Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

4 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm still reading this new article on a Gemma Whalen interview, thought I'd drop it off. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/gemma-whelan-season-8/

So, I was reading the interview on The Scotsman instead of WotW, and came across this paragraph:

Landing the role of Yara Greyjoy, Whelan has been in the HBO hit since 2011. As aspiring Queen of the Iron Islands she is fighting to restore her people’s status in the world of Westeros, defied her father – “he bloody deserved it, horrible man” – and after evil uncle Euron murdered him, is in alliance with dragon whisperer Daenerys to defeat Jon Snow’s House Stark and the House of Lannister who rule the kingdom from King’s Landing. With brother Theon (Alfie Allen), brutalised, emasculated, and escaping overboard when their ship is attacked, we last saw her being led in chains through King’s Landing, pelted with rotten vegetables.

Could be they misunderstood. Or not. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

So, I was reading the interview on The Scotsman instead of WotW, and came across this paragraph:

Landing the role of Yara Greyjoy, Whelan has been in the HBO hit since 2011. As aspiring Queen of the Iron Islands she is fighting to restore her people’s status in the world of Westeros, defied her father – “he bloody deserved it, horrible man” – and after evil uncle Euron murdered him, is in alliance with dragon whisperer Daenerys to defeat Jon Snow’s House Stark and the House of Lannister who rule the kingdom from King’s Landing. With brother Theon (Alfie Allen), brutalised, emasculated, and escaping overboard when their ship is attacked, we last saw her being led in chains through King’s Landing, pelted with rotten vegetables.

Yup, I noticed that as well when I went and read the whole article.  It seems the interviewer was either a casual fan that couldn't keep stuff straight, or straight up.........did some googling for the interview, and said google did not go well. 

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Maybe it is foreshadowing the season 8 storyline.

(joking!!!!)

5 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yup, I noticed that as well when I went and read the whole article.  It seems the interviewer was either a casual fan that couldn't keep stuff straight, or straight up.........did some googling for the interview, and said google did not go well. 

I am becoming more and more convinced Jonerys will end in the death of either Dany or Jon, and that’s what all the actors mean when they say it’s going to be divisive, and no one could ever see it coming, and OMG so shocking. Yawn. 

24 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I am becoming more and more convinced Jonerys will end in the death of either Dany or Jon, and that’s what all the actors mean when they say it’s going to be divisive, and no one could ever see it coming, and OMG so shocking. Yawn. 

Yeah, all this talk of this unpredictable ending is getting tedious. If it’s so unpredictable, then I wonder if it will make any sense in terms of character arcs. But then of course, when have D&D ever cared about logical progression in the story or character arcs. It’s always been shock and awe for the. As you said, it might just be Jon or Dany dying, or both dying. Maybe Drogon will eat Dany or Jon like Sunfyre ate Rhaenyra, now that would shock most of the actors.

Dany being in some conspiracy to take down the Starks completely off-screen would actually top the LF execution plot for gotcha! awfulness. I didn't think that was possible. That can't be true. 

With all of this hype, secrecy and aggressive action against leakers, my expectations for the ending are getting dangerously high. 

11 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

That can't be true.

You speak as a proper summer child! Of course anything can be true when we’re talking GoT! :D

Just finished 703. The editing was god-awful? Yikes. Anyhoo... every now and then you see two great actors playing off each other, and I always think about what could have been. So sad. 

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

You speak as a proper summer child! Of course anything can be true when we’re talking GoT! :D

I know. :blushing::dunce:

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Just finished 703. The editing was god-awful? Yikes. Anyhoo... every now and then you see two great actors playing off each other, and I always think about what could have been. So sad. 

This is the core of so much of my frustration. GOT is just a constant in-your-face of what could have been. And I didn't even have high expectations for the show cause the books are always better.  

And a random side rant. I keep checking back here hoping for some new leaks and I get all excited when I see a hot thread because I think something happened, But I keep getting disappointed because it's always just incest ship wars. 

12 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

This is the core of so much of my frustration. GOT is just a constant in-your-face of what could have been. And I didn't even have high expectations for the show cause the books are always better.  

Word. Just saw a scene w/ Jaime and Olenna that was so good. The acting anyway. It’s incredibly frustrating. And NCW would have been so perfect playing Jaime... :crying:

As would many others, Dillane comes to mind right now. :bang:

But I’ve just learned Cersei is totes ok with coming out of the incest closet, and Jaime is still her lapdog. 

The scene where RoboBran basically tells Meera to bugger off was so goddam awful! :ack:

12 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

And a random side rant. I keep checking back here hoping for some new leaks and I get all excited when I see a hot thread because I think something happened, But I keep getting disappointed because it's always just incest ship wars. 

Right? 

And to me the WORST argument EVER is, when shipping  Jonsa or Jonrya, “but they’re not siblings!” :ack: :ack: :ack:

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Did you feel the awesome chemistry between Jon and Dany when watching 7x03? Was that sizzling or what?

Btw...are they airing all of S7? Might you finally see 7x06 'The one with all the laughter'?

10 hours ago, teej6 said:

Yeah, all this talk of this unpredictable ending is getting tedious. If it’s so unpredictable, then I wonder if it will make any sense in terms of character arcs. But then of course, when have D&D ever cared about logical progression in the story or character arcs. It’s always been shock and awe for the. As you said, it might just be Jon or Dany dying, or both dying. Maybe Drogon will eat Dany or Jon like Sunfyre ate Rhaenyra, now that would shock most of the actors

I don't see what will be so unpredictable about it. I mean I'm sure I have seen every prediction there is to make where the ending is concerned. From all the good guys live to the NK wins and everybody dies. Jon dies, Dany dies, both die. One of them ends up as a single parent or their child will be raised by someone else. Cersei wins. Blah, blah, blah.

The only ending I would find in any way satisfying would be for everyone involved in the wight hunt to die. I want justice for the upcoming victims. And of course Cersei needs to die. If Bran is the NK target, he better die too because he would have known and came south of the wall anyway. But I know that ending won't happen so I'm pretty much 'yawn,whatever' about the ending already.

25 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Did you feel the awesome chemistry between Jon and Dany when watching 7x03? Was that sizzling or what?

Sizzling, so so sizzling.  /s

I had already seen boatsex though, and was amazed at how (I think I talked aboit it here?) a supposedly hot scene w/ 2 very attractive people could be so boring, and lacking in chemistry and hotness. 

Btw...are they airing all of S7? Might you finally see 7x06 'The one with all the laughter'?

Yup. I recorded the whole thing, so now I'll finally get to 706! Can't wait. 

I did watch up to 705, but I felll asleep here and there. Have a ton of things to rant about but it will have to wait till im home. 

I don't see what will be so unpredictable about it. I mean I'm sure I have seen every prediction there is to make where the ending is concerned. From all the good guys live to the NK wins and everybody dies. Jon dies, Dany dies, both die. One of them ends up as a single parent or their child will be raised by someone else. Cersei wins. Blah, blah, blah.

The only ending I would find in any way satisfying would be for everyone involved in the wight hunt to die. I want justice for the upcoming victims. And of course Cersei needs to die. If Bran is the NK target, he better die too because he would have known and came south of the wall anyway. But I know that ending won't happen so I'm pretty much 'yawn,whatever' about the ending already.

I want everyone to die and Cersei rules the kingdom of the dead w/ the NK. 

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO BRAN?????? Yikes.

Less than 2 weeks! I honestly can't believe it's actually happening.

I am going into it knowing that the books will be 100x different and better.

Quote from notablog from 2 days ago; The Wall in A SONG OF ICE & FIRE was inspired by Hadrian’s Wall, which I first saw in 1981 with my friend Lisa Tuttle.  I’ve told that story about a thousand times in a thousand interviews.  (Of course, the Great Wall of China was also a factor, but I’ve only read about the Great Wall, I’ve never seen it.  One day I want to visit China, but not until I’ve finished these books).

To everyone who will come back and say he will never finish them.  He has plans to go to China AFTER he finishes.

10 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Less than 2 weeks! I honestly can't believe it's actually happening.

I am going into it knowing that the books will be 100x different and better.

Quote from notablog from 2 days ago; The Wall in A SONG OF ICE & FIRE was inspired by Hadrian’s Wall, which I first saw in 1981 with my friend Lisa Tuttle.  I’ve told that story about a thousand times in a thousand interviews.  (Of course, the Great Wall of China was also a factor, but I’ve only read about the Great Wall, I’ve never seen it.  One day I want to visit China, but not until I’ve finished these books).

To everyone who will come back and say he will never finish them.  He has plans to go to China AFTER he finishes.

Sure he does, just like he planned to finish the entire series before HBO, he plans and hopes for many things that do not come to pass.  

Just watched 704 and am now pretty certain Dany will become an antagonist/evil/mad/whatever and die. The way she dealt w/ the Tarlys was horrible. And the fucking breaking of the fucking wheel again... The writers must really love that bit, which is odd since it’s so completely idiotic. 

And how subtle (not!) when Drogon sniffs the Targ in Jonny Snowflake! :lol:

ETA:  and the Starks together, Bran, Arya, and Sansa... was... stupid. 

I think I watched some of this ep last night, coz I remembered Bran dismissing Meera but I must have slept through most of it. And Bran... who sees all and knows all, except those things the plot demands he’s ignorant of, it's ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Just watched 704 and am now pretty certain Dany will become an antagonist/evil/mad/whatever and die. The way she dealt w/ the Tarlys was horrible.

Tarly's was 7x05 but opinions on that are split. Dany fans will use any excuse necessary to defend it. But this woman lacks the most basic understanding of pretty much anything. Taking someone prisoner is not the same as making them a slave. And those Tarly aren't nobodies, they make excellent bargaining chips. What she actually did to the surviving soldiers is a choice between freedom (death) or slavery (kneeling to her followed by serving her). That she doesn't see that her actions always contradict her words...well it's actually D&D who don't get it. One one hand she's supposed to be badass, on the other hand Tyrion and Varys tell us that she's kinda crazy. But don't worry, as long as she has them mens around to stop her (through their advise), she will do fine. All these freaking crazy women in power that need to be reigned in by men or by women hating females.

33 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Those Stark reunions were a complete disaster. I rarely feel anything for these characters (since they are plot puppies not characters) but poor Sansa. She's happy to have her family back, hugging them and wanting to bond and finds herself in the middle of 'Children of the Corn'.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Just watched 704 and am now pretty certain Dany will become an antagonist/evil/mad/whatever and die. The way she dealt w/ the Tarlys was horrible. And the fucking breaking of the fucking wheel again... The writers must really love that bit, which is odd since it’s so completely idiotic. 

And how subtle (not!) when Drogon sniffs the Targ in Jonny Snowflake! :lol:

I think I watched some of this ep last night, coz I remembered Bran dismissing Meera but I must have slept through most of it. And Bran... who sees all and knows all, except those things the plot demands he’s ignorant of, it's ridiculous.

I am really sad how they handled Bran :( Anyway, I am honeypotting for myself he is still in shock over Summer's death and that is why he is soooooooo weird. 

50 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Tarly's was 7x05 but opinions on that are split. Dany fans will use any excuse necessary to defend it. But this woman lacks the most basic understanding of pretty much anything. Taking someone prisoner is not the same as making them a slave. And those Tarly aren't nobodies, they make excellent bargaining chips. What she actually did to the surviving soldiers is a choice between freedom (death) or slavery (kneeling to her followed by serving her). That she doesn't see that her actions always contradict her words...well it's actually D&D who don't get it. One one hand she's supposed to be badass, on the other hand Tyrion and Varys tell us that she's kinda crazy. But don't worry, as long as she has them mens around to stop her (through their advise), she will do fine. All these freaking crazy women in power that need to be reigned in by men or by women hating females.

Yeah, Dany has split personality on the show. When Yara asks her for independence, she gives it freely although   with Jon, she’s all bend the knee coz the North was part of my daddy’s kingdom. And that whole stupid line about perpetuity and what it means. Then we have Missy saying that everyone who follows Dany choses to follow her, while they just showed her roasting the Tarlys for not bending the knee. She actually murders unarmed prisoners of war in the most brutal way. Then she makes the rest of the Lannister and Tarly soldiers bend the knee under the threat of death by fire. But of course, she still means to “break the wheel” so all is well.

Just now, teej6 said:

Yeah, Dany has split personality on the show. When Yara asks her for independence, she gives it freely although   with Jon, she’s all bend the knee coz the North was part of my daddy’s kingdom. And that whole stupid line about perpetuity and what it means. Then we have Missy saying that everyone who follows Dany choses to follow her, while they just showed her roasting the Tarlys for not bending the knee. She actually murders unarmed prisoners of war in the most brutal way. Then she makes the rest of the Lannister and Tarly soldiers bend the knee under the threat of death by fire. But of course, she still means to “break the wheel” so all is well.

I think the dhowrunners just see her as a badass, and badasses kill people to reach their goals.  I also wonder if GRRM doesn't see her in much the same, as ruthlesss as she needs to be... But I am putting it at 50/50 that she dies, and good riddance I will say.

24 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Tarly's was 7x05 but opinions on that are split. Dany fans will use any excuse necessary to defend it. But this woman lacks the most basic understanding of pretty much anything. Taking someone prisoner is not the same as making them a slave. And those Tarly aren't nobodies, they make excellent bargaining chips.

Ooops, 705 then. :D

Agree 100%. The fact that she tries to paint Cersei as being sooooo evil, while telling the terrified soldiers that have just seen her burn gods know how many alive that she’s nothing like Cersei is outrageously stupid. Yikes.

What she actually did to the surviving soldiers is a choice between freedom (death) or slavery (kneeling to her followed by serving her). That she doesn't see that her actions always contradict her words...well it's actually D&D who don't get it.

Right? And yup, the Ds don’t get it. At all. Then again, nothing new there. :rolleyes:

One one hand she's supposed to be badass, on the other hand Tyrion and Varys tell us that she's kinda crazy. But don't worry, as long as she has them mens around to stop her (through their advise), she will do fine. All these freaking crazy women in power that need to be reigned in by men or by women hating females.

Yup. All the talk and how the writers (especially) try to spin all manner of really stupid stuff that is also often offensive as “empowered women”, so “badass”. They really truly don’t get it at all. Off the top of my head I’d say all the main female characters are, in their opinion, empowered and strong women, but that’s so no true. 

Those Stark reunions were a complete disaster. I rarely feel anything for these characters (since they are plot puppies not characters) but poor Sansa. She's happy to have her family back, hugging them and wanting to bond and finds herself in the middle of 'Children of the Corn'.

Preach. It was actually painful to watch, actually, given that Bran, Arya and Sansa are among my top faves (together w/ Jaime and Jon). But we’ve always known that the Starks suck and are all morons. They’re not cool like the Lannisters Cersei and Tyrion, right? “

So, you want a Stark reunion? There, enjoy”. :ack:

Sansa was the one that came across better, since Bran is a robot and Arya a mad psycho. YIKES. 

Archived