Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

2 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

LOLZZZZ, that's exactly what book it was!

And Ghost, poor Ghost. He didn't even get a death scene. Jon has no warging/connection with Ghost so his super awesome precious direwolf  just dies and Jon doesn't even feel it or know or care. The show is total fucking shit compared to the books and that episode was absolutely miserable!

Ghost made it, not much help from the show on figuring it out.  Someone found him NEXT TO VARYS of all people, in the promo for next episode.  Right after the scene with Dany and the dragon, in the preview.   You have to freeze frame the damn thing to see him. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ghost made it, not much help from the show on figuring it out.  Someone found him NEXT TO VARYS of all people, in the promo for next episode.  Right after the scene with Dany and the dragon, in the preview.   You have to freeze frame the damn thing to see him. 

What!!!! ok good glad to hear.  But gotta say that makes no sense, why did we never see him again after he charged the AotD?

Anyway even without that tidbit pissing me off....that episode was shit. The 1st 20 minutes were so slow. Everything was dark and hard to see the whole time. the Dragon aerial battles were confusing to watch, get these riders some goggles!!

Who planned the strategy? whose ideas was it to send the dothraki out like that? BAD IDEA DUMBASSES

I did like 'stick em with the pointy end' that was maybe the highlight of the episode for me.

The rest of it was so cliche. our main 6-7 heroes just standing on piles on bodies that they have massacred (eye roll)

Did Gendry live?

5 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

What!!!! ok good glad to hear.  But gotta say that makes no sense, why did we never see him again after he charged the AotD?

Anyway even without that tidbit pissing me off....that episode was shit. The 1st 20 minutes were so slow. Everything was dark and hard to see the whole time. the Dragon aerial battles were confusing to watch, get these riders some goggles!!

Who planned the strategy? whose ideas was it to send the dothraki out like that? BAD IDEA DUMBASSES

I did like 'stick em with the pointy end' that was maybe the highlight of the episode for me.

The rest of it was so cliche. our main 6-7 heroes just standing on piles on bodies that they have massacred (eye roll)

Did Gendry live?

I think so, Arya seems to be making out with SOMEONE in the promo as well.  I'm guessing it's Gendry, unless she's using her heroine status to.....cash in everywhere she can, LOL 

6 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

? What were those undead doing lost in library? They were just waddling about slowly like it was the Walking Dead... did the Night King send them to find him something to read for after the battle?

I imagine that the Night's King was looking for some PG Wodehouse?

20 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Did Gendry live?

Why is he charging with the Dothraki in the first place and not with Jon, or any other Stark or at least a Northerner?  Why is Dany using the Dothraki as cannon fodder?  Why did anyone do anything in this episode?  Arya is my favorite character, but after all the magical build up and the Jon reveal, turns out, all you needed was a FM to assassinate him????  And now 3 episodes for the end?  Wow.  That was really a terrible episode, and who even cares about the battle when no one can see anything???

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why is he charging with the Dothraki in the first place and not with Jon, or any other Stark or at least a Northerner?  Why is Dany using the Dothraki as cannon fodder?  Why did anyone do anything in this episode?  Arya is my favorite character, but after all the magical build up and the Jon reveal, turns out, all you needed was a FM to assassinate him????  And now 3 episodes for the end?  Wow.  That was really a terrible episode, and who even cares about the battle when no one can see anything???

The Dothraki also seem to have... regular weapons, unless Daenerys somehow got like several hundred Valyrian steel arakhs.

So if Melisandre didn't show up at the eleventh hour... well, the Dothraki would have been even more fucked. Basically, their first line of defence can immediately be killed and risen as undead, cool, cool. :P

And according to Benioff, the Dothraki as a people are dead now... were the women and children of the Dothraki also killed in that assault, because I couldn't see any! 

7 minutes ago, Vaith said:

The Dothraki also seem to have... regular weapons, unless Daenerys somehow got like several hundred Valyrian steel arakhs.

So if Melisandre didn't show up at the eleventh hour... well, the Dothraki would have been even more fucked. Basically, their first line of defence can immediately be killed and risen as undead, cool, cool. :P

And according to Benioff, the Dothraki as a people are dead now... were the women and children of the Dothraki also killed in that assault, because I couldn't see any! 

LOL, well, that's nice that they followed their 'khaleesi' across the Narrow Sea, and into battle instead of staying safe in their own land, and all they got was death.  I can't wait for this terrible show to be over.  Looks like khals were right about her, she is a dangerous witch and they would have been better off if they'd killedher

3 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Benioff said the Dothraki are dead as a people now? good grief

I will never understand why Dany agreed to these battle plans...you would think at some point she might say "Oh it looks like you've got my 2 armies on the front lines......maybe let's think of something else?"

Also I would think they would want to build a trench IN FRONT of the Dothraki army as well as in front of the castle. That way you're not just sacrificing all the Dothraki. And bonus! you make it a little harder for the zombies to get to the live people....isn't that what we want to do here? keep all humans alive? I'm honestly not sure what they were even trying to do.

And the trailer for next episode i swear I saw an army marching out of Winterfell......um there was no army left, as far as I could tell the only ones left alive were the ultimate-warrior-heroes (jaime, brienne, pod, tormund, arya, grey worm, jon, dany, bran, SAM(?) and the people in the crypt) there was NO ONE else left alive.

13 minutes ago, Vaith said:

And according to Benioff, the Dothraki as a people are dead now... were the women and children of the Dothraki also killed in that assault, because I couldn't see any

Well, that turned out well for the Dothraki.

I suppose the women and children just starved to death.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

LOL, well, that's nice that they followed their 'khaleesi' across the Narrow Sea, and into battle instead of staying safe in their own land, and all they got was death.  I can't wait for this terrible show to be over.  Looks like khals were right about her, she is a dangerous witch and they would have been better off if they'd killedher

What bothers me is that they will just never get mentioned again. the trailer showed dany laughing and drinking next episode.... I guess her character just completely forgot the Red Waste...and everything else that ever happened to her before she met Jon....

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

What bothers me is that they will just never get mentioned again. the trailer showed dany laughing and drinking next episode.... I guess her character just completely forgot the Red Waste...and everything else that ever happened to her before she met Jon....

The show is fucking terrible.  The writing is terrible.  Why did we never see Dany talk to her Dothraki leaders?  Why weren't they in the war council.  For that matter, why did they kill Irri in the first place?  Why didn't any Starks talk to each other before the battle?  Why is Ghost with the foreigners on horseback?  Why did Sansa become a total coward at the last minute?  Why is Jon so unbearably fucking stupid?  OMG.  And the lighting is a joke, that they would spend 3 months of night shoots for something no one can even see on their screen is the absurdist cherry on top of a completely absurd season.

11 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Benioff said the Dothraki are dead as a people now? good grief

I will never understand why Dany agreed to these battle plans...you would think at some point she might say "Oh it looks like you've got my 2 armies on the front lines......maybe let's think of something else?"

Also I would think they would want to build a trench IN FRONT of the Dothraki army as well as in front of the castle. That way you're not just sacrificing all the Dothraki. And bonus! you make it a little harder for the zombies to get to the live people....isn't that what we want to do here? keep all humans alive? I'm honestly not sure what they were even trying to do.

And the trailer for next episode i swear I saw an army marching out of Winterfell......um there was no army left, as far as I could tell the only ones left alive were the ultimate-warrior-heroes (jaime, brienne, pod, tormund, arya, grey worm, jon, dany, bran, SAM(?) and the people in the crypt) there was NO ONE else left alive.

You are just making too much sense.  Seven Save Me, I do NOT want to watch Benioff the Arrogant on the Inside the Circle Jerk, but I might have to do that, huh?  I'm not even taking much solace in his twin the NK biting it.  It was just so..........weird. 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

The show is fucking terrible.  The writing is terrible.  Why did we never see Dany talk to her Dothraki leaders?  Why weren't they in the war council.  For that matter, why did they kill Irri in the first place?  Why didn't any Starks talk to each other before the battle?  Why is Ghost with the foreigners on horseback?  Why did Sansa become a total coward at the last minute?  Why is Jon so unbearably fucking stupid?  OMG.  And the lighting is a joke, that they would spend 3 months of night shoots for something no one can even see on their screen is the absurdist cherry on top of a completely absurd season.

Agreed completely.

And yeah why are Sansa and Tyrion 'the leaders' hiding in a corner while tiny children and women not in battle armor are getting killed?

Why did every person in that crypt not have at least 1 obsidian dagger?

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

LOLOL  See, I always thought perhaps that a lot of the Dothraki would be the ones making changes in Essos once Dany left.  Not all, but maybe some type of split.  The idea of Darrio and the very small contingent of the Second Sons doing that seems ridiculous, which is why we'll never hear of it again.  Hmm, I guess I am going to brave The Arrogant one and see what the idiots have to say for this invisible monstrosity they call an episode. 

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Agreed completely.

And yeah why are Sansa and Tyrion 'the leaders' hiding in a corner while tiny children and women not in battle armor are getting killed?

Or something?  At least try something!  Most of those people are Northerners, they've been hearing lore about the WW their whole lives,but they are sitting their helpless.  Another thing that bothers me about the show now, I guess they've realized much of their dialogue is terrible, but no one says anything. Arya and Davos on the battlements, watching the Dothraki die, and the defenses fail, and they say nothing?  Sansa and Tyrion aren't problem solving but blabbing about their marriage?  

I did think they used Mel to good effect and Carice was excellent in her scenes, but that's about it.  And of course, she never tells anyone why she decides to die after the battle, or imparts any last wisdom to anyone??  Nope.  Walks out to die because it's a cool scene, the end.

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

When I saw Ghost riding out with Jorah and the Dothraki, I thought for sure he was a goner.  I mean I like Jorah but knew he was going to bite it and I was sure the Dothraki were pretty fucked as well.  There is no way much of this is what George intended.  I may never find out all he intended but, lawd, it was not this.  And in the preview Ghost is with Varys.  It's like a running joke, put the direwolf off with the weirdest character they can think of? 

22 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Agreed completely.

Perhaps they thought the women and children were more expendable.

Archived