/1195359328171102208

Let's see: Daniel Portman, Joe Dempsey, Emilia Clarke, Charles Dance, Alexander Siddig, Ian McShane, Stephen Dillane, Ian McElhinney, Natalia Tena, ...

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Good for Daniel Portman. Now that is the way to answer those questions. Stand up for the viewers. I'll watch him in something else now.

Here it is on a tweet: https://twitter.com/WesterosSA/status/1195359328171102208

Let's see: Daniel Portman, Joe Dempsey, Emilia Clarke, Charles Dance, Alexander Siddig, Ian McShane, Stephen Dillane, Ian McElhinney, Natalia Tena, ...

The dam is beginning to burst.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

This is really messed up! I haven't seen much of the show. But I've seen this one particular rape scene (apparently that wasn't an uncomfortable experience since it was with Jason) but I thought it looked very exploitative, objectifying and voyeuristic. Imo there are better ways to show a rape scene. On top of that they show the women way more often nude than the men. Seems fucked up imo.

With that sort of attitude i wouldn't be surprised, if boundaries were pushed or actors were not informed enough.

I thought it was also really messed up, that they didn't tell Sophie about the rape scene, but one of the directors "messed with her" by telling her her she would get a "love interest" next season. That's just really repulsive imo

Cogman referred to the rape in the Bowed, Bent, and Broken script as "romance dies" after he had a rapist say rape made her a woman. All of them, Benioff, Weiss, Cogman, and the director, said such rotten things. To a one, they all blamed Sansa, they said she made a bad choice and got in over her head, after the bizarre contortions they chose to drop her body in that room (give the Boltons an heir then they will kill you! sure thing!)

Found the quotes. She chose to do this, she got in over her head, she will just have to deal with it... but hey, more trauma makes you strong!

The showrunner/writer, Benioff:

"She’s been traumatized by what she’s seen and she spent almost a couple years in shell shock. At a certain point she’s either going to die or survive and become stronger. She’s chosen the latter option and she’s learned from an incredibly devious teacher in Littlefinger."

The showrunner/writer, Weiss:

"She can see the logic behind what he's saying and realize that this is an unpleasant but probably necessary step in getting back what was taken from her. She’s going into this dangerous, difficult situation where she thinks she’s going to guide the situation."

The producer/writer, Cogman:

"This is a hardened woman making a choice and she sees this as the way to get back her homeland. Sansa has a wedding night in the sense she never thought she would with one of the monsters of the show. It’s pretty intense and awful and the character will have to deal with it."

The director, Podeswa:

"She’s a very strong woman and she’s entered into this situation that she thinks she can handle... It's a situation she actually cannot really control, and she’s in deeper than she thinks she’s going to be."

And the Dany scene, the author said that was consensual in the books, he described it as "sexy" and "romantic" and said he wished it was filmed that way. On the show, they had her blast Drogo's memory, and forget about him. In the books, she loves him so much to this day, and if she dies, no doubt there will be closure, a meaningful moment remembering him, and the Night Lands. She named her dragon, her spirit animal, after him, he's clearly an important positive force in her life.

And the Cersei scene, the author said that was consensual in the books, too. All about lust and manipulation, a key point in a sequence where Jaime's eyes were opened, and he rejected her (rejection of their favorites seems to be something Benioff/Weiss simply cannot bear, as we saw in the case of Sansa rejecting Tyrion). So they decided to change this soul destroying relationship into "romance", and in the end, they said she was "just a girl who needs the comfort of a man"...

They are just so hilariously bad, and so wrong for the job.

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

IIRC, Emilia Clarke once said she never wanted to do girl/girl sex scenes (which are often just there for titillation).  I wonder if that's what D & D were pressing for, and where she out her foot down.

I listened to much of that, and it was disturbing. She's still clearly very messed up about the whole experience.

Here's the podcast: https://armchairexpertpod.com/pods/emilia-clarke

Thanks, for providing the link!

Man, this sounds just so messed up. I feel so sorry for her rn. Sounds like she really didn't want to do it and it was an uncomfortable experience for her. And I don't know, but it just feels so wrong, that Jason had to step up for her in the first place. She says if it wasn't for him: 

"It's only now that I realise how fortunate I was with that.(working with Jason) cause that could have gone a many many many many many many different ways."

I just don't think, that you are treated the right way during those scenes should be dependent on the actor, that you working with. It should be a given.

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Cogman referred to the rape in the Bowed, Bent, and Broken script as "romance dies" after he had a rapist say rape made her a woman. All of them, Benioff, Weiss, Cogman, and the director, said such rotten things. To a one, they all blamed Sansa, they said she made a bad choice and got in over her head, after the bizarre contortions they chose to drop her body in that room (give the Boltons an heir then they will kill you! sure thing!)

These people don't seem to understand what a fictional character is. Sansa, the fictional character, didn't make this choice. There is no blame to fall on her because she was written that way by THEM.

It's just like their idiotic comment in the Inside the Episode segment for 8x01 or 8x02, where they said that all these characters meeting each other again is almost a bigger moment for them than it is for the viewers. Which...what? The characters aren't real, it means nothing to them because they are FICTIONAL.

16 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

This is shocking. They would never have gotten away with that in the post MeToo era, HBO would've become embroiled in a scandal, they still might as more people hear about this.

Archived