Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

30 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I am really sad how they handled Bran :( Anyway, I am honeypotting for myself he is still in shock over Summer's death and that is why he is soooooooo weird. 

You are looking at it in the least bad way possible... because you also love Bran. Book Bran!!! :crying:

When Meera told him, “Jojen died for you, Hodor and Summer died for you, I almost died for you”, his response was... *blank*. Nothing, nada, zero. 

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think the dhowrunners just see her as a badass, and badasses kill people to reach their goals.  I also wonder if GRRM doesn't see her in much the same, as ruthlesss as she needs to be... But I am putting it at 50/50 that she dies, and good riddance I will say.

Yeah, true she’s ruthless in the books as well. I’m not a fan of book Dany either. The kill everyone under 12 wearing a Tokar and indiscriminate crucifixion of the great masters all indicate a violent streak about her but I assume/hope when she comes to Westeroes and begins killing her enemies (most of whom will be sympathetic characters and not mustache twirling villains), GRRM will pull down the curtains and show her for what she is, and not try and justify her actions as the showrunners try to do. 

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Summer wont die in the books!!! #NoMoreDeadDirewolves

My hashtag is #ProtectTheDirewolves (see signature) 

29 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

You are looking at it in the least bad way possible... because you also love Bran. Book Bran!!! :crying:

When Meera told him, “Jojen died for you, Hodor and Summer died for you, I almost died for you”, his response was... *blank*. Nothing, nada, zero. 

It is really sad how they turned him into a robot especially if you compare robotBran to Isaac (who is actually energetic when he tells things). 

58 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

It is really sad how they turned him into a robot especially if you compare robotBran to Isaac (who is actually energetic when he tells things). 

In general I actually wouldn't mind it as a concept. It makes sense IMO that when you get all that history cramped inside of you, that it makes you forget who you are. And all the bad things that have happened over 1000s of years would probably make you numb as well if you were to witness them in HD.

The problem for me is that this transformation happened of screen. We leave Bran in S6 and he is still normal. Season 7 starts and you are like...wth happened? And they don't stick with this characterization all the way through. When he talks to Sansa about her wedding night he said 'you looked beautiful, with the snow falling and all'. That's something a brother would say, not a robot. Because only a human with actual feelings who knows the other person would use the word beautiful, that is an opinion specific to Bran. So he comes across as a huge dick precisely because they don't stick with robot behavior in every scene. He might deliver everything in a robot voice but not everything is said as a robot would.

There is one scene in S7, which I did enjoy.  The scene between Theon and Jon. It truly showed how much of Ned’s morality was instilled in Jon. It reminded me of Jon’s line from the books where he says no matter how many swords he’s given, Ned Stark will always be his father. I suspect D&D will have someone say to Jon the same line he said to Theon in this scene (you don’t have to chose, you are a Stark and a Greyjoy, or something to that effect).

47 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Looks cheery, huh?  Well, when it's actually visual, LOL 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=vwmAWOE5F9o

Either trolling or everyone's dead at the end, which would be totes fine by me. I have no idea who any of them are anyway... 

57 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Looks cheery, huh?  Well, when it's actually visual, LOL 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=vwmAWOE5F9o

They have really taken the feather and flown all the way around the fandom with it, huh? That feather was supposed to be burnt by Cersei in S1, but here it still flies.

Yeah, looks very ominous, or maybe not? Maybe the war is over and everyone is inside drinking officially licensed beer?

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

They have really taken the feather and flown all the way around the fandom with it, huh? That feather was supposed to be burnt by Cersei in S1, but here it still flies.

Yeah, looks very ominous, or maybe not? Maybe the war is over and everyone is inside drinking officially licensed beer?

Of all the things to latch onto as an ongoing symbol, I never would have thought it would be the feather.  Not sure what this symbolizes?  Lost love?  Obsession?  Lyanna mother of Jon Snow?  Or, nothing, but someone on the show thought it was a cool visual so why not?

Is the hand Jaime's? Looks like it has gold flecks in it. Whose chain is that? Looks a bit like one I saw on Dany. That's Longclaw I think. Too pixely in expanded screen. Youtube's been weird about the playback quality lately. 

Yes, it's definitely longclaw, I rewatched on full screen.  There is Tyrion's hand pin, Bran's wheelchair, I think that is needle, another weapon, some kind of mace? which I don't know who was carrying this, and yes, that is the gold hand.  

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Of all the things to latch onto as an ongoing symbol, I never would have thought it would be the feather.  Not sure what this symbolizes?  Lost love?  Obsession?  Lyanna mother of Jon Snow?  Or, nothing, but someone on the show thought it was a cool visual so why not?

There's a lot of season 1 references. Probably just a call back to that and Robert's Rebellion and to remind people of the line of continuity. Which is pretty funny coming from D&D who require us to arbitrarily forget stuff which becomes inconvenient to them for reasons. 

GRRM did say a prequel of RR would be pointless because we'd get enough filled in from the books. Maybe the show covers some of that.

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Hahahahahaha, at the feather that never dies.  Maybe we SHOULD burn it.  That'll save the world, err, Westeros!!

7 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Six days! (Well, 7 for me)

Get Hype!

What's with all the Jonsaism these days? Or were they always around and I just didn't notice?

Preach. Gods be good, I have no idea where in 7 hells that came from, but alas, seems we’re stuck w/ it. For now anyways. The really big question is, once the show doesn’t go there - coz it won’t - are they gonna give it up? Or are we going to have to put up w/ Jonsa until the books are published? “Ahhhh the Ds decided to go in a different direction, but just you wait... for TWoW, or ADoS... Safer bet is to wait until hell freezes over, coz that is happening before Jonsa - show or books. :smug: 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

The big question for me is:  Will Jon even say hello to Ghost before he rides a dragon?  If he doesn't, I hope Ghost pisses on his leg, peaces out and goes to look for Nymeria. 

Who is this Ghost you speak of? Is it a new character? I have no recollection. 

But seriously, given the show's track record I hope we never see or hear about any direwolves. 

Archived