Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Dany and Jon are not believable. There's no passion. He is already wavering in his love for her, which means it didn't mean that much to begin with. Which is lame because their shipping was the main driving point of the series, they should at least deliver a little better and be crazy head-over-heels in love so that we all feel it!!

Their 'romance' was better this episode than last year, that's about all I can say.  Obviously still lacking chemistry because they again had to have other characters commenting on how happy they are together.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Their 'romance' was better this episode than last year, that's about all I can say.  Obviously still lacking chemistry because they again had to have other characters commenting on how happy they are together.

Yeah, I think Kit and Emilia are doing okay with what the script is giving them, to be honest. It could be an actor chemistry thing though, not everyone has it, even great actors.

I do think Gendrya is pretty cute, to be honest. And... am I being delusional to say Lena brought something to Cersei x Euron? 

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, I think it's the actors lacking chemistry together. The Ds are forcing it hard for us to like them, but the actors aren't selling it well. Emilia doesn't seem that enamored with Kit.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

What was up with Drogon staring at Jon like that? He was kissing Dany but decided he was too scared to keep doing it so he needed to keep his eye on the dragon? I dont understand what was the point of that?

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

What was up with Drogon staring at Jon like that? He was kissing Dany but decided he was too scared to keep doing it so he needed to keep his eye on the dragon? I dont understand what was the point of that?

It was weird.  There may be a point, or it can be another one of the showrunners random elements, like the "Talisa" letters, LOL, that they throw in for their own amusement.  I'm assuming there was a reason to have the dragons not eating, though.

1 minute ago, SuperMario said:

Yeah, I think it's the actors lacking chemistry together. The Ds are forcing it hard for us to like them, but the actors aren't selling it well. Emilia doesn't seem that enamored with Kit.

I wasn't getting a strong feeling from or for either of them.  I think what bothered me is when Sam told Jon who he was, Aegon VI, his first thought is "oh but Dany's the heir--I'd have to steal it from her" when IMO his first thought should have been "Oh great! now we can get married and rule together, PERFECT!"

Instead of going to a happy-workable answer, they find some kind of issue.

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I wasn't getting a strong feeling from or for either of them.  I think what bothered me is when Sam told Jon who he was, Aegon VI, his first thought is "oh but Dany's the heir--I'd have to steal it from her" when IMO his first thought should have been "Oh great! now we can get married and rule together, PERFECT!"

Honestly the shittiest thing about this reveal was that it made it about Sam's anger and Jon's claim rather than Jon actually responding to learning about his parentage. 

At this point we have learned about R+L three times, when Bran had the vision, when Sam told Bran Jon was legitimate, and when Sam told Jon. This should have been the only time, with the focus being on Jon's identity, not his claim. 

2 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Honestly the shittiest thing about this reveal was that it made it about Sam's anger and Jon's claim rather than Jon actually responding to learning about his parentage. 

At this point we have learned about R+L three times, when Bran had the vision, when Sam told Bran Jon was legitimate, and when Sam told Jon. This should have been the only time, with the focus being on Jon's identity, not his claim. 

Yes agreed, making it about Jon vs Dany very first thing was awful. It should have been all about Jon and Lyanna and Ned and Rhaegar. Lots more talking to fill in the storyline in Jon's head. I just dont like how the show makes the characters focus on the immaterial when there are FAR more important things going on all around them.

4 minutes ago, Vaith said:

:agree:

5 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Jon Snow is brutally stupid on the show.  Sometimes the show has people who do stupid things but are still 'said' to be smart [like the newly Mensa Sansa] .  But, he's literally repeating exactly the behaviors that got him killed.  He's right, he knows he's right and he doesn't see the resistances from his people, or fully understand them and address them, just says the same things over and over.  So, this is how I know he dies now.  

12 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I think it was supposed to be a funny scene. Drogon is The jealousy son wacthing The mother Kissing. But hey! He is a dragon and can set you on fire or eat you Alive.  His presence was supposed to be a comic menace and a remindrr of where he was getting himself into

5 hours ago, Vaith said:

And how can obsidian be smelted like metal into regular weapons?

Unless you're thinking of something else, the Hound's ax had the stone with gouges in it like it'd been carved. It did have what looked like metal bindings to attach it to the handle which would require a blacksmith.

Just now, Lollygag said:

Unless you're thinking of something else, the Hound's ax had the stone with gouges in it like it'd been carved. It did have what looked like metal bindings to attach it to the handle which would require a blacksmith.

Arya asked Gendry to smelt her an obsidian double edged spear. 

Just now, Vaith said:

Arya asked Gendry to smelt her an obsidian double edged spear. 

Well that makes it doubly bad as they got the Hound's ax right and then follow it up with that. 

32 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think they show pretty well that they admire and respect each other. However they are nearly always talking about serious subjects… I find it hard to have people falling in love while talking about ww or arguing about kneeling.

There were very few scenes about their romance… I would risk 3 before boat sex and 1 of them didn t end very well (jon talking about her dragons) and the other was mostly about danny's infertility.

26 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Jon Snow is brutally stupid on the show.  Sometimes the show has people who do stupid things but are still 'said' to be smart [like the newly Mensa Sansa] .  But, he's literally repeating exactly the behaviors that got him killed.  He's right, he knows he's right and he doesn't see the resistances from his people, or fully understand them and address them, just says the same things over and over.  So, this is how I know he dies now.  

I am not sure if he is being stupid or if the northerns are just stupid. He explained pretty well why they needed danny and why he kneeled. I don t know how you can adress a problem like "we don t like targs"... He even tells sansa he got to know danny and believes she will be a good queen.

I don t think there is much he can do besides give time to danny to show the northerns the type of ruler she is… Buts as northerns are the worst people in westeros I wouldn t be surprised if someone tries to kill him or danny either before or after the battle...

I agree that The romance has improved considering The previous season. But the conflict of The aegon revelation os already building up. Also The conflict between Dany capacity of being a good ruler vs skepticism from The starks and Sam.

I don't think The romance we already have is not enough too survive this provations once we have only 5 Episodes left and we cant buy It yet as it is.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

I am not sure if he is being stupid or if the northerns are just stupid. He explained pretty well why they needed danny and why he kneeled. I don t know how you can adress a problem like "we don t like targs"... He even tells sansa he got to know danny and believes she will be a good queen.

I don t think there is much he can do besides give time to danny to show the northerns the type of ruler she is… Buts as northerns are the worst people in westeros I wouldn t be surprised if someone tries to kill him or danny either before or after the battle...

Yes, they are by a long shot.  The North Remembers How to Betray their Liege Lord.  Again and again and again.  

Archived