Jump to content

Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!


The Fattest Leech

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Thank you, and I come bearing gifts as well.  Or, pictures, LOL

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/17/game-of-thrones-releases-photos-from-season-8-episode-2/

The is the second time that this 'new' pic of Dany in this new outfit has been shown, I think.  I only notice because not for the first time have I wondered..................does she have a little baby bump?  Is that what her arm is kinda cradling?  It might just be the bad angle or Clapton's CrayCray Costuming, but I wonder if it's possible?  I'm guessing only a few days at the most may have passed between episode 1 and the picture, but we haven't really seen Dany in form fitting clothes.  We really haven't seen her out of heavy furs, have we?  Plus, we know Jon and Dany have been at it at least since some time before the boat hit White Harbor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Thank you, and I come bearing gifts as well.  Or, pictures, LOL

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/17/game-of-thrones-releases-photos-from-season-8-episode-2/

The is the second time that this 'new' pic of Dany in this new outfit has been shown, I think.  I only notice because not for the first time have I wondered..................does she have a little baby bump?  Is that what her arm is kinda cradling?  It might just be the bad angle or Clapton's CrayCray Costuming, but I wonder if it's possible?  I'm guessing only a few days at the most may have passed between episode 1 and the picture, but we haven't really seen Dany in form fitting clothes.  We really haven't seen her out of heavy furs, have we?  Plus, we know Jon and Dany have been at it at least since some time before the boat hit White Harbor. 

Gilly and her baby must've caught a ride on Jaime's BiFrost?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Thank you, and I come bearing gifts as well.  Or, pictures, LOL

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/17/game-of-thrones-releases-photos-from-season-8-episode-2/

The is the second time that this 'new' pic of Dany in this new outfit has been shown, I think.  I only notice because not for the first time have I wondered..................does she have a little baby bump?  Is that what her arm is kinda cradling?  It might just be the bad angle or Clapton's CrayCray Costuming, but I wonder if it's possible?  I'm guessing only a few days at the most may have passed between episode 1 and the picture, but we haven't really seen Dany in form fitting clothes.  We really haven't seen her out of heavy furs, have we?  Plus, we know Jon and Dany have been at it at least since some time before the boat hit White Harbor. 

It would be fun if she was pregnant and jon's and danny's problems with jon's parentage is that their baby might have problems. Ithink it is the type of stupidity the show might go for...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Thank you, and I come bearing gifts as well.  Or, pictures, LOL

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/17/game-of-thrones-releases-photos-from-season-8-episode-2/

The is the second time that this 'new' pic of Dany in this new outfit has been shown, I think.  I only notice because not for the first time have I wondered..................does she have a little baby bump?  Is that what her arm is kinda cradling?  It might just be the bad angle or Clapton's CrayCray Costuming, but I wonder if it's possible?  I'm guessing only a few days at the most may have passed between episode 1 and the picture, but we haven't really seen Dany in form fitting clothes.  We really haven't seen her out of heavy furs, have we?  Plus, we know Jon and Dany have been at it at least since some time before the boat hit White Harbor. 

Looks like it to me. Clapton says she uses colors to indicate loyalties so Dany has gone from Targ black to Stark white and now she's gray. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, divica said:

But seriously. I think every warrior is wearing armor (even simple soldiers) except jon and arya. Why?

I'm not sure which picture you're talking about. If it's the one that shows only Jon and Arya, I actually say FINALLY. Because Jon has been wearing armor this whole fucking time, like he slept in it. That brown coat that all Stark soldiers and commanders tend to wear looks like it's a coat of plates. 

One of my problems with GoT has been not whether or not a character is wearing armor, it's when characters are wearing armor, but it does nothing, because reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Corvinus said:

I'm not sure which picture you're talking about. If it's the one that shows only Jon and Arya, I actually say FINALLY. Because Jon has been wearing armor this whole fucking time, like he slept in it. That brown coat that all Stark soldiers and commanders tend to wear looks like it's a coat of plates. 

One of my problems with GoT has been not whether or not a character is wearing armor, it's when characters are wearing armor, but it does nothing, because reasons.

Come on. Isn t that just leather? I can t compare it with real armor like the shouthern armies use. Even jorah is using armor in the picts.

Jon and arya look to be wearing some kind of leather...

And I think that in the entire series the only piece of armor that actualy worked was a venbrance or whatever it is called (ned in the toj scene).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, divica said:

Come on. Isn t that just leather? I can t compare it with real armor like the shouthern armies use. Even jorah is using armor in the picts.

Jon and arya look to be wearing some kind of leather...

And I think that in the entire series the only piece of armor that actualy worked was a venbrance or whatever it is called (ned in the toj scene).

My point exactly. That pattern we see on the Stark men armor would not just be leather. There should be small metal plates sewn inside, which is still a pretty good piece of armor than stop most attacks, though not as good as full plate. In the picture above Jon and Arya are wearing some leather jerkins, but that's not what Jon wore for the entirety of episode 1, and pretty much all of last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still catching up on the above posted Black Nerd Problems recap.  It has great points as usual, but the sulking dragons not eating killed me. 

In the middle of Dany getting all of her entitlement on, she learns that the dragons are barely eating.

They go to check this shit out and these muthafuckas are pushing around the lamb bones like kids that don’t want to eat their peas and shit. Jon asked what’s wrong and Dany is like, “they don’t like the north.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

My point exactly. That pattern we see on the Stark men armor would not just be leather. There should be small metal plates sewn inside, which is still a pretty good piece of armor than stop most attacks, though not as good as full plate. In the picture above Jon and Arya are wearing some leather jerkins, but that's not what Jon wore for the entirety of episode 1, and pretty much all of last season.

But why wouldn t one of the most importante people in the north not wear the best armor around for a battle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, divica said:

But why wouldn t one of the most importante people in the north not wear the best armor around for a battle?

You mean like have full plate and all? He probably would, in a book. But in this show, the armor is just there to distinguish Starks from Lannisters, from Boltons, etc etc. And Kit might have trouble moving about in plate. Barely anyone, who isn't an extra, is wearing a helmet in battle, and even shields are sparse.

Actually now that I think about it, Ramsey didn't have anything more than leather, didn't he? Sure, he didn't lead from the front, but that's still risky.

Edited by Corvinus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

You mean like have full plate and all? He probably would, in a book. But in this show, the armor is just there to distinguish Starks from Lannisters, from Boltons, etc etc. And Kit might have trouble moving about in plate. Barely anyone, who isn't an extra, is wearing a helmet in battle, and even shields are sparse.

Actually now that I think about it, Ramsey didn't have anything more than leather, didn't he? Sure, he didn't lead from the front, but that's still risky.

If barristan selmy that was old could move with an armor kit should be able to do it... 

And yeah, I Don t think ramsay wore any kind of armor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last season, Sansa reminded them to cover the armor in leather or something. Not my field of expertise, but I live in a very cold climate and cold + metal don't mix well. Especially if you add moisture. I've had my fingers stuck to metal in the cold before. 

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2149761-Knight-armor-in-cold-weather/page2

 

 

Adding: In addition to armor, you need extra layers to keep warm which adds extra weight and rigidity. Also, the colder it gets, the more you lose flexibility (hence the hot yoga trend). 

Edited by Lollygag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Last season, Sansa reminded them to cover the armor in leather or something. Not my field of expertise, but I live in a very cold climate and cold + metal don't mix well. Especially if you add moisture. I've had my fingers stuck to metal in the cold before. 

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2149761-Knight-armor-in-cold-weather/page2

 

 

Adding: In addition to armor, you need extra layers to keep warm which adds extra weight and rigidity. Also, the colder it gets, the more you lose flexibility (hence the hot yoga trend). 

This applies to hot climates, too. Imagine wearing steel in a desert.

Also, all those added layers for warmth would also offer protection, so you could get away with less steel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...