Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

2 minutes ago, Sly Wren said:

His purpose is tension with Dany--obviously.

That's why they melded him with fAegon and melded Dany with Val.

Real answer? No idea what they intend to do with him. Or why/how his being undead himself was remotely helpful to the plot/purpose/etc.

Big resurrection! Little show.

Jon Stoneheart. Big main character dies and is brought back by Red Rahloo. Check!

That’s why they didn’t know what to do w/ the resurrection nor the consequences. Yikes.

Question:

NK raised dead from the battle and dead in the crypts.

So: where were Lyanna, Brandon, and Rickard? Rickon? Completely Headless Ned?

Ugh, that crypt idea. Those old kings should have been bones and dust. They looked a few months-a few recent years old at best. And Iliked how they busted through stone sarcophagus walls that are supposed to be rather thick. And by like I mean :bang:

The newest crypt corpses just get to sleep in?

Did I miss them in the darkness, or did D&D not include them because they didn't want to pay the Rickon actor any more money?

:lmao: Yes.

4 minutes ago, Sly Wren said:

Question:

NK raised dead from the battle and dead in the crypts.

So: where were Lyanna, Brandon, and Rickard? Rickon? Completely Headless Ned?

The newest crypt corpses just get to sleep in?

Did I miss them in the darkness, or did D&D not include them because they didn't want to pay the Rickon actor any more money?

I was half expecting the Ds to say in the Outside the Episode that the lady wight Arya kills in/near the crypts was Lyanna. Just cuz why the hell not, like most things on the show.  :lol:

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

I was half expecting the Ds to say in the Outside the Episode that the lady wight Arya kills in/near the crypts was Lyanna. Just cuz why the hell not, like most things on the show.  :lol:

What did they say?  I read they said that the Dothraki are dead as a people, anything else? 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

What did they say?  I read they said that the Dothraki are dead as a people, anything else? 

The dothriaki's death was so stupid my god...

honestly, I am surprised how Disney doesn t fire D&D after seeing what they have done this season of got. It should be a consensos that we are in LOST level of bad by now.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, they said something along the lines of, “the Dothraki are gone now”. They said a whole ep w/ only battle scenes gets old pretty fast, that’s why it was important to “focus on the characters” - WHAT. 

What else... ah the thing w/ it’d be too obvious for Jon to kill the NK. 

Trying hard to remember what else but I’m getting nothing. I don’t think there was anything really important; another 10+ minutes wasted on GoT. :D

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Arya is my second favorite Stark in the books. Bran is the first by far. So what the show has done to Arya on screen is an abomination to the source material. They made her in to the uber-ninja she is because creatively it made sense to them because they wanted it to happen. Literally. That's it. They decided three years ago to take Arya this way. This was after Mel looked in to Arya's eyes and gave the "brown, green, blue" speech. Mel should have seen then that Stannis wasn't the chosen one, but she didn't. Mel followed Stannis until the end, burning his child, all for what? To pull a switcheroo and make Arya the something that was promised.

Melisandre supported Stannis as Azor Ahai in Season 2-5, Jon in Season 6, and Dany in Season 7.... but now... Arya is Azor Ahai because of something Mel saw in Season 3? :P

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I'd rather shoot myself (well, I take that back, the Ds are not worth that, LOL) than watch that crap, but finally, I am going in.  I'll take one for the team.  Damn, it's 10 minutes long.  Wish me luck. 

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, they said something along the lines of, “the Dothraki are gone now”. They said a whole ep w/ only battle scenes gets old pretty fast, that’s why it was important to “focus on the characters” - WHAT. 

Trying hard to remember what else but I’m getting nothing. I don’t think there was anything really important; another 10+ minutes wasted on GoT. :D

They just don't get it.The NK has been portrayed as magic from the beginning, the WW are magical beings, they have magical powers and only a few things can kill them, I guess you could say since he gets it with a Valaryian dagger, that is consistent, but Arya's entire story has never been anything to do with magic, she is among the most pragmatic, grounded characters in the story.  So, the two things don't go together...the person whose story has nothing to do with magic kills the magical enemy?  That sucks.

5 minutes ago, divica said:

The dothriaki's death was so stupid my god...

honestly, I am surprised how Disney doesn t fire D&D after seeing what they have done this season of got. It should be a consensos that we are in LOST level of bad by now.

Yeah, I thought the first two episodes were okay, I felt the showrunners were at least trying...but this battle was so wrong on so many levels that it seems impossible they can rebound from this level of stupid.  So, I agree, we're in LOST territory now.

2 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Well George must really not have seen this season's episodes when he made the recent comment that the ending won't differ too much from that in the books. Bloody hell, is it even possible to describe how bad this Show is?

When/ where did he make this comment? He could be referring to who sits the IT and who dies and who lives. 

Just now, Cas Stark said:

They just don't get it.The NK has been portrayed as magic from the beginning, the WW are magical beings, they have magical powers and only a few things can kill them, I guess you could say since he gets it with a Valaryian dagger, that is consistent, but Arya's entire story has never been anything to do with magic, she is among the most pragmatic, grounded characters in the story.  So, the two things don't go together...the person whose story has nothing to do with magic kills the magical enemy?  That sucks.

It's not just "magic," it's that Arya's only known about the existence of the White Walkers for... 4 or 5 months? Just before Cersei learned that she was pregnant, and she still isn't showing now (that's the only timeline metric relevant to the last 2 seasons, I guess). Jon's story's been tied to the Walkers since Season 1, and Brienne and Sansa have even been tied to the Northern threat longer than Arya has. 

Twists are fine. Just make sure that your twists have buildup and are not twists for the sake of twists. That's why the Red Wedding works, unlike Arya killing the NK. 

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

LOOL 

2 minutes ago, Vaith said:

It's not just "magic," it's that Arya's only known about the existence of the White Walkers for... 4 or 5 months? Just before Cersei learned that she was pregnant, and she still isn't showing now (that's the only timeline metric relevant to the last 2 seasons, I guess). Jon's story's been tied to the Walkers since Season 1, and Brienne and Sansa have even been tied to the Northern threat longer than Arya has. 

Twists are fine. Just make sure that your twists have buildup and are not twists for the sake of twists. That's why the Red Wedding works, unlike Arya killing the NK. 

Exactly.  Even if Gendry or Bran had given her some kind of intel, maybe, but it all feels very unearned to me, and Arya is by far my favorite character.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah. But they don’t care for the magical aspects, and they can’t do any magical stuff well. I can’t remember a single instance where they managed anything to do w/ magic well, apart from Dany and the dragons at the end of s1. 

That’s in part why Bran’s story has been so bad since forever... 

Jon (or Dany I guess) killing the NK would be too obvious? Then have Jaime, the Kingslayer do it. It could at least be a fun twist. But the way they’ve dealt w/ Jaime, I guess I should just be grateful he’s still alive. 

LOL  So, the beginning quotes from the Ds about the end or decimation of the Dothraki and Dany's quote about the dead already here is her being unable to watch the decimation of the Dothraki, the breakdown of the 'plan?'  Oh gods, it'd have been nice to be clear on that at the time, or now.  Dany took to Drogon because the Dothraki were her people, that was what that was about.  Here, I just thought Dany was mad at Jon, LOL 

OK, back to watching the Circle Jerk Mess.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1yC3yESLQ

there's the link if anyone wants it. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  So, the beginning quotes from the Ds about the end or decimation of the Dothraki and Dany's quote about the dead already here is her being unable to watch the decimation of the Dothraki, the breakdown of the 'plan?'  Oh gods, it'd have been nice to be clear on that at the time, or now.  Dany took to Drogon because the Dothraki were her people, that was what that was about.  Here, I just thought Dany was mad at Jon, LOL 

OK, back to watching the Circle Jerk Mess.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1yC3yESLQ

there's the link if anyone wants it. 

This version also features the trailer for Episode 4 :)

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Exactly.  Even if Gendry or Bran had given her some kind of intel, maybe, but it all feels very unearned to me, and Arya is by far my favorite character.

After arya's arrogance last ep about the army of the dead it would NEVER fit for her to kill the NK. It was the worst build up ever. 

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah. But they don’t care for the magical aspects, and they can’t do any magical stuff well. I can’t remember a single instance where they managed anything to do w/ magic well, apart from Dany and the dragons at the end of s1. 

That’s in part why Bran’s story has been so bad since forever... 

Jon (or Dany I guess) killing the NK would be too obvious? Then have Jaime, the Kingslayer do it. It could at least be a fun twist. But the way they’ve dealt w/ Jaime, I guess I should just be grateful he’s still alive. 

Depending on the situation I could support jamie killing the NK but he would need to die as a result. However he could never do it alone like arya did! 

27 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

on Stoneheart. Big main character dies and is brought back by Red Rahloo. Check!

Yes! I forgot--in addition to melding him with fAegon, they also just tossed Lady Stoneheart into the mix, saving a bit of her for Arya's melding.

It's character stew.

26 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Ugh, that crypt idea. Those old kings should have been bones and dust. They looked a few months-a few recent years old at best. And Iliked how they busted through stone sarcophagus walls that are supposed to be rather thick. And by like I mean :bang:

Especially since we have Jon seeing the old kings coming out of their tombs in the novels.

And it's nothing like D&D.

I still am annoyed by the fact that the dead "growl"--silent death is so scary in the novels.

27 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Amen!

I do like that they flat out admitted the NK's immunity to fire was a "why not?" move.

Transparency is a virtue--and it explains a lot of their writing and plot choices.

20 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yup.

And all the book set up with Nan's tales. And the echoes of the Night's King with the Smiling Knight and even Drogo.

They just flattened the NK out, made him into a movie monster, and bam! Anyone could take him out then. No need for the stuff about "all men must know fear" or "justice" or "our way is the old way" or any of the rest.

Arya's badassery is all that's needed.

sigh.

Archived