Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

12 minutes ago, Vaith said:

This version also features the trailer for Episode 4 :)

OMG!!  Crazy idea on story and the possible Tyrion treason and leaks that have been about for months.  This preview and Dany saying 'rip her out, root and stem' about Cersei makes me wonder;  Will Tyrion try to save a pregnant Cersei?  Not to save Cersei, but to further that Lannister line in the end.  It's weird, Dany puts to words the basic Tywin policy, and we've wondered and wondered.......what could make those stupid spoilers true.  Root and Stemming Cersei might just do it.  The Ds are BatShitCrazy on their Tyrion and Cersei ideas. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

OMG!!  Crazy idea on story and the possible Tyrion treason and leaks that have been about for months.  This preview and Dany saying 'rip her out, root and stem' about Cersei makes me wonder;  Will Tyrion try to save a pregnant Cersei?  Not to save Cersei, but to further that Lannister line in the end.  It's weird, Dany puts to words the basic Tywin policy, and we've wondered and wondered.......what could make those stupid spoilers true.  Root and Stemming Cersei might just do it.  The Ds are BatShitCrazy on their Tyrion and Cersei ideas. 

According to a good friend,

Spoiler

There have been set leaks that imply that Tyrion has something to do with burning down King's Landing. The last episode has him stand trial before Sansa, Arya, Bran, Brienne, Davos, Sweetrobin and Yara in the Dragonpit before he is executed.

2 minutes ago, Vaith said:

According to a good friend,

Reveal hidden contents

There have been set leaks that imply that Tyrion has something to do with burning down King's Landing. The last episode has him stand trial before Sansa, Arya, Bran, Brienne, Davos, Sweetrobin and Yara in the Dragonpit before he is executed.

See, I could believe the idea of Tyrion burning KL to stop the dead, but.........there are no dead now, LOL 

That's why I'm back to looking for a different treason.  Then again, did anyone leak Arya as the NK killer, NOPE.  Maybe we shouldn't bother,, just let this shit happen and be done with it.  Just that 'root and stem' shit from Dany really made me wonder for a minute. 

2 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

So Cersei was right not to get involved in the War against the Dead. In the end it didn't touch her. I guess according to D&D human political conflicts really were more important than saving humanity from being wiped out by an existential threat. This while George has made it clear that all the petty human squabbles are irrelevant in the face of the threat of the Others.

One nice thing is that the books don't even have the Night's King as a character. As far as we know the Others aren't all animated by a single godking who, when slain, will result in a "Hasta la Vista, baby" disintegration of all wights.

the old 'Independence Day', Mothership plot

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yup, that’s my point. :)

Also, not sure if .i asked here or the other rant thread, but have we seen Pod, Tormund, Brienne, Jaime, Gendry, Sam (and others?) towards the end? I don’t remember seeing Gendry at all? Well, it was a struggle to see anything, but still. Jaime and Brienne last I saw were being totally overrun by wights?  

I think the issue is that they were all so dirty by the time Jon was running through WF and of course the night filming/fog machine made it so you couldnt make out anything. so I think all the living characters were shown but we literally couldnt identify them.

2 hours ago, LynnS said:

And the fact that you give up your identity.  So she was 'no man' after all.  I think in the books it's Robert Strong who can't be killed by a any man.  So I wonder if Brienne will dispatch him in the end.  If Arya has to give the gift of mercy to anyone, I'm guessing it will be Jon.  God I'm to starved for tWoW.

Just like Eowyn in LOTR's

50 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

So what was the actual point of Jon? Was there a single battle he was not rescued in?

He is the greatest underachiever in the Show and yet DD expect us to feel he is a hero of some kind?

Based on what?

Agreed! why would they say 'it's too obvious for Jon to kill the NK'?

What has he done on the show that makes him the 'obvious' choice?

In the books I would agree that it's obvious because the books are intelligent, cohesive and well-written.

It's almost like they were saying 'the character of Jon in the books is the obvious person who will kill the Great WW, even though we have shown you NONE of that on our crazy TV series, we know that you know that Jon is the hero of the story TPwwP. So based on the fact that you all know he's the hero, we dont even need to show him doing heroic acts....his heroic acts go without saying.' lolzzzzz

16 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  So, the beginning quotes from the Ds about the end or decimation of the Dothraki and Dany's quote about the dead already here is her being unable to watch the decimation of the Dothraki, the breakdown of the 'plan?'  Oh gods, it'd have been nice to be clear on that at the time, or now.  Dany took to Drogon because the Dothraki were her people, that was what that was about.  Here, I just thought Dany was mad at Jon, LOL 

OK, back to watching the Circle Jerk Mess.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1yC3yESLQ

there's the link if anyone wants it. 

Yes! When I was watching i noticed Dany trying to fly off and help the dothraki, Jon stopped her--WHY???? it was the only smart move at that moment, why would he stop her?

then Dany gets really smart and fully lights up the NK with dragon fire--which he is completely unharmed by--wtf? why would Valyrian Steel hurt him but dragonfire wouldnt? I mean Dragonfire can kill a horcrux so there's that......

Lol I read some theories online today that the NK survived the dragonfire because he is Targaryen :rofl:

Oh lord that would have been funny, but seriously the show is idiotic.

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

One thing I thought was sort of cool was when down in the Crypt, Sansa is STILL talking petty trash about Dany (because Sansa's whole purpose now seems to be to stir up problems where there are none). And Missandei shut her the fuck down, loved it.

I mean considering how things turned out, Sansa was right... they didn't need Dany and her dragons, just Littlefinger to give the Valyrian steel dagger back to the Starks :lol:

3 minutes ago, Vaith said:

I mean considering how things turned out, Sansa was right... they didn't need Dany and her dragons, just Littlefinger to give the Valyrian steel dagger back to the Starks :lol:

lol well yes abt the dagger.

But the dragons were helpful, she was mowing down lots of the Army to keep them from WF, and she tried to take down the NK, it's not Dany's fault that D&D decided he is fireproof. Also the NK on his ice dragon would have done A LOT more damage to everyone if Dany and Jon had not been battling him in the sky.

52 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

What did they say?  I read they said that the Dothraki are dead as a people, anything else? 

They talked about how it was not possible to have each death be a meaningful one in this episode, but they really wanted to focus on baby Mormont's death because she was "amazing". Edd and potentially Ghost and Rhaegal get essentially off-screen deaths. But Ollie Mormont is worth a heroic death.

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

lol well yes abt the dagger.

But the dragons were helpful, she was mowing down lots of the Army to keep them from WF, and she tried to take down the NK, it's not Dany's fault that D&D decided he is fireproof. Also the NK on his ice dragon would have done A LOT more damage to everyone if Dany and Jon had not been battling him in the sky.

Well, you could say the NK wouldn't have had a Viserion if Dany hadn't come to Westeros!

Dany's dragonfire was certainly very helpful at only burning the dead, and nobody among the living. :P

Also, I wonder... if red fire is bad for wights, is blue fire (which I assume is just really hot fire like Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender) somehow good for wights? Otherwise the NK's attempted blue fire attack would have killed a lot of his own forces down there. :P

1 minute ago, SuperMario said:

They talked about how it was not possible to have each death be a meaningful one in this episode, but they really wanted to focus on baby Mormont's death because she was "amazing". Edd and potentially Ghost and Rhaegal get essentially off-screen deaths. But Ollie Mormont is worth a heroic death.

Ghost and Rhaegal have been seen in the previews for next week

10 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Well, you could say the NK wouldn't have had a Viserion if Dany hadn't come to Westeros!

Dany's dragonfire was certainly very helpful at only burning the dead, and nobody among the living. :P

Also, I wonder... if red fire is bad for wights, is blue fire (which I assume is just really hot fire like Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender) somehow good for wights? Otherwise the NK's attempted blue fire attack would have killed a lot of his own forces down there. :P

Yes to the bolded sadly, but only for the stupid Show, none of this nonsense will be in WoW

Just now, Nowy Tends said:

What is the general public reaction to this episode in the US and the countries which are in a close time zone?

My Twitter feed is blowing the fuck up with how much everyone loved it. Especially Arya, they LOVED IT.

I have a hard time because how can you look at a show like this with such bad writing, etc. and say it's the best show of all time? Have you seen Breaking Bad? The Sopranos? the Wire? Deadwood? GOT doesn't compare

It remains to be seen whether dragonfire would have any effect on a WW. At most we are told it dismays them, but whether it actually harms them, or is just a threat to the bulk of their army, is unclear. I don't really have an issue with dragonfire having no effect on the NK in the show, a character that doesn't/won't exist in the books. There is so much wrong with how they have adapted the books, and even just their own internal inconsistencies and issue. This one isn't really a big deal to me. I had more of an issue with dragonglass being the go-to weapon against the wights. I don't recall anything about dragonglass working against them.

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

My Twitter feed is blowing the fuck up with how much everyone loved it. Especially Arya, they LOVED IT.

I have a hard time because how can you look at a show like this with such bad writing, etc. and say it's the best show of all time? Have you seen Breaking Bad? The Sopranos? the Wire? Deadwood? GOT doesn't compare

It's always depressing when Benioff plays to the lowest common denominator of fan service and always fucking succeeds. There may have been a way that Arya kills the NK that made at least a little sense, but this wasn't it.  Why is Jon Snow even alive?  He's useless.  All Dany has done now for 2 seasons is get more and more of her own people killed for no reason.  

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's always depressing when Benioff plays to the lowest common denominator of fan service and always fucking succeeds. There may have been a way that Arya kills the NK that made at least a little sense, but this wasn't it.  Why is Jon Snow even alive?  He's useless.  All Dany has done now for 2 seasons is get more and more of her own people killed for no reason.  

You know I love Book-Dany but this aint her. She very much cares about the lives of her people in the books but on HBO she dgaf about them seems like.

Ok question for the Forum.  What was Bran doing the entire episode? How was he helping? They showed 20 seconds of him warging a raven And.That. Was. It.....please tell me what he was doing that whole time?

Archived