Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

11 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

And they didn’t give power to her the first time around in Season 6. 

On the other hand, we see what happens when someone who doesn’t seek political power gets political power. His name was Robert Baratheon and we know what happened with that. Did they forget their own plot?

People who don't want power are usually ineffectual.

I have a funny theory for Season 8: ever since it was revealed that Conleth Hill (Varys) left the coffee cup on the table at the feast, I suggest that Varys directly caused Daenerys’ downfall through over-caffeinating her, because after that point she’s been overdrive about getting her armies down south to take the capitol right away, her impatience leads to the ambush at Dragonstone, etc.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

And they shut the women up, too. She's a puppet in their hands, to put herself down or praise them via their surrogates when they put her down.

If a woman is a good sport and goes along with the writers' BS, that's no guarantee she lives, but it helps. Thanking rapists is a plus.

I saw the scene where Dany is killed again (by accident), and it will never not be hilariously obvious they are afraid to let women speak as exemplified in this moment.

Who doesn't let a dying person say something? "Rosebud" anyone? "I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." Nope, no last words for a main character of the series.

Two blowhards decide her fate, after talking about how one got to screw her, and one did not (Tyrion: "I love her, not as successfully as you" is if not their worst line right up there).

So the last words she hears on earth is some ineffectual bozo patronizing her, you're my queen, right before he murders her and becomes a kinslayer, no one is more cursed, but whatever.

He puts her down like a dog, but he is the dog. It's a Judas move. And he's dumber than a dog, and has been ever since they gave Jon a small cock out of spite.

And the last words of the series are their boys, Tyrion and Bronn, blathering about brothels. They shut up the prostitutes, too. They made the sex slave beg Tyrion, that says it all.

This is how I would have written Episode 6.

As per the episode, up till the point Jon stabs Daenerys.  Only for his knife to snag on the lining of thin steel plates that she has had prudently sewn into the lining of her dress.  She gives an evil cackle and says "Do you think I would be so f**cking stupid as to wander round a city I've just sacked, without any protection?"  She arrests him, and he confesses that Tyrion talked him into carrying out the murder attempt.

She says she'll spare Jon's life, if he burns Tyrion at the stake.  Tyrion begs and pleads for mercy, but Jon does his duty, chaining him to the stake, and then lighting the kindling.  As Tyrion burns, the Dothraki whoop and cheer, and the Unsullied drum their spear butts on the ground, to show their approval.

Jon is then led off to Dany's bedroom, and tied to her bed.  Dany comes in, and begins to disrobe seductively, saying that nothing gets her in the mood like watching a traitor burn.  She then proceeds to ride him hard, through the night.  Jon decides that there are far worse fates than being Dany's bitch.  Jon subsequently proves his loyalty, by executing Sam Tarly for treason, by means of a red hot poker up his ample rear end. 

The episode ends with Dany flying overhead on Drogon, as Jon rides North at the head of an army, both of them planning to burn Winterfell to the ground.

5 hours ago, SeanF said:

This is how I would have written Episode 6.

As per the episode, up till the point Jon stabs Daenerys.  Only for his knife to snag on the lining of thin steel plates that she has had prudently sewn into the lining of her dress.  She gives an evil cackle and says "Do you think I would be so f**cking stupid as to wander round a city I've just sacked, without any protection?"  She arrests him, and he confesses that Tyrion talked him into carrying out the murder attempt.

She says she'll spare Jon's life, if he burns Tyrion at the stake.  Tyrion begs and pleads for mercy, but Jon does his duty, chaining him to the stake, and then lighting the kindling.  As Tyrion burns, the Dothraki whoop and cheer, and the Unsullied drum their spear butts on the ground, to show their approval.

Jon is then led off to Dany's bedroom, and tied to her bed.  Dany comes in, and begins to disrobe seductively, saying that nothing gets her in the mood like watching a traitor burn.  She then proceeds to ride him hard, through the night.  Jon decides that there are far worse fates than being Dany's bitch.  Jon subsequently proves his loyalty, by executing Sam Tarly for treason, by means of a red hot poker up his ample rear end. 

The episode ends with Dany flying overhead on Drogon, as Jon rides North at the head of an army, both of them planning to burn Winterfell to the ground.

Yuck that's just as bad as what we got.

46 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

S8 Episode 3 deleted scenes:

Commented by M. Sapotchnik… What he says at 5.40 is unbelievable, it seems that D&D stupidity was contagious…

I just listened to 5:40 and a little more. I think he was brainwashed into stupidity. He says somethings that are smart but that bit about nobody wanting to watch the NK fight!? Like… REALYY????

IT is the same as saying we all wanted to see jon sit on a dragon and screaming at another dragon instead of doing something useful...

15 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

S8 Episode 3 deleted scenes:

Commented by M. Sapotchnik… What he says at 5.40 is unbelievable, it seems that D&D stupidity was contagious…

Omg I had to laugh to hard at this. He could as well have said: "But yeah, I didn't care that much about it, because what I really thought would make more sense and what I really wanted to see after 8 seasons was the NK step dancing. I thought that would be more satisfying and I think David and Dan thought that as well." 

Just shows again, that D&D are just not that intelligent and with their incredibly stupid writing they force co workers to sound stupid as well, because really, what are you going to say at this point?

The truth?: "The producers were sadly to lazy to come up with a good and plausible script, but also to arrogant to hire someone, who could do it?" I just refuse to believe, that D&D didn't know how bad the script was. I mean you can't be that dumb. They were adapting GRRM's work for years after all. But what is really insulting to the viewers is, that they apparently thought the majority of ppl wouldn't notice. They probably think, the majority of viewers are content with nudity and dragons and therefore they don't have to do their work.

23 hours ago, SeanF said:

"At least Judas had the decency to hang himself"

Indeed. And he would have, but show Jon is a stick figure driven by nonsense plots, so... he does whatever they want him to do at the moment.

Magic Cock St. Tyrion (their self-insert) told Small Cock Jon Duh what to do, then he was no use to them anymore. They got him out of Tyrion's way/their way.

Ghost by all rights should have eaten Jon Duh. But they wanted a Stepford Starks montage, to make it look like they didn't just trash them all then forget them.

Still hoping Real Jon doesn't become a kinslayer in the books, because no one is more cursed, and he will be.

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Indeed. And he would have, but show Jon is a stick figure driven by nonsense plots, so... he does whatever they want him to do at the moment.

Magic Cock St. Tyrion (their self-insert) told Small Cock Jon Duh what to do, then he was no use to them anymore. They got him out of Tyrion's way/their way.

Ghost by all rights should have eaten Jon Duh. But they wanted a Stepford Starks montage, to make it look like they didn't just trash them all then forget them.

Still hoping Real Jon doesn't become a kinslayer in the books, because no one is more cursed, and he will be.

He might if Daenerys has to play the part of Nissa Nissa.

I dislike the Nissa Nissa story, but event that is preferable to Old Yeller.

18 minutes ago, SeanF said:

He might if Daenerys has to play the part of Nissa Nissa.

I dislike the Nissa Nissa story, but event that is preferable to Old Yeller.

I don't like it, either, and maybe there's a reason so many don't like it, we are meant to question it.

I really don't think GRRM is saying all of these legends have to be repeated. That would be a very dull story. We'd basically know everything what's going to happen already, and just guess who does what.

I think he puts prophecy in there to show various things, one of which is basic wrongheadedness. Do you let something like this mess with your head? And in life, things rarely happen the way they are planned.

Ditto for characters like Littlefinger who are much smarter in the books, they don't just show their hand, say what will happen, and actually do those things. Again, that would be a really bad story like... the show.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:07 PM, Nowy Tends said:

I can't find the link for all the deleted scenes, but for this particular scene:

Gods that's insane. He'd have never gotten away with that or even thought about doing that when Robb was their king. King Robb even hanged someone for just watching murders take place.

Why is Jon so useless. Did his strength and authority die with him at Castle Black or something?

Well it looks like there are only six History & Lore and limited to a select few topics: King’s Landing, the Greyjoy Rebellion, the Blackfyres, the South (Tormund), the Defiance of Duskendale, and Maegor the Cruel.

Brevity is the soul of wit... except when there is no wit at all.

7 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Well it looks like there are only six History & Lore and limited to a select few topics: King’s Landing, the Greyjoy Rebellion, the Blackfyres, the South (Tormund), the Defiance of Duskendale, and Maegor the Cruel.

Brevity is the soul of wit... except when there is no wit at all.

And the only 'top tier actor on the commentary is Emilia Clarke. Clearly most people don't want anything to do with the show any more. I bet they pretty much begged her to do this commentary with them.

20 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

I don't know whether it is true to human nature that anyone would kill the love of their life, for the greater good.  Even if you thought that person was a danger to the public, you would surely be searching for any alternative to killing that person.  You might do it, if that person was posing an imminent threat to other people that you love. (Tyrion persuaded Jon that Sansa and Arya were in danger, but they were hardly in imminent danger, and would easily avoid danger by swearing fealty).

But, if you did kill that person, there would be no coming back from it.  I think you might well kill yourself.  And, if you didn't, you would be absolutely tormented by guilt, and grief, and remorse for the rest of your life.  And, that would be dialled up to eleven, it that person was both your Queen and kin. So, if Jon did do it, his life would be hell to the end of his days. Not made any easier to bear by the fact that Sansa was plainly trying to foment a conflict between him and Daenerys by revealing details of his parentage to Tyrion. 

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

I don't know whether it is true to human nature that anyone would kill the love of their life, for the greater good.  Even if you thought that person was a danger to the public, you would surely be searching for any alternative to killing that person.  You might do it, if that person was posing an imminent threat to other people that you love. (Tyrion persuaded Jon that Sansa and Arya were in danger, but they were hardly in imminent danger, and would easily avoid danger by swearing fealty).

But, if you did kill that person, there would be no coming back from it.  I think you might well kill yourself.  And, if you didn't, you would be absolutely tormented by guilt, and grief, and remorse for the rest of your life.  And, that would be dialled up to eleven, it that person was both your Queen and kin. So, if Jon did do it, his life would be hell to the end of his days. Not made any easier to bear by the fact that Sansa was plainly trying to foment a conflict between him and Daenerys by revealing details of his parentage to Tyrion. 

It was hilariously out of character for him to stab her, but also hilariously out of character for him to tell Tyrion "she's the queen, it's her decision" after she burnt down King's Landing. Probably the in-character thing for him to do was storm out of King's Landing in disgust, or try remove her from power non-violently.

The finale was so hopelessly bungled, they not only had several characters act-out of-character, but managed to make a character  act out-of-character on both sides of the extreme (Jon dismissing Dany's war crimes, then suddenly deciding he needs to stab her for them).

Maybe D+D think character development is for eight-grade book reports.

Archived