Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

Oh, and lest I forget one of my main complaints about that Watchers on The Wall episode, the killing of Grenn.  That STILL pisses me off.  Sad to say, I SHOULD be mad at the killing of that guy named Pyp, but I never recognized him anyway.  :dunno:

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought season 4 was the last much more good than bad season.  There were a lot of high points and great scenes, but it's also when the plotting really started to go off the rails in a big way, I think this was the year that "Asha" and the IB fought Ramsay shirtless, but maybe that was 5?  also the year that Arya and the Hound announced who they were at the Eyrie and no one cared or questioned them and the fan service Brienne and the Hound fight, which ended up making everyone involved look bad, and as others have just said, the resolution of the Shae story was pretty poor from a characterization perspective.  The show was always more flawed from a plotting perspective than most people admitted, but it really went off kilter in a big way from season 5 onward.  

I just double checked, and yes, it's S4 episode 6.  I was going to bring you some footage but it all seems to be corrupted with Nekked Ramsay.......for some reason? 

22 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It seemed like that battle at the Wall was delayed, on pause, on pause, delayed, Tormund and Ygritte and The Thenns slow walked to The Wall, Stannis disappeared after his depression and then........by the time we get to the battle, it feels entirely too delayed and I am ready for Ygritte to die, LOL  Well, not happy enough to let Ollie get away with it, but that's an issue for another season.  :P  Remember the Giant Scythe?  HAHAHAHA  And yes, season 4 was also the mess of Jaime and Cersei with all the wrong timing, as well as confusion of whether or not they are taping a rape scene. 

Honestly, I think it's Siddig I feel the worst for, poor guy.  Of course, it's the Bad Pussy they kept around longer, maybe they wanted more scenes set to Benny Hill music.  It is an improvement. 

Giant scythe? No idea what you're talking about! 

And OH MY GOD, Ollie!!!! That's enough reason to diss s4 from here to eternity - the introduction of Ollie. Yikes. 

And yeah, have to agree that Siddig got dealt the worst hand of all, because w/ all the bad ideas and poorly developed plots and characters over the years, Dorne really stands out as one of the worst ever. 

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Giant scythe? No idea what you're talking about! 

And OH MY GOD, Ollie!!!! That's enough reason to diss s4 from here to eternity - the introduction of Ollie. Yikes. 

And yeah, have to agree that Siddig got dealt the worst hand of all, because w/ all the bad ideas and poorly developed plots and characters over the years, Dorne really stands out as one of the worst ever. 

LOL  Just for you, and well, my enduring affinity for Edd, both versions. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3rsb8bVcxk

What I most look forward to is what comes after the end of the show. When no one is forced to lick HBO's ass anymore. To finally get the critical backlash that's been sorely missing. Every time you previously though the critics would break out, they would jingle the keys (with Hardhome, BotB etc.) and everything bad is forgotten.

After all, some big shows have managed to get the backlash going same night they ended.

Maybe I'm just hoping that some sanity will return to this world.

A lot of moments, even from season 1, were bad signs, but what got me in season 4 was when they went completely the opposite with Jaime.

Another NCW article:

“I’ve driven the writers crazy for exactly that reason,” Coster-Waldau says with a smile. “It’s the nature of the show that the story lines jump around, but couldn’t [Jaime and Cersei] discuss the fact that their last remaining child is dead, and now Cersei’s going to be queen? So much happens in between—you have to connect these dots as an actor and sometimes make pretty massive leaps. There’s a lot of bridges you have to build in your mind."

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a26754398/nikolaj-coster-waldau-game-of-thrones-interview/

After all the messing up of Jaime's character, I'm still surprised that I am surprised.........the show had Jaime stick with Cersei after he saw the burning Sept in the distanceHe killed Aerys rather than see the city burn, but a big WHATEVER for finding Cersei on the throne after she blew up the Sept.  I'd say it's all punishment for Nik having been a book reader, but the show has had their Bizarro World Lannisters from the start. 

I was surprised when I looked back over the show how bad I felt S2 actually was. I remember being disappointed by it when it was airing, but when I looked back on it a few years later I was actually a bit shocked. A lot of the writing, even back then, is horrible. A lot of the storylines/characters were haphazardly adapted. I feel like, on reflection, it was at best a solid show but not really a great one until it became an actively bad one around S5/6

On 3/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

After all the messing up of Jaime's character,

And how they messed Jaime up... Yikes. 

I'm still surprised that I am surprised.........

That is so perfect a statement I have no words! :bowdown:

the show had Jaime stick with Cersei after he saw the burning Sept in the distanceHe killed Aerys rather than see the city burn, but a big WHATEVER for finding Cersei on the throne after she blew up the Sept. 

Yup, that’s the level of nonsensical and whatever that goes on, it’s quite hilarious. 

I'd say it's all punishment for Nik having been a book reader, but the show has had their Bizarro World Lannisters from the start. 

Yes. Jaime can’t do anything right, Tyrion is Baelor the Blessed come again, and Cersei... I don’t even know what she is anymore, only that her hair is the new Gilly baby, so to speak. 

But at this point they can kill almost everyone as far as I’m concerned. Just leave Cersei and Pacey ruling over the millions of wights and be done w/ it already. 

1 hour ago, Ser Drewy said:

I was surprised when I looked back over the show how bad I felt S2 actually was. I remember being disappointed by it when it was airing, but when I looked back on it a few years later I was actually a bit shocked. A lot of the writing, even back then, is horrible. A lot of the storylines/characters were haphazardly adapted. I feel like, on reflection, it was at best a solid show but not really a great one until it became an actively bad one around S5/6

Completely agree. 

On 3/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

After all the messing up of Jaime's character, I'm still surprised that I am surprised.........the show had Jaime stick with Cersei after he saw the burning Sept in the distanceHe killed Aerys rather than see the city burn, but a big WHATEVER for finding Cersei on the throne after she blew up the Sept.  I'd say it's all punishment for Nik having been a book reader, but the show has had their Bizarro World Lannisters from the start. 

oh thiissss

3 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

Yeah, there were some bad deviations in season 2, for no good reason, either.  It was also the season that it should have been clear to us that they were all for making Jon look as stupid and inept as possible. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

And how they messed Jaime up... Yikes. 

That is so perfect a statement I have no words! :bowdown:

Yup, that’s the level of nonsensical and whatever that goes on, it’s quite hilarious. 

Yes. Jaime can’t do anything right, Tyrion is Baelor the Blessed come again, and Cersei... I don’t even know what she is anymore, only that her hair is the new Gilly baby, so to speak. 

But at this point they can kill almost everyone as far as I’m concerned. Just leave Cersei and Pacey ruling over the millions of wights and be done w/ it already. 

Completely agree. 

15 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

oh thiissss

I always am surprised I am surprised, ya know?  LOL

I think I'm also stewing on a bit of Blackfish Ranting and Raving, as I can't help but think of him when I think of Season 6 Jaime as well, but.......I'm kind of out of time right now.  I feel complaints coming on as I either reread synopsis or watch scenes or epis to refresh my memory of the mess. 

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I always am surprised I am surprised, ya know?  LOL

I think I'm also stewing on a bit of Blackfish Ranting and Raving, as I can't help but think of him when I think of Season 6 Jaime as well, but.......I'm kind of out of time right now.  I feel complaints coming on as I either reread synopsis or watch scenes or epis to refresh my memory of the mess. 

Blackfish oh my

14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, the Blackfish... I have just recently learned he died off screen! :rolleyes:

Off screen, yes.  I've noticed the stupid death thread and have contemplated putting my two cents there.  Clive Russel was perfect as The Blackfish.  It was bad enough we didn't have him with Cat and Robb, but still, he was terrific once they bothered to have him show up.  I feel both he and the character deserve a good RANT AND RAVE!!  I'll wait til the mood really moves me, I'm surprised I'm psychologically well enough to hold it in, though. 

8 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Off screen, yes.  I've noticed the stupid death thread and have contemplated putting my two cents there.  Clive Russel was perfect as The Blackfish.  It was bad enough we didn't have him with Cat and Robb, but still, he was terrific once they bothered to have him show up.  I feel both he and the character deserve a good RANT AND RAVE!!  I'll wait til the mood really moves me, I'm surprised I'm psychologically well enough to hold it in, though. 

Clive Russell was brilliant as the Blackfish. Then again, the cast has been phenomenal for the most part. 

Shame, shame, shame. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Clive Russell was brilliant as the Blackfish. Then again, the cast has been phenomenal for the most part. 

Shame, shame, shame. 

Yeah, actors of a certain age from across the pond, it was hard for them to miss with certain characters.  Still, The Blackfish was perfection. 

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yeah, actors of a certain age from across the pond, it was hard for them to miss with certain characters.  Still, The Blackfish was perfection. 

Those with him where one of the few moments of s6 when I recalled some"vibes" from the book. too bad his ending wassoooo off.

Archived