Jump to content
The Fattest Leech

Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

Recommended Posts

Thanks for all these comments, I've lost interest even in hate watching the show.

I did go watch the clip of Arya killing the NK.  for the first 20 seconds I was sure the poster had dubbed in some shitty music to try to hold of getting flagged as long as possible, Nope, that was the actual soundtrack...

Why do we need 3 more episodes?  Arya kills Cersei, the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Choosing her own death does kind of fit with book Mel, at least a little. "One day, Melisandre prayed, she would not sleep at all. One day she would be free of dreams." She seems like she does want to die after she fulfils her purpose. 

Sure, and I agree Mel thinks that in the books, but the decision is only at R'hllor's behest. Red priests are slaves to their religion and 'god'. She took her necklace off once in a bathtub and nothing happened. She took it off a second time and we got old Mel taking a nap. She takes it off again and she dies within a minute or two. The light in the ruby went out 'cuz Red Rahloo was done with her, as apparently was said in Beric's case as well. Speed of plot is all, not 'hate' in anyway to point it out :)

Edited by The Fattest Leech
clarified a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Thanks for all these comments, I've lost interest even in hate watching the show.

I did go watch the clip of Arya killing the NK.  for the first 20 seconds I was sure the poster had dubbed in some shitty music to try to hold of getting flagged as long as possible, Nope, that was the actual soundtrack...

Why do we need 3 more episodes?  Arya kills Cersei, the end.

Saw a theory online earlier that the green eyes in Melisandre's comment to Arya means Cersei... but Lena Headey has blue eyes, soooo :dunno:...

This is why making predictions for the show in any serious manner is bad for one's health. I have been down that treacherous road myself. Not anymore. This show is all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Thanks for all these comments, I've lost interest even in hate watching the show.

I did go watch the clip of Arya killing the NK.  for the first 20 seconds I was sure the poster had dubbed in some shitty music to try to hold of getting flagged as long as possible, Nope, that was the actual soundtrack...

Why do we need 3 more episodes?  Arya kills Cersei, the end.

I'm scared that the way these idiots are going, it's going to be the other way around just because Arya killing Cersei is too obvious after all the buildup of Wolverine level super-killer.  Put her up against do-nothing Cersei and suddenly Cersei's constant companion the wine goblet will turn into a super weapon filled with acid or some equally stupid shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Saw a theory online earlier that the green eyes in Melisandre's comment to Arya means Cersei... but Lena Headey has blue eyes, soooo :dunno:...

This is why making predictions for the show in any serious manner is bad for one's health. I have been down that treacherous road myself. Not anymore. This show is all over the place.

Meryn Trent had green eyes. At least they look pretty green here: https://www.google.de/search?q=Meryn+trant&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMlNKckfbhAhXRSxUIHRp2A9gQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=967#imgrc=n7vCwQS9Bh5e2M:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

True. But this makes it seem so damned random. Shouldn't a prophetic telling have something to do withe end game? Arya had a list and has killed many already in order to protect herself, and then again after she meets Mel, so this seems like the leech game all over again (sorry leeches :(). Just cast that prophecy telling as wide as possible and claim whatever happens to come true as, "See, I'm totes legit!"

(Maybe we need a Melisandre thread?)

ADDING: The Trant actor, Ian Beattie, is said to have brown/dark brown eyes. Not sure he fits anymore.

Edited by The Fattest Leech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Sure, and I agree Mel thinks that in the books, but the decision is only at R'hllor's behest. Red priests are slaves to their religion and 'god'. She took her necklace off once in a bathtub and nothing happened. She took it off a second time and we got old Mel taking a nap. She takes it off again and she dies within a minute or two. The light in the ruby went out 'cuz Red Rahloo was done with her, as apparently was said in Beric's case as well. Speed of plot is all, not 'hate' in anyway to point it out :)

Another problem is in showverse why is jon still alive?

If mel and beric die after the NK is dealt with why is r'hllor keeping jon alive? 

They just don t care about anything at this point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

True. But this makes it seem so damned random. Shouldn't a prophetic telling have something to do withe end game? Arya had a list and has killed many already in order to protect herself, and then again after she meets Mel, so this seems like the leech game all over again (sorry leeches :(). Just cast that prophecy telling as wide as possible and claim whatever happens to come true as, "See, I'm totes legit!"

(Maybe we need a Melisandre thread?)

Come on… You think there is any logic in mel seeing arya killing the NK in season 3 ang going through with all the shit she has done?

It was a completly idiotic way to make things connect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sincerely hope that they kill Arya off because otherwise she's just an unstoppable weapon that makes the entire show pointless... but also I'm almost beyond caring because the shark has been jumped and re-jumped and having her be stopped by Cersei is almost more ridiculous than having Arya kill the Night King.

Having Robert Strong kill Arya to set off "Cleganebowl", or having Cersei hire Jaquen to kill her would be an actual plot but I don't have any faith in them going down such a path.  I think they knew the audience would turn on them if they killed Arya and then got addicted to having her fulfil her list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, divica said:

Another problem is in showverse why is jon still alive?

If mel and beric die after the NK is dealt with why is r'hllor keeping jon alive? 

They just don t care about anything at this point...

100000% with ya! I have asked this question many times so far. And I do think this is strictly a showverse problem.

WHAT WAS THE POINT? :bang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm done with this series, just done, they just tore all the lore of the books in half and set it on fire, they just reached LOST level of bad writting, really, and i think even LOST was a bit better, for at least, AT LEAST, as much as they ruined the plot, the characters more of less stayed true to their personas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

My Twitter feed is blowing the fuck up with how much everyone loved it. Especially Arya, they LOVED IT.

I have a hard time because how can you look at a show like this with such bad writing, etc. and say it's the best show of all time? Have you seen Breaking Bad? The Sopranos? the Wire? Deadwood? GOT doesn't compare

Orphan Black.  Geez that was good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Saw a theory online earlier that the green eyes in Melisandre's comment to Arya means Cersei... but Lena Headey has blue eyes, soooo :dunno:...

This is why making predictions for the show in any serious manner is bad for one's health. I have been down that treacherous road myself. Not anymore. This show is all over the place.

Since when have the facts ever gotten in the way of the plot on this show?  Three necklaces or two or 50.  3 children or 4 or 5.  She has green eyes in the book, that may be enough.  But, I'm feel more certain  now that Arya saved the world the show is going to kill her in some absolutely dumb way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cas Stark said:

Since when have the facts ever gotten in the way of the plot on this show?  Three necklaces or two or 50.  3 children or 4 or 5.  She has green eyes in the book, that may be enough.  But, I'm feel more certain  now that Arya saved the world the show is going to kill her in some absolutely dumb way.

She just became their poster girl. She won t die… we just don t know if she will kill the mountain or cersei...

If she was going to die the NK should have killed her at the same time she killed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Since when have the facts ever gotten in the way of the plot on this show?  Three necklaces or two or 50.  3 children or 4 or 5.  She has green eyes in the book, that may be enough.  But, I'm feel more certain  now that Arya saved the world the show is going to kill her in some absolutely dumb way.

The black-haired beauty of a baby :lol: A classic.

She trips over a cat at King's Landing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Great rant article. The entire thing rang true, and I especially like this part...

  • The “Great War,” the war of the living against the dead, the existential fight for the survival of life itself, was fought in one location, in one night, over the span of a few hours. The Night King waltzed into a trap the leaders of the army of the living whipped up in 30 seconds of planning conducted a couple hours before the battle began—Put Bran in the courtyard and surround him by 10 or so professional sailors wielding bows and arrows—and Arya Stark leapfrogged a hundred thousand wights and a half-dozen distracted White Walkers and stabbed the Night King in the belly with a little Valyrian-steel dagger, and he died, and all the White Walkers instantly died, and all the wights instantly returned to inanimate death, and that was it. The Great War—which turned out, for all the scuffling, to have been a far more minor matter than Stannis Baratheon invading the North with like 2,000 dudes—was over, the threat of the White Walkers banished forever, because somebody had the idea to wait for the Night King to come for the Three-Eyed Raven and then an assassin-school dropout jumped very far and poked him once with a knife that couldn’t even cut through Catelyn Stark’s fingers.

    (Why, in 10,000 years, none of the Three-Eyed Ravens had hatched this scheme, despite us recently having seen a Three-Eyed Raven armed with minions, dragonglass, rocks for dragonglass-armed minions to hide behind, a bottlenecking cave to use as a trap, and the sure knowledge that the Night King was coming for him—who knows? The Three-Eyed Ravens all seem to have been, like literally everyone who is not Cersei, extremely dumb.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×